Don Harris
07-04-2009, 06:14 PM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2009 03:06 PM by sheep wrecked.)
Don Harris
[mod note: Don Harris' website is thinkredink. I have disabled the hot link]

Start your discussion here.

Mat 10:34 "Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2009, 03:29 PM
RE: Don Harris
Don Harris was heavily connected with Michael Rood for many years, and traveled with him. He and his wife Pam supported Rood, and when the organisation split into two groups, one headed by Jamie Louis and one by Rood, Don Harris became CEO of the new organisation. Pam was on the the corp. registration, and were also directors.

It wasn't long after, that Don and Pam resigned from Rood's organisation and distanced themselves in 2007. See:

http://www.seekgod.ca/roodbreakup.htm

According to his website bio, which neglects to mention his long time association with Michael Rood and the CEO position, the Harris's have spent their lives living in a motorhome since the late 80's and travel extensively. Claiming to be a pastor of an interdenominational fellowships and a home for youth started by his step dad Aubrey Sara, he's been part of most denominations.. Eyerub

Harris produces "Christian" radio programs, Friend of the Family, Questions of Jesus, and Red Letter Edition Live! Hebrew Roots is not "Christian". No Its a mishmash of bits of Christianity and Rabbinic Judaism to form a new belief system--which fails miserably. People either end up rejecting Christ and the NT to follow this junk theology and or turn to Judaism completely.

They claim to keep "the true 7th day Sabbath and the Feasts of the LORD," and believe that "a life lived lacking these essential elements could never be wholly acceptable to Jehovah. The revelation and rediscovery of the Feasts, Sabbath and the contemporary significance of Torah, has set their lives on a new course." 6902 http://www.thinkredink.com/About/index.htm..

Don Harris teaches the same spiel as Rood and others in HR. He also teaches the Second Exodus as the proper interpretation of and instead of a rapture. And implies that people need to be able to hear a voice---that what is needed to get one through the tribulation is not the Scriptures --but what the voice will tell you and select prophet[s]. This is like the teachings of Two House advocate and proven false prophet Monte Judah.
Smack

Vic
SeekGod.ca

3John 1:4 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.
Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
07-07-2009, 10:52 PM
(07-07-2009 03:29 PM)Vic Wrote:  Don Harris was heavily connected with Michael Rood for many years, and traveled with him. He and his wife Pam supported Rood, and when the organisation split into two groups, one headed by Jamie Louis and one by Rood, Don Harris became CEO of the new organisation. Pam was on the the corp. registration, and were also directors.

It wasn't long after, that Don and Pam resigned from Rood's organisation and distanced themselves in 2007. See:

http://www.seekgod.ca/roodbreakup.htm

According to his website bio, which neglects to mention his long time association with Michael Rood and the CEO position, the Harris's have spent their lives living in a motorhome since the late 80's and travel extensively. Claiming to be a pastor of an interdenominational fellowships and a home for youth started by his step dad Aubrey Sara, he's been part of most denominations.. Eyerub

Harris produces "Christian" radio programs, Friend of the Family, Questions of Jesus, and Red Letter Edition Live! Hebrew Roots is not "Christian". No Its a mishmash of bits of Christianity and Rabbinic Judaism to form a new belief system--which fails miserably. People either end up rejecting Christ and the NT to follow this junk theology and or turn to Judaism completely.

They claim to keep "the true 7th day Sabbath and the Feasts of the LORD," and believe that "a life lived lacking these essential elements could never be wholly acceptable to Jehovah. The revelation and rediscovery of the Feasts, Sabbath and the contemporary significance of Torah, has set their lives on a new course." 6902 http://www.thinkredink.com/About/index.htm..

Don Harris teaches the same spiel as Rood and others in HR. He also teaches the Second Exodus as the proper interpretation of and instead of a rapture. And implies that people need to be able to hear a voice---that what is needed to get one through the tribulation is not the Scriptures --but what the voice will tell you and select prophet[s]. This is like the teachings of Two House advocate and proven false prophet Monte Judah.
Smack

Thanks for the response. I am seeing him mentioned more and more but had no real information to go on.

Mat 10:34 "Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword.
07-08-2009, 05:07 PM
And implies that people need to be able to hear a voice---that what is needed to get one through the tribulation is not the Scriptures -

Stref:

If all that is needed to get any of us through anything is only information then the scriptures are totally sufficient, but to make a dichotomy between voice and scriptures, toeither reject scripture as the extremist charismaniac or to reject voice as thopse who react against this do , is IMO a deadly and false dichotomy, for though the Bible is our final authority as regards matters of knowledge yet knowledge is not enough, lest we become gnostic in our approach to knowledge, and lest it was the Bible, now become the centre and the object of our worship, that was crucified for us ans rose on the third day. For how can knowledge itself persuade us who being carnal minded, as is shown by our fruit, will reject and resist this knowledge even thought we are born again

I might know what to do in situations of trouble, but then St Paul in the depths of Romans chapter 7 knew what to do. But he couldnt do it and neither can I.

