SeekGod.ca Discussion Forum
Contemplative prayer, centering prayer, Christ-consciousness - Printable Version

+- SeekGod.ca Discussion Forum (http://www.seekgod.ca/forum)
+-- Forum: Discussion Boards (http://www.seekgod.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: "Christian" New Age Beliefs (http://www.seekgod.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Thread: Contemplative prayer, centering prayer, Christ-consciousness (/showthread.php?tid=130)

Contemplative prayer, centering prayer, Christ-consciousness - Vic - 02-04-2009

Contemplative prayer, centering prayer, Christ-consciousness, creative visualization, the silence....all part of the new age....and new age Christianity. 452

So what are they and what do they have to do with Christians?

RE: Contemplative prayer, centering prayer, Christ-consciousness - Anddra - 02-20-2009

They are all part of the great deception and can allow evil spirits to influence those who practice them. New Age teaches that we are all gods - no different to Satan's big lie in the Garden of Eden.

RE: Contemplative prayer, centering prayer, Christ-consciousness - Emjesown - 02-20-2009

Its a thin line between christ-consciousness
and knowing Christ lives in me!
The last part is biblical, the first is not.
The promis that He would sent the HS is clear.
He wil live in us the HS that is, so does that make us Holy Spirit conscious? For instance:
I am well aware of Him in me, because i changed and i myself had nothing ( or very litle) to do with it.
Sot to be conscious of the fact that He in us is true, and the christ consciousness of new age are very different.
In new age you BECOME a christ, so to speak.
And that is not what the bible telle us.

EMJE

RE: Contemplative prayer, centering prayer, Christ-consciousness - Brad Watson - Miami - 04-25-2016

(02-20-2009, 07:18 AM)Anddra Wrote: They are all part of the great deception and can allow evil spirits to influence those who practice them.  New Age teaches that we are all gods - no different to Satan's big lie in the Garden of Eden.

Wrong. When one is truly imitating Jesus son of Joseph, they can experience many things that others do not understand. Y'shua taught, "You are gods." (I forget what verse that is. A google search would find it.) And the Snake in the Guardin' of Eden was not Satan. The snake to the ancients represented Earth since out of all the animals, it's the snake that's closest to the Earth. The 'God-guy' - an extraterrestrial - cloned himself to produce Adam and then cloned Adam while changing a chromosome to create Eve. The Snake and the Fruit Tree (FIG) represented the knowledge known to the ancients. The God-guy didn't tell them the truth when He said, "If you eat of it, you will surely die." Eve and Adam wanted to possess the knowledge that the God-guy had. It was no sin when they ate the fruit and immediately realized they were naked. Matter-of-fact, it would have been a sin if they hadn't wanted to be as smart as the God-guy!

Those that feel that Adam & Eve sinned when they ate of the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge, would have us still walking around naked without having gathered any information that separates humans from the animals.

RE: Contemplative prayer, centering prayer, Christ-consciousness - Lois - 04-25-2016

Th_57cb9f3e

Brad, you said you were a Bible scholar but you don't know what Jesus said, or where he said it?  Swoon

While you are searching Google instead of the Bible for what Jesus said could you maybe throw in some Scriptural support for all the other nonsense you are asserting?-And do try to stay on topic, please?