Dealing with loss and grief and living with peace and joy
02-17-2012, 01:26 AM
RE: Dealing with loss and grief and living with peace and joy
Job 5:7: Yet man is born unto trouble, as the sparks fly upward.

It seems to me that when suffering pain, grief, fear and so on, memory is also severely affected. I forget that God is before me and behind me. I forget that He is holding me up with his His right hand holding my right hand, therefore he is face to face with me. I forget that time is different to God, so He is never late.Today I heard a man describe his experience of the Santiago earthquake. He said that as first one wall then another crashed into him, he realised he was being beaten up by a building. It seemed to take a very long time, but afterwards he was told it took only 40 seconds. He was so afraid, time was stretched out for him So, when we are troubled time gets stretched, and waiting for God to respond to our pleas and prayers is really difficult. I will try to remember that although the trouble seems to be lasting a long time, God has it under control.

I have been reading Psalm 18 with my 9 year old, and have been struck by the imagery David uses of God, breathing fire and smoke, zooming down on an angel to save his beloved from trouble. At the moment we are facing a difficult situation, and like all of you, and many others, we have gone through loss and grief and sorrow. Praise God for His comfort, which includes the comfort of sharing with brothers and sisters in Christ.

Phillipians 4:23 "The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dealing with loss and grief and living with peace and joy - Mary - 02-17-2012 01:26 AM