SeekGod.ca Discussion Forum
Prayer request - Printable Version

+- SeekGod.ca Discussion Forum (http://www.seekgod.ca/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Prayer Requests and Praise (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Prayer request (/showthread.php?tid=723)

Prayer request - MBT - 11-11-2010 10:44 AM

Sorry I have not been around since last year but we have been super busy. I need prayer for my family as we are going through 2 suicides in the family in last 3 months. My son lost his 17 yr old cousin and this last week my wife lost her brother both to suicide. We have and will always be focused on the Gospel and witnessing to others but grief takes it's toll and I am concerned for the little ones in my family. Please pray that God would strengthen their faith and help us to reach out to the living that are still lost in our family.

Thanks,
Michael

RE: Prayer request - Mary - 11-11-2010 04:03 PM

You are being prayed for.

RE: Prayer request - Rose of Shushan - 11-12-2010 06:49 AM

So sorry for your losses MBT!!
will be praying for you and all your family,that God may strengthen them and draw them closer to Himself and our Lord Jesus Christ.

RE: Prayer request - MBT - 11-12-2010 09:20 AM

Thank you for taking the time. We are doing much better. I just need to jump in the conversations here a little more. I get lost in all of my work. I think this event will open the eyes of our doubting family members. Many of them have lost their ability to be able to define who God is and what sin is and where it came from. Many of my family are scientists and teachers and just see the Bible as poetry. Witnessing to Mormons is easy compared to witnessing to my family. So, please include us in your prayers.

RE: Prayer request - Vic - 11-12-2010 11:38 AM

Sendprys

RE: Prayer request - sheep wrecked - 11-12-2010 12:28 PM

(11-12-2010 09:20 AM)MBT Wrote:  Thank you for taking the time. We are doing much better. I just need to jump in the conversations here a little more. I get lost in all of my work. I think this event will open the eyes of our doubting family members. Many of them have lost their ability to be able to define who God is and what sin is and where it came from. Many of my family are scientists and teachers and just see the Bible as poetry. Witnessing to Mormons is easy compared to witnessing to my family. So, please include us in your prayers.

2-NEW-grouphug02

Praying for you Michael and your family. We also pray that our forum can be a source of encouragement as well as information to help in your journey. May God be a comfort to you in the loss of your loved ones.

RE: Prayer request - Mary - 12-14-2010 03:40 PM

(11-12-2010 09:20 AM)MBT Wrote:  Thank you for taking the time. We are doing much better. I just need to jump in the conversations here a little more. I get lost in all of my work. I think this event will open the eyes of our doubting family members. Many of them have lost their ability to be able to define who God is and what sin is and where it came from. Many of my family are scientists and teachers and just see the Bible as poetry. Witnessing to Mormons is easy compared to witnessing to my family. So, please include us in your prayers.

It's been a little while. I will be praying for you again today. How are you doing?

RE: Prayer request - MBT - 12-14-2010 07:27 PM

It has been rough. My wife is very strong in the Lord so she is dealing with it well but some of her family are not and they need your prayers. Some of them need the Lord Jesus Christ in their Life. The kids are doing great. I keep them focused on HS work. We have many discussions about what happened and they are wise beyond their years with the answers they give. We are going to try a different type of present for Christmas this year in that we are not going to send regular stuff. We went to Hobby Lobby and bought a couple of nice scrapbooks and we are going to send them around to all of our family members in (6 different states) and have each member add a photo, story, drawing, thought etc... whatever they want to add (Fun Stuff). When one member of the family is finished they will simply ship it off to the next person on the list. Their is a lack of communication in our extended family that needs to be fixed and now everyone will be able to get involved. Once the book has gone around for several months I will get it back and photograph and scan the pages and build a Blurb (self-published, hardcover) fancy book. Each member of the family will receive a Blurb book of the original. The fact that you're still thinking of us Mary makes me very happy. Thank you! If you have any suggestions for what we should put in the book feel free to share. I would love to hear your thoughts.

RE: Prayer request - Mary - 12-16-2010 03:31 PM

what a great idea! I have no suggestions - it will be exciting to for you to see what everyone in your extended family comes up with! God Bless you Smile