Trinity, Oneness and The Persons of the Godhead
08-01-2009, 11:53 AM
RE: Trinity, Oneness and The Persons of the Godhead
(08-01-2009 08:30 AM)Mark Wrote:  Thanks Vic,

Yes, it is helping. I am still a little slow at understanding some of it. I guess its due largely to the teachings if the Oneness doctrine. I understand that Jesus was God. I understand the divinity of Christ. I understand Christ was God's Son.
Let me ask this way. Did God die on the cross and get raised again? God is Spirit, right? Was in Jesus' human, physical form that died? When scripture talks of Christ being dead and God raising him, was he raising himself? Again, sorry for being a bit behind on these things. Thanks for all of your help. I am learning a great deal.

Glad it's helping, Mark. The most important thing is that you understand from the Scriptures, because that is God giving the understanding.

Jesus who is God manifest in the flesh, physically died on the cross. Remember the verse:

1 Corinthians 15:45-50 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit. 46. Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual. 47. The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven. 48. As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly. 49. And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly. 50. Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

Remember Jesus was fully man and fully God. The flesh could die physically--but the Spirit is eternal.

In the verses following we see the comparison of God raising Jesus and Jesus raising Himself. More proof that He is God manifest in the flesh. And we know that corruption cannot enter heaven. So when Christ rose---He rose bodily, and why the empty tomb --the corruptible flesh changed to incorruption. Christ rose from the dead, and His is in heaven. Just as He was changed where the flesh was no longer corruptible, we too that know Him will be changed.47b20s0

Here's the verse showing the interchangeableness of Jesus being raised up by God, and Jesus raising Himself, and similar.
Th_ththink

Act 2:24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.

Act 2:32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Act 3:15 And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses.

Act 3:26 Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

John 2:19-22 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. 20. Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days? 21. But he spake of the temple of his body. 22. When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.

Luk 24:46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:

Joh 10:15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep. ...
Joh 10:17 Therefore does my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.
Joh 10:18 No man takes it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

1Jn 3:16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

Joh 19:11 Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.

Romans 4:24-25 But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead; 25. Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

Romans 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life...Rom 6:9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.
Rom 6:10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.

Romans 8:9-11 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. 10. And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. 11. But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Luk 1:67 Now his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Spirit, and prophesied, saying: 68 Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people,

1 John 5:11 And this is the record, that **God hath given to us eternal life**, and this life is in his Son. 12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

Tit 1:2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

Heb 5:8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;
Heb 5:9 And being made perfect, **he became the author of eternal salvation** unto all them that obey him;
Heb 5:10 Called of God an high priest after the order of Melchisedec.

John 10:27-28 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 28. And **I give unto them eternal life;** and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand

29. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to **pluck them out of my Father's hand.** 30. I and my Father are one.

Col 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. 9 For in him dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily.

Col 2:12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

1Pe 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:
1Pe 3:19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. ...15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

Take your time with these verses. There are more. But consider them carefully and prayerfully and allow God to give you the understainding.

Vic
SeekGod.ca

3John 1:4 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.
Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trinity, Oneness and The Persons of the Godhead - strefanash - 01-11-2009, 09:07 PM
RE: Trinity, Oneness and The Persons of the Godhead - strefanash - 01-11-2009, 10:18 PM
RE: Trinity, Oneness and The Persons of the Godhead - strefanash - 01-16-2009, 08:34 PM
RE: Trinity, Oneness and The Persons of the Godhead - strefanash - 01-17-2009, 12:09 AM
RE: Trinity, Oneness and The Persons of the Godhead - Vic - 08-01-2009 11:53 AM