SeekGod.ca Discussion Forum
Mark of the Beast - The Great Counterfeit - Printable Version

+- SeekGod.ca Discussion Forum (http://www.seekgod.ca/forum)
+-- Forum: The Endtimes (/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+--- Forum: A Third Temple, Sacrifices and Believers (/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: Mark of the Beast - The Great Counterfeit (/showthread.php?tid=771)

Mark of the Beast - The Great Counterfeit - Little Guy in the Eye - 02-27-2011 06:13 AM

Years ago I believe the Most High led me to study the subject of the mark of the beast in greater depth. As I began to study the topic from the Scriptures I realized that the mark of the beast subject ran all throughout the Holy Scriptures and was not relegated to just
the book of Revelation. It is one of the main themes of Scripture. By letting the Scriptures define the mark of the beast, it is seen that it is a counterfeit of the mark/seal of YHWH. I realized that one of the most important ideas put forth in the Word is that the adversary/devil/Lucifer/Beelzebub etc. seeks to be like the Most High (Isaiah 14:14). He is a counterfeiter. As this became more clear to me, the subject of the mark of the beast became more clear as well.

I began this study by looking into Revelation 13:16-18 in more detail in the Greek and tracing the Greek back to Hebrew as well as thematic connections found in Scripture. From there I followed what I found and continued to follow the subject matter that was laid
out from thereon out. I attempted not to interject my own preconceived notions as to what the mark was, but to truly let the Scriptures/Holy Spirit be my guide.

In short, the mark of YHWH is His Word. His Messiah. His people will be marked with His mark. The mark of the adversary is his 'word.' His Messiah. His people will be marked with his mark which will be an counterfeit version of the mark of YHWH. The mark of YHWH is His 'Image.' The mark of the beast is his 'image.' Man must choose which side he wants to be on. This has been the choice ever since the garden, the tree of Life or the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

The mark of the beast is a replay of the deception in the Garden of Eden. The Scriptures state that the end is in the beginning (Isaiah 46:10). The first temptation of man will also be his last. The tree of knowledge was an offer by the adversary for man to reject
the true Word and to obtain immortality (ye shall not die) via another method, the obtaining of knowledge. This has been the offer of the adversary ever since. If one looks into any religion in the world today he or she will find that this is the same lie being proposed in various forms. All of these religions trace back to the Mystery Religions of old which descend from the Garden and the serpent in the tree. This includes Christianity, Judaism & Islam. The symbols used to represent these religions tell the story.

In summary, the mark of the beast is his image, his name/character placed upon his followers. Just as believers in YHWH are marked/sealed with His Name & will be formed into His Image. The first choice man had to make was between the tree of Life or the tree of knowledge of good and evil. This will be the last choice
man must face as well.

By allowing Scripture to define what the mark of YHWH is and what the mark of the beast is, and by following the facts through history one can see that there has only been two choices all along. Salvation by grace through faith in Messiah Yahshua or salvation by 'works' or 'knowledge' that must be attained by graduations after being initiated.

In the beginning, YHWH Elohim created man in His image and likeness. After man fell in the Garden, the promise was that He would restore man back to that estate by taking upon Himself the punishment for man's sin. It is then that mankind will be restored to the image and likeness of the Most High. The adversary seeks to
be like the Most High so his desire is to see mankind formed into his image and likeness. In the end this may be accomplished by corrupting the book of life which is DNA.

RE: Mark of the Beast - The Great Counterfeit - Mary - 02-27-2011 08:16 AM

I think this needs time for a prayerfully considered response. You have posted a lot, and people may take what you have said at face value because it is so much, and has a lot of appealing headlines as well as the excitement of revealing the esoteric.

We can trust in His Word to make things clear. We also do not me afraid of mysteries and cults, witchcraft and other mystical things - we don't even have to get all excited about them because we can trust in our Lord and depend on his understanding (Prov 3 vs 5). He knows his sheep by name, and we are safe with Him.

RE: Mark of the Beast - The Great Counterfeit - Little Guy in the Eye - 02-27-2011 08:33 AM

(02-27-2011 08:16 AM)Mary Wrote:  I think this needs time for a prayerfully considered response. You have posted a lot, and people may take what you have said at face value because it is so much, and has a lot of appealing headlines as well as the excitement of revealing the esoteric.

We can trust in His Word to make things clear. We also do not me afraid of mysteries and cults, witchcraft and other mystical things - we don't even have to get all excited about them because we can trust in our Lord and depend on his understanding (Prov 3 vs 5). He knows his sheep by name, and we are safe with Him.

I agree. We are to test things (1John 4:1) and then make a wise choice based upon the guidance of the Most High. It is foolish to take things at face value (Proverbs 18:13).

Indeed, the most important thing is understanding His Word and a relationship with Him. He will deliver us from all evil so we need not fear anything.

My main objective in sharing the study is to warn fellow believers that the devil tries to counterfeit what the Bible says. It is SO important that we rely not on sermons and teachings of men in regards to the Bible because this is how the adversary deceives us. We must go to the Word and allow the Holy Spirit to teach us. If we do this then if we are in error He will guide us out of it. If we rely on men then we will continue in that error.

I debated about sharing the esoteric things because I balked at studying them at first until finally I realized that the Father was guiding me into that direction. All of human history points to the Bible. That includes the false religions. The mystery religions tell the same story as the Bible but in a corrupted way. When one sees that these mysteries are in reality derived from the Bible then one is less likely to be led astray from things like the DaVinci Code. A faithful believer would not fall for such things but the Scriptures speak of the beast wearing out the saints. This is done by a bombardment of deception and persecution. My intent is to give the saints some 'ammo' to fight back against him.

RE: Mark of the Beast - The Great Counterfeit - YYZ Skinhead - 02-27-2011 12:25 PM

Greets Little Guy in the Eye,

Everyone is welcome, but there are some "protocol" rules for newbies on this forum because it tends to get flooded with spammers and agenda pushers. Read this section: http://www.seekgod.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=28

and post an intro here: http://www.seekgod.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=17

Looking forward to dialoguing with you. I love the Helix Nebula too.

RE: Mark of the Beast - The Great Counterfeit - Vic - 02-27-2011 12:37 PM

Hi Guy,

You said that,
Quote:I began this study by looking into Revelation 13:16-18 in more detail in the Greek and tracing the Greek back to Hebrew as well as thematic connections found in Scripture.

What I noticed was you said you traced the Greek back to the Hebrew. Guy, the NT was written in Koine Greek, the language of commerce, not Hebrew. There have been Hebrew translations from the Greek, but it was not written in Hebrew to begin with. There are no original Hebrew manuscripts, so to take the Greek back to Hebrew is unnecessary and will lead to error in understanding.

Second, thematics is referring to bible codes which is all based on gematria of the kabbalah. That means it's the occult. It's used to try to find 'the hidden meanings' of Scripture. The kabbalist gematria cannot be applied to the Greek because it was always based on the Hebrew alphabet, and could never be applied to the NT. That's aside from the obvious issues.

You can read a bit about bible codes and thematics and kabbalah and gematria here >
http://www.seekgod.ca/bradscott3.htm
http://www.seekgod.ca/embracinition.htm
and http://www.seekgod.ca/literalkab.htm

from > Literal Kabbalah: Gematria and Numerology, the web site of Theomatics provides these insights into Bible codes and it's various names. Theomatics suggests that ELS is not gematria.

"Presently, there are two types of Bible codes. One is the ELS evidence (Equi-distant Letter Sequences), also known as "Torah Codes."

The other kind of code is "theomatics." The foundational basis for theomatics has been known for thousands of years, ever since the time before Christ. It is commonly referred to by the term gematria. It was in 1975 that this original code in the Bible ~ known for thousands of years but never deciphered ~ began to reveal itself ..." 61

Isaiah 48:16 "Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning..."
http://www.seekgod.ca/literalkab.htm

If you do a search on the forum you will find thematics, gematria, kabbalah, bible codes, etc discussed and refuted. There are no hidden things to search after. Our understanding of Scriptures comes from the Holy Spirit.

Deu 29:29 The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law.

Neh 9:13 Thou camest down also upon mount Sinai, and spakest with them from heaven, and gavest them right judgments, and true laws, good statutes and commandments:
Neh 9:14 And madest known unto them thy holy sabbath, and commandedst them precepts, statutes, and laws, by the hand of Moses thy servant:

1 Corinthians 2:9-14 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. 10. But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. 11. For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. 12. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. 13. Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14. But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Also, some of what you are suggesting might parallel what I have researched in the Occult Inroads: Symbolism > http://www.seekgod.ca/topicsymbols.htm#inroads

And also Taking the Name, the Mark, & the Number http://www.seekgod.ca/topicsymbols.htm#taking