introduction
01-21-2012, 09:58 AM
Music introduction
Hello , My name is Tom Really nice to see a site like this .I have been saved a number of years and know that the idea of christians needing to follow the torah and keep the Law with all its facets has been around since Acts chapter 15 . But it wasnt until last year ,when a christian acquintance asked me to an old testament bible study, that I found out this belief system was still here ! Well it Sounded great ,I love the old testament , so I went.But heres the rub , it wasnt that at all , it was a messianic group of mostly ex -baptist . I love baptist (just to let u know). The thing that got me was I did not know what they really were until several times going to their meetings . Did figure it out soon enough , and it was amazing ,actually a shock . Had a good time for awhile as I kept asking questions and blurting out such things as; were do u get that or thats not right ! So I needed some R&R ,left and found Seek God . Thank God! It did one thing for me , it got me into the word more than ever . We are to "earnestly" contend for the faith "Jude 1:3" Thats what I want to do . Tom
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-21-2012, 04:21 PM
RE: introduction
Hi Tom 031

Before I was led to this site I was reading a lot of Hebrew roots sites.They can be very convincing,so it is important for us to read God's Word for ourselves and not to just trust what others say.
I'm glad that you didn't get stuck in that trap for long,praise God.
I pray that God will lead you and us in His will and His ways and that He would continue to open our understanding. 7067

Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.(2John 1:9)
01-21-2012, 07:35 PM
Hi Tom, Smiley-greet013

Glad you were able to join the forum and hope as you learn to use the system you will find it much easier to post.

Thank you for sharing and look forward to more discussions with you. It's always been about Christ and proving what we believe to His Word. Praise God He is so faithful.

Vic
SeekGod.ca

3John 1:4 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.
Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-21-2012, 08:47 PM (This post was last modified: 01-21-2012 09:02 PM by so loved.)
Thanks Vic ! Hope I can be of benefit to those seeking God !
Also , thank you Lois . But ya know ,I really think it was just the other way around . They got traped with me !They were glad I left, I am sure. Actually the leader was the one glad , cause I was starting to bring doubt about what he was teaching .
01-22-2012, 10:38 AM
Hi so loved!.
welcome to the forum Wave
Glad you found us and looking forward to what you have to share Smile
01-22-2012, 11:14 PM
Thanks Rose . Dont know, just have this hankering for the Truth. Seems it sets one free ! Hallelujah ! I am not a prolific writer , but if the Spirit movies , well, hopefully I will oblige .
02-08-2012, 04:11 PM
(01-21-2012 08:47 PM)so loved Wrote:  "They were glad I left, I am sure. Actually the leader was the one glad , cause I was starting to bring doubt about what he was teaching ."

Hi Tom;
I can SO relate to that! We had to backtrack out of it as well, and I was always in touble asking where did you find that? "The Sages..."
Swoon
02-08-2012, 09:47 PM
Dee Hay ,
Yes ,the sages (leaders) , always the leaders ! Christ is the leader !
The thing I could not figure was their insistance that the early church body meet in synagogues .This was to make their point that there was a smooth transfer of christainity with Judiaism . This was not what I was brought up to believe ,nor was there any evidence of it . They (The early church) meet in various homes . Acts 1:13 ,Acts 20:20 ,Romans 16:5 , 1 Corinthians 16:19 ,Colssians 4:15 , Philemon 1:2 . They did not meet with the Jews in their synagogues then , just as we would not today . The H. R. people are trying to make a connection there and its not going to fly.
Their saying if we were part of the synagogues back then , and following the Law of Moses , we should get back to "our roots" as christian/Jew . This is not what I see in the scriptures ! I see we are a new creation ! Like Adam eccept new .Jesus is called the "second Adam" in Romans .Wonder why ? Its a great clue !
This is of coarse just one of many things they were peddling and I was not buying !