It's often helpful, particularly when discussing things online, to know a little bit about someone's background/beliefs, so I'll try to give you a summary. I hope that many of my views will mature with time & as I learn new things, so feel free to offer suggestions or ask for clarifications.
To start with, according to Wikipedia, "Solo Christo" means "by Christ alone", which is something I see as central to my faith.
Labels are sometimes helpful to summarise a position, although at other times they can be unhelpful as people can make assumptions & put people in boxes without engaging. Anyway, I'll take the risk and describe myself as an Evangelical Universalist
. Below is what I gave my church to help them understand what I mean by that:
There are many forms of Universalism, however, below I am describing the form I hold. I was asked not to include the justifications here, as that would make it way too long, however, feel free to ask me anytime
- God- I believe the Trinity is the best description of the one true God, revealed throughout the Bible. I believe God is infinitely & perfectly loving, merciful, holy, glorious, wise, powerful, knowing & just. I believe God deserves all (heart, mind & body) our praise and worship.
- Christ Jesus- I believe in the incarnation, the physical birth, death, resurrection, & ascension of Jesus of Nazareth, about 2000 years ago.
- The Bible- I believe the Bible was intentionally created by God & man, that it has been well preserved, and when read in it's original languages and rightly understood by the power of the Holy Spirit, is authoritative in both matters of faith & practice.
- Sin- I believe any opposition to God is sin. I believe everyone, from Adam onwards, (except Christ) has sinned. I believe sin taints and affects every aspect of our lives. I believe we need God to free us from slavery to sin. I believe sin deserves punishment. I believe God has the desire & ability to rid the universe of sin.
- Judgement- I believe God will Judge and that some will go to eternal life & others to a place of God’s punishment.
- Salvation- I believe Christ is the only Saviour, that salvation is a gift of grace, received by repentance & faith (with the Spirit's help), and that it can not be earned.
- Missional- I believe God wants us to be actively involved in reconciling people to God, through our love & prayer for others and the proclamation of the Gospel.
- Ecumenical Councils & Early Creeds- I have a high regard for them, however, like most Protestants, I don’t believe they are infallible, and disagree with some points. e.g. veneration of icons. I believe EU complies with them and therefore remains within the bounds of orthodox Christian faith.
- The Scope of God’s Intertrinitarian Love- I believe God loves everyone, as a Father loves their child, even those He punishes in order to bring about repentance (by the Holy Spirit's help).
- Postmortem Repentance and Salvation through Christ- I believe that those who go to Hell after Judgement Day, will eventually (by the Holy Spirit's help) come to repentance and salvation through faith in Christ.
- The Translation of "Aionios"- I think it should generally be translated as "ancient", "lasting", "beyond sight", or "of/in the eon", not "eternal/everlasting/forever"- however for many other reasons/verses, I still believe God is eternal and so is life with Him.