SeekGod.ca Discussion Forum
Eddie Chumney - Printable Version

+- SeekGod.ca Discussion Forum (http://www.seekgod.ca/forum)
+-- Forum: Discussion Boards (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Hebrew Roots Groups, Ministries & Leaders (/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Eddie Chumney (/showthread.php?tid=377)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Eddie Chumney - grafted - 07-10-2009 04:10 PM

I stated somewhere not too long ago that my knowledge about the individuals was very limited, hence why I put their names up, so that those who knew them and their message better could put the information or discussion up so that those of us who didn't know would have a starting point.

I keep hearing more about them, and from my seat it appears the message is the same across the board, but that is as much as I know. As for GLC, I know it is a business first and foremost, but equally, during the time I worked for them on the side, I saw my fair share of people, who believed they were in a private place, at various hours, falling on the knees, crying out for Christ: GLC had an indoors sanctuary at the time, don't know about now since they have remodeled, and security is a lot tighter.

As for HRM and that ilk, my knowledge is not great enough to either deny or accept anything they have to say. I am learning more each day, writing down questions as I go, and checking sources; one day perhaps enough knowledge will be imparted upon me to take an educated position one way or the other. I have read the links you provided earlier on, and found them interesting, and continue to seek other sources to make sure everything/one is on the same sheet of music, and if not then why and how does it differ; people from different angles see a crash from a different view, so why everyone might agree there was a crash the what happened is going to be a little different depending on where one is standing... Why I like to check for other references, so no offense meant.

RE: Eddie Chumney - so loved - 02-19-2012 07:08 AM

(07-05-2009 06:02 PM)heb13-13 Wrote:  
(07-04-2009 06:16 PM)grafted Wrote:  hebroots.org/
Start your discussion here.

Thanks I took a look at Chumney's site because I have some close friends in the Lord that mention his name, often.

Avi ben Mordechai is a Jewish believer in Yeshua as the Messiah and he is selling a Galations teaching series. He says, the book of Galatians is probably the most misunderstood and misinterpreted book in the New Testament. Why is this so? The main reason is that the book of Galatians has never been studied from a Torah-based First-Century Hebraic context. The Apostle Paul was originally a Pharasaic rabbinic Jew. In the book of Galatians, it is impossible to understand the writings of Paul without having an understanding of his Pharasaic rabbinic Judaism background."

I think this is an absolutely ridiculous statement, yet my friends probably agree with it. It sounds "scholarly", I guess. Th_ththink

Anyway, my friends say that they "just want to do whatever Jesus did. If it was good enough for Him then it is good enough for me."

They then go on to say that Jesus observed the Feasts, including Hanukkah, and that He observed the Sabbath.

Luk 9:58 And Jesus said unto him, Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head.

I don't see anyone giving up everything they own and sleeping under the stars. Walking everyday and preaching the Gospel. Sign0138

On the contrary, he is selling quite a bit of "studies." Money1
There is something disingenuous about all of this.

They don't really observe Passover or Sabbath or the Feasts the way a religious Jew would, so what is the point in all of this?

Thanks.

RE: Eddie Chumney - so loved - 02-19-2012 08:15 AM

You're so right ! I have read a lot of that book ,as the leader of a H.R. group loaned it to me . I quess she thought I needed it to straighten me out ! I only read about 1/3 of it and it was unbelievable how twisted and ...well, I felt no peace about it. Its been awhile since I read it ,so cant bring up specifics about it , but I remember how my spirit was greived. (no spell check here).Any way brother dont get bothered by it , Jesus fore warned us of such people !
One thing that (One good thing) I got out of my experiance with H.R. folks is that it drove me into the word more than ever !I appreciate The book of Galatians so much more . It has just opened up to me the truths that are there just for the taking . Like taking a sunday stroll and picking up diamonds off the ground !The differance is the Holy Ghost . With Holy Ghost its easy . But the rub , with out Holy Spirit its a ruff row to hoe . I love Titus 3:4,5,6. "But after that the kindness and love of God our saviour toward man appeared, not by works of rightiousness which we have done ,but according to His mercy He saved us , by the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Ghost ; which He shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our saviour ;" That abundance of Holy Spirit , so glad He did not hold back , but shed. I Looked up shed in Strongs ,It noted it means "Gushed out". What a Saviour , what a provider .
Anyway , I really wanted to say something about Romans 6 . Its as good as Galatians ! Imagine that ,Ha ! It speacks of "That form of doctrine" (king James) . What form of doctrine ? Can't be Torah , or The Law as Paul (the assumed writer of said book)(I think he was) says just before he mentions (verse 17) "that form of doctrine which was delivered you ", that (verse 15) "we are not under Law but under grace". Why would He be so confusing to his readers ! Well, as we know God is not the author of confusion, and Paul as smart and Godly as he was would never do such a thing. No sir , he was just simply saying that we are not under the Law , but under new management "that form of doctrine" that calls us to a (verse 4) "walk in newness of lfe" . It was such a new way ,that the christians were called or coined "the way". Some church are named that even today ! Got to go for now . Later bro.

RE: Eddie Chumney - SheitlQueen - 02-20-2012 10:58 AM

(02-19-2012 08:15 AM)so loved Wrote:  You're so right ! I have read a lot of that book ,as the leader of a H.R. group loaned it to me . I quess she thought I needed it to straighten me out ! I only read about 1/3 of it and it was unbelievable how twisted and ...well, I felt no peace about it. Its been awhile since I read it ,so cant bring up specifics about it , but I remember how my spirit was greived. (no spell check here).
I'm glad you could see through the book and the movement.
I think many, many people are attracted to it because of the glitz
involved by following Jewish customs, culture, and religious practices.
Take that away, and there would be a lot less interested in the Messie faith.

RE: Eddie Chumney - Vic - 02-24-2012 03:28 PM

Smiley-greet013 Hi Sheitl, it's been awhile. Glad you dropped in.

RE: Eddie Chumney - SheitlQueen - 03-11-2012 06:29 PM

Thanks, Vic! Yes, it's been awhile....busy busy and little time for forums these days.