Mark 9:19-29
08-24-2009, 01:54 PM
RE: Mark 9:19-29
(08-23-2009 06:31 AM)Mary Wrote:  Mark 9 : 18 : "...and I spake to thy disciples that they should cast him out; and they could not. He answereth him, and saith, O faithless generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you?"

Was Jesus upset because the disciples had not called on Him? Is this what Jesus was saying when he told them that the demon could only be expelled with prayer and fasting? Jesus knew their hearts - it seems that the disciples may have been trying to get rid of the demon in their own power and not Jesus' power.

Th_goodpoint I agree. Because it's about allowing Christ to work through each of us. It almost seems like maybe they got caught up in trying, instead of trusting and believing where the power came from to cast out demons. By telling them it was by fasting and prayer---the focus was to be on seeking God's will and His purposes, with full dependence on Him to do whatever.Which they later learned completely. 6788

Heb 2:3 How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him;
Heb 2:4 God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will?

Vic
SeekGod.ca

3John 1:4 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.
Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Mark 9:19-29 - Vic - 08-05-2009, 07:20 PM
RE: Mark 9:19-29 - Mary - 08-23-2009, 06:31 AM
RE: Mark 9:19-29 - Vic - 08-24-2009 01:54 PM