I hold that grace CANNOT be some kind of reified energy that enables me to act after I have resolved to do x or y, for this neglects the issue of to make the choice in the first place. scripture says he is at work in us to WILL as well as to do his will. And how is this done? Either by turning scripture into a magical tome thus rendering bible reading a sacrament, or by the voice of the holy spirit personally comforting me and personally persuading me to repent where the dead letter of scripture can only condemn me by speaking truth i cannot possibly, being carnal, believe.

this is my experience, it is my testimony, that the Voice you seem to dead set on rejecting on principle has in fact intervened in my life and is leading me to overcome this unbelief by leading me to repent of it in peace without regret

OF course the scriptures are crucial for helping us recognise the voice, but scripture without the voice is in fact scripture denied and defied. For the book is about the Spirit who speaks directly to men, and not about itself

It is my utterly serious contention that to reject the voice because of the multutide of false voices that are indisputably real is to quench the spirit and to be in a position of backsliding.

I know from experience the if the voice experiences is the voice of the Holy Spirit of Christ then he will NEVER contradict the Bible.

The thing then is to learn to recognize which spirit voice is speaking, not to reject them all

I am increasingly confident that the Voice who speaks to me daily is that of Christ Jesus. Will I reject it? If I do I will quench the Spirit, be left with only unkeepable law to keep because the energy source that is misdefined as grace cannot possibly exist, and, as OSAS is false, fallaway to perdition.

And if this produces and angry reaction then I will know i am on the wrong site. If you want to make life a vale of tears, hard, tough and ultimately unfilfulled, be my guest, but as i can no longer follow the standard religious outlook that is preached even in the socalled bible honouring churches, I cast my lot in with this Voice who preaches mercy forgivenss righteousness and the cross.

If you deny that any voice can indeed preach these things then why are we required to test the spirits when it is clear from your position that all spirits are to be rejected anyway and not to be tested at all, for i take the word "spirits" used here literally
Find all posts by this user
07-13-2009, 06:14 PM
(07-08-2009 05:07 PM)Strefanash Wrote:  And implies that people need to be able to hear a voice---that what is needed to get one through the tribulation is not the Scriptures -

Stref:

If all that is needed to get any of us through anything is only information then the scriptures are totally sufficient, but to make a dichotomy between voice and scriptures, toeither reject scripture as the extremist charismaniac or to reject voice as thopse who react against this do , is IMO a deadly and false dichotomy, for though the Bible is our final authority as regards matters of knowledge yet knowledge is not enough, lest we become gnostic in our approach to knowledge, and lest it was the Bible, now become the centre and the object of our worship, that was crucified for us ans rose on the third day. For how can knowledge itself persuade us who being carnal minded, as is shown by our fruit, will reject and resist this knowledge even thought we are born again

I might know what to do in situations of trouble, but then St Paul in the depths of Romans chapter 7 knew what to do. But he couldnt do it and neither can I.

I hold that grace CANNOT be some kind of reified energy that enables me to act after I have resolved to do x or y, for this neglects the issue of to make the choice in the first place. scripture says he is at work in us to WILL as well as to do his will. And how is this done? Either by turning scripture into a magical tome thus rendering bible reading a sacrament, or by the voice of the holy spirit personally comforting me and personally persuading me to repent where the dead letter of scripture can only condemn me by speaking truth i cannot possibly, being carnal, believe.

this is my experience, it is my testimony, that the Voice you seem to dead set on rejecting on principle has in fact intervened in my life and is leading me to overcome this unbelief by leading me to repent of it in peace without regret

OF course the scriptures are crucial for helping us recognise the voice, but scripture without the voice is in fact scripture denied and defied. For the book is about the Spirit who speaks directly to men, and not about itself

It is my utterly serious contention that to reject the voice because of the multutide of false voices that are indisputably real is to quench the spirit and to be in a position of backsliding.

I know from experience the if the voice experiences is the voice of the Holy Spirit of Christ then he will NEVER contradict the Bible.

The thing then is to learn to recognize which spirit voice is speaking, not to reject them all

I am increasingly confident that the Voice who speaks to me daily is that of Christ Jesus. Will I reject it? If I do I will quench the Spirit, be left with only unkeepable law to keep because the energy source that is misdefined as grace cannot possibly exist, and, as OSAS is false, fallaway to perdition.

And if this produces and angry reaction then I will know i am on the wrong site. If you want to make life a vale of tears, hard, tough and ultimately unfilfulled, be my guest, but as i can no longer follow the standard religious outlook that is preached even in the socalled bible honouring churches, I cast my lot in with this Voice who preaches mercy forgivenss righteousness and the cross.

