SeekGod.ca Discussion Forum
Child artist, New Age Christian (???) - Printable Version

+- SeekGod.ca Discussion Forum (http://www.seekgod.ca/forum)
+-- Forum: Discussion Boards (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: "Christian" New Age Beliefs (/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Thread: Child artist, New Age Christian (???) (/showthread.php?tid=633)

Pages: 1 2

Child artist, New Age Christian (???) - YYZ Skinhead - 03-22-2010 07:21 PM

This kid apparently had some sort of profound spiritual experience and she wants to "lead people to God". Which god?

http://www.artakiane.com/her_life.html
http://www.artakiane.com/creating_painting.html

Are all artistic talents originally given by God, and often exploited by Satan (which is what I think)? Can Satan imbue humans with artistic talent, the way he bestows temporary fame and success on people who follow him? (I hope not.) This child artist is incredibly prolific and says her talent and skills are from God, but her paintings look new age. http://www.artakiane.com/gallery.html

RE: Child artist, New Age Christian (???) - Mary - 03-23-2010 04:34 AM

(03-22-2010 07:21 PM)YYZ Skinhead Wrote:  This kid apparently had some sort of profound spiritual experience and she wants to "lead people to God". Which god?

Are all artistic talents originally given by God, and often exploited by Satan (which is what I think)? Can Satan imbue humans with artistic talent, the way he bestows temporary fame and success on people who follow him? (I hope not.) This child artist is incredibly prolific and says her talent and skills are from God, but her paintings look new age. http://www.artakiane.com/gallery.html

PANTHEISM

RE: Child artist, New Age Christian (???) - sheep wrecked - 03-23-2010 01:43 PM

(03-22-2010 07:21 PM)YYZ Skinhead Wrote:  This kid apparently had some sort of profound spiritual experience and she wants to "lead people to God". Which god?

The first thing that struck me about the portrait of "Jesus" was the darkened left eye. It reminded me of the "Passion of the Christ" movie, except the eye that was blackened out was the right eye - which is a satanic symbol.

The darkened left eye made me feel rather creepy, so I did some research and came up with the eye of Horus - which is also of the occult. Here is the myth:

Quote:The eye of Hours also called Oudjat or Wedjat, is the left lunar eye which originates from the struggle btween Hours and Seth. In this fight, Hours loses his left eye which is taken by Seth, but then Hours acquires spiritual sight, the eye of light. The eye was later healed by Thoth and returned to Hours and then called ìthe Oudjatî (ìthe Whole Oneî). It was a symbol of the power of the God of light, and therefore a popular amulet for protection and good luck. Some oudjat eyes had an arm carrying the Ankh or the papyrus staff, symbol for ìto flourishî. The eye of Hours was also used as a protection against the evil eye. From the late old kingdom, two oudjat eyes were placed on the door recesses of tombs.

http://www.ancientmuseumstore.com/Eye_of_Hours_Statue_on_Marble_Base_p/e-010bpm.htm

Quote:Hours, represented as the falcon-headed god, was an important god in Egyptian legend. The symbol representing his eye, Eye of Hours, was a powerful symbol used to protect from evil. Pronounced "udjat" by the Egyptians, the Eye of Hours represents a human eye with the cheek markings of a falcon.The ancient Egyptian Eye of Hours or wedjat ('Whole One') is a powerful symbol of protection, and is also considered to confer wisdom, health and prosperity.The ancient Egyptians considered the eye of hours as a representative of eternal renewal of the kingdom from Pharaoh to pharaoh.

The ancient Egyptians believed that this symbol has a very powerful and magical effect on restoring harmony to the unstabilized world and restoring unrightful things.

According to the old myth, the rivalling god Seth tore Hours' eye out. Seth was his uncle, who contended with him for the Egyptian throne after he had killed and dismembered his father, Osiris. Thot, the wise moon god and the patron of the sciences and the art of writing, put it patiently back in order and healed it. As an ambiguous symbol, it describes the status of regained soundness.

In the field of astronomy it is the moon symbol absolute and refers to the increasing completion of the moon disk; the Eye of Hours symbol was inspired by the "Eye of God" and "solar falcon" that are manifested during total solar eclipses;

In the most different sizes and degrees of preciousness of its materials, it served as an amulet worn around the neck or as a graphic motif for beautiful jewels; it decorated the lunettes of coffins and sarcophagi; it was part of a suspicious picture mysteries in the ornament of receptacles or other personal objects.

http://www.kingtutshop.com/freeinfo/eye-horus.htm

I believe that when God created man, He gave each person the abilities and talents to honor Him, if someone belongs to Him. satan also has the ability to use those talents and gifts for his own purposes and will do so to an incredible level. The paintings and poetry of Akiane are not of God, but of satan. They do not offer the Gospel, but a feel good message about "God" - whoever that might be. Many people in the new age and similiar religions believe that Jesus was a good person and should be exemplified. But without Jesus crucified, one does not have the true God and Creator. It is so sad to watch this child "perform" to the accolades believing she is promoting "godliness". When in fact she is thrust into the "enlightenment" of the "dark side" and she doesn't even know it.

2Th 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
2Th 2:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
2Th 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
2Th 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
2Th 2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
2Th 2:13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:
2Th 2:14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

RE: Child artist, New Age Christian (???) - Jenny - 03-23-2010 02:09 PM

One thing I noticed as I looked at many of the drawings was the eyes were not even. Usually one eye is larger than the other. Now, I know there can be corrective measures taken to teach her to draw eyes symmetrically; but perhaps this has to do with the "eye of Horus"?
Also, children can be demon possessed. Remember in Mark 9, the boy who since he was a child (Greek: since childhood) was inhabited by a demon that threw him into the fire, the water, caused him to be dumb, etc.? Jesus said this kind of demon comes out only by fasting and prayer.
Her mother is/was an athiestic stay-at-home Lithuanian, according to the "about" section of the web page. Nothing is said of her father's spirituality. But the girl's spiritual expression is just that -- "spiritual." Not "Biblical" or "Christian." No Biblical God is referenced here.
I would think that probably if the girl were born-again and taught the way of the Lord, she would still have artistic talent, but it would be very differently expressed...and to the glory of the God of the Bible.

RE: Child artist, New Age Christian (???) - YYZ Skinhead - 03-24-2010 02:21 PM

Sheep and Jenny, what both of you said about the creepy eyes and the Eye of Horus makes sense, since that "all-seeing eye" is used in so many occult and Pagan religions e.g. Islam and Freemasonry. Obviously the poor kid is channelling Satanic "energies"/"forces" (evil spirits). Some of those paintings remind me of LSD hallucinations.

I used to draw and paint Satanic stuff all the time, especially sketches of demons. I once drew a sketch of a horned bearded demon with vertically slitted eyes sitting in a lotus position. Years later I was unnerved to see the resemblance between my sketch and Eliphas Levi's Baphomet drawing, which anyone who has read a lot of Christian articles on Freemasonry will recognize.

RE: Child artist, New Age Christian (???) - Mary - 03-25-2010 06:41 AM

That sure is a lot of creepy stuff that you guys know! I didn't notice the eyes, and most people have one eye larger than the other. Still, there is something not right about all this girl is doing, nor about how she is being exploited.

Regarding the "Jesus" picture, the story of how it came about was self validating, and weird. We all know what the Bible says:
Exodus 20 vs 4-5
Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

Isaiah 53 vs 1-3
Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?
For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

So when Jesus was seen by people, he was plain, ordinary, unattractive even. This is not how this girl painted.

RE: Child artist, New Age Christian (???) - sheep wrecked - 03-25-2010 08:28 AM

(03-25-2010 06:41 AM)Mary Wrote:  That sure is a lot of creepy stuff that you guys know! I didn't notice the eyes, and most people have one eye larger than the other. Still, there is something not right about all this girl is doing, nor about how she is being exploited.

Regarding the "Jesus" picture, the story of how it came about was self validating, and weird. We all know what the Bible says:
Exodus 20 vs 4-5
Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

Isaiah 53 vs 1-3
Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?
For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

So when Jesus was seen by people, he was plain, ordinary, unattractive even. This is not how this girl painted.

I agree with you that artist's renderings of Jesus are bothersome. I have never really liked them. People get so hooked on how He looked that they miss who He is. The "thou shalt not make a graven image" text seems to refer to making idols and worshiping them. I don't think that everyone who does a portrait of Jesus is worshiping that, but some do. If God wanted us to know what Jesus looked like, He would have provided a way for us to know. Like so many things about Jesus that we don't know, is for a reason - because it is not important - like the date of His birth and the day of the week He was crucified.

When I looked at Akiane's portrait of Jesus, what struck me was the 2nd and third frame in the progression - His left eye was so black and malevolent in the beginnings of her painting that it gave me the shudders.

It seems to me that the importance of Jesus Christ is not the human details that seem to get people off track, but that He died for us and was resurrected as our Living Glorious Lord and Savior in whom we have forgiveness of sin and eternal life. Is that not enough?

I often wonder about that passage in Isa 53 because I think people get the idea that Jesus was an ugly man. I have a hard time with that. And perhaps that is "my problem". I tend to view it from the idea that because Jesus did not come as a magnificent King in all His glory -leaving His glory behind [reminds me of Phil 2], but as a common man and therefore had no beauty or "comeliness". Also, because of His suffering and His death on the cross, He was despised by both men [because of His "failure" to be the reigning Messiah against Rome] - and rejected of God in that He bore our sins, and that made Him unbearable to look at.

My little old 2c2

RE: Child artist, New Age Christian (???) - peteraugusts - 04-02-2010 11:38 PM

The whole god thing though paints this in a pale light. The website says that she had a spiritual experience at the age of 4 that brought the family to god. So her family all became religious at that time . Just because she says these talents are god inspired does not mean that they are. She could easily be painting images from her own image-based subconscious mind. She's an amazingly talented artist, and the energy of her work is breathtaking, but this is not divine. Her mother used to be an atheist but that's irrelevant considering that the mother is now religious. If her family had experienced something which brought them all to buddhism, hinduism, or into a new-age way of thinking then she would have been called an indigo. whether it's god, or a great light , or some engineer on another world it seems to me like there must be some kind of force that gives rise to such talent. i dare say this girl has my atheism spinning

RE: Child artist, New Age Christian (???) - God's Lamb - 10-28-2011 11:01 PM

If anything I think the drawings are New Age.....mixed with fantasy of a young girls mind. Gifted and talented.

I have a copy of a painting of Jesus near the Wailing Wall. It's beautiful. The woman who painted it had never drawn or painted in her life. A minister said, the Lord put it on his heart to give this woman a set of paints and canvess and she's been painting ever since. Some of her paintings hang in doctor's offices. All of her picture are of Jesus doing different things.

All our talents and gifts can be used by Satan if we are not walking in the spirit and under his Grace. I'm not looking for demons under every rock.....just those sitting on the rock that no one sees.

Take Care and God Bless <><

RE: Child artist, New Age Christian (???) - Vic - 10-31-2011 05:08 PM

(10-28-2011 11:01 PM)Gods Lamb Wrote:  If anything I think the drawings are New Age.....mixed with fantasy of a young girls mind. Gifted and talented.

I have a copy of a painting of Jesus near the Wailing Wall. It's beautiful. The woman who painted it had never drawn or painted in her life. A minister said, the Lord put it on his heart to give this woman a set of paints and canvess and she's been painting ever since. Some of her paintings hang in doctor's offices. All of her picture are of Jesus doing different things.

All our talents and gifts can be used by Satan if we are not walking in the spirit and under his Grace. I'm not looking for demons under every rock.....just those sitting on the rock that no one sees.

Take Care and God Bless <><

Hi Marie, I am curious. Does the Jesus she paints look like this?

Rev 1:13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.
Rev 1:14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;
Rev 1:15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.
Rev 1:16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

Rev 1:17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:
Rev 1:18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Rev 2:18 And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass;

Joh 20:25 The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe.
Joh 20:26 And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.
Joh 20:27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.
Joh 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

Joh 20:29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.
Joh 20:30 And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book:
Joh 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

The only other descriptions I can think of that we have of Jesus is found in these and a few other similar type references and it really is not a specific physical description, that I am aware of. We do know that He didn't have long hair, as Paul addressed that issue in Corinthians.

Isa 53:1 Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?
Isa 53:2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.
Isa 53:3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
Isa 53:4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
Isa 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
Isa 53:7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

Php 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
Php 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
Php 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself,
and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Rom 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: