SeekGod.ca Discussion Forum
Contemplative prayer, centering prayer, Christ-consciousness - Printable Version

+- SeekGod.ca Discussion Forum (http://www.seekgod.ca/forum)
+-- Forum: Discussion Boards (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: "Christian" New Age Beliefs (/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Thread: Contemplative prayer, centering prayer, Christ-consciousness (/showthread.php?tid=130)

Contemplative prayer, centering prayer, Christ-consciousness - Vic - 02-04-2009 09:08 PM

Contemplative prayer, centering prayer, Christ-consciousness, creative visualization, the silence....all part of the new age....and new age Christianity. 452

So what are they and what do they have to do with Christians?

RE: Contemplative prayer, centering prayer, Christ-consciousness - Anddra - 02-20-2009 07:18 AM

They are all part of the great deception and can allow evil spirits to influence those who practice them. New Age teaches that we are all gods - no different to Satan's big lie in the Garden of Eden.

RE: Contemplative prayer, centering prayer, Christ-consciousness - Emjesown - 02-20-2009 08:51 AM

Its a thin line between christ-consciousness
and knowing Christ lives in me!
The last part is biblical, the first is not.
The promis that He would sent the HS is clear.
He wil live in us the HS that is, so does that make us Holy Spirit conscious? For instance:
I am well aware of Him in me, because i changed and i myself had nothing ( or very litle) to do with it.
Sot to be conscious of the fact that He in us is true, and the christ consciousness of new age are very different.
In new age you BECOME a christ, so to speak.
And that is not what the bible telle us.

EMJE