If you deny that any voice can indeed preach these things then why are we required to test the spirits when it is clear from your position that all spirits are to be rejected anyway and not to be tested at all, for i take the word "spirits" used here literally

Stref, this was talking about the false teaching of HR. Don Harris was teaching the same spiel as proven false prophet Monte Judah. Both are Two House---false doctrine. Many refer to Monte Judah as the "moses of america" believing he is the one to be listened to and followed in the "second exodus". People are selling everything and moving to live right near him so they can leave when he gets "the word" to move out. It's junk doctrine. Snapoutofit

Those who do not prove what these people are teaching to the Word of God aka the Scriptures are following false teachings. Icon_runforhills

People claim to hear a voice or many voices. If it does not line up to the Word of God---It is FALSE. 7863

The Scriptures are a closed canon for that reason--so we would have a more sure way of knowing what is right before God. And God can, does and will use HIs Word to reveal what we need to know. The Word--aka Scriptures is the Sword of the Spirit. We are REQUIRED to use it, to be armed with it.
Fyi

Ephesians 6:14-18 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; 15. And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16. Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. 17. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: 18. Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

Why be wielding the Word?

Eph 6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 15249

Can God speak to people. Of course. Scripture proves it Stref. I say again--Scripture proves it. 15274 But those Scriptures also show that the Word does not violate the Word. It's that simple. 13666

Precept upon precept Stref. Not voice upon voice. Trying the spirits means making sure that ONLY the Holy Spirit is what a person has in them and that is what you are obtaining information from. Or that doctrine comes from the Holy Spirit--which can be proven to the Word of God. It's not a guessing game.

There are "doctrines of devils" or demons-plural-and seducing spirits-plural- hence the need to try the spirits to see if they are of God.

1Ti 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; 2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

1Jn 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

There is only one Holy Spirit. All that know Jesus Christ have that same Holy Spirit. There aren't a bunch of variations of spirits of God. One body, one Spirit, one baptism.

1Co 6:17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

1 Corinthians 12:12-13 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. 13. For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Ephesians 2:18-22 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father. 19. Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; 20. And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; 21. In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: 22. In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Ephesians 4:3-7 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. 4. There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; 5. One Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6. One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all. 7. But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.

Php 1:27 Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel;

The Spirit speaks through the Scriptures and gives understanding of those things. Without it, we cannot know or understand the things of God, that He has freely given us through His Spirit. It's how we grow in Christ. Knowing the Word is how we know if we are hearing truth or error. If we don't know the Word--we won't recognise deception and error. Th_57cb9f3e

2 Timothy 3:13-17 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived. 14. But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them; 15. And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17. That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Psalms 119:11-12 Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. 12. Blessed art thou, O LORD: teach me thy statutes.

Psalms 119:15-16 I will meditate in thy precepts, and have respect unto thy ways. 16. I will delight myself in thy statutes: I will not forget thy word.

Psalms 119:40-42 Behold, I have longed after thy precepts: quicken me in thy righteousness. 41. VAU. Let thy mercies come also unto me, O LORD, even thy salvation, according to thy word. 42. So shall I have wherewith to answer him that reproacheth me: for I trust in thy word.

Psalms 119:103-105 How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth! 104. Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105. NUN. Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Readbible

Vic
SeekGod.ca

Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
07-13-2009, 07:11 PM (This post was last modified: 07-13-2009 07:49 PM by Vic.)
(07-13-2009 06:14 PM)Vic Wrote:  ...edited by Vic

There are at least 5000 Christian denominations. Each one claims to have the true "ONe Spirit," what # spirit you have?

BTW, I never heard of this Harris guy.
07-13-2009, 07:41 PM
(07-13-2009 07:11 PM)galilee Wrote:  There are at least 5000 Christian denominations. Each one claims to have the true "ONe Spirit," what # spirit you have?

Don Harris is part of the Messianic and Hebrew Roots movement in which former Christians follow the Law of Moses rather than Christ. Although they insist that they are believers in Messiah [they refuse to call Him Christ], many of them denigrate Christianity as a pagan system. This leaves them following Torah with an amazing amount of false teachings that are pretty much based in Talmudic Judaism Swoon

I don't think the NT is about denominations. The NT is about Christ crucified and resurrected 47b20s0

We are told that the Bible is our Authority, not church affiliation. There are lots of denominations because it was written that many teachers and prophets would go among the flock as wolves. Because so many Christians are not grounded in the Word of God, deception is rampant Reaction

The Gospel is very simple and easy to comprehend. It's when man gets his hands on the Word of God that things fall apart rather quickly - hence 5,000+ denominations and multiple cults which also consider themselves "Christian" 6839LightningTh_thlies
07-13-2009, 07:52 PM
(07-13-2009 07:41 PM)sheep wrecked Wrote:  
(07-13-2009 07:11 PM)galilee Wrote:  There are at least 5000 Christian denominations. Each one claims to have the true "ONe Spirit," what # spirit you have?

Don Harris is part of the Messianic and Hebrew Roots movement in which former Christians follow the Law of Moses rather than Christ. Although they insist that they are believers in Messiah [they refuse to call Him Christ], many of them denigrate Christianity as a pagan system. This leaves them following Torah with an amazing amount of false teachings that are pretty much based in Talmudic Judaism Swoon

I don't think the NT is about denominations. The NT is about Christ crucified and resurrected 47b20s0

We are told that the Bible is our Authority, not church affiliation. There are lots of denominations because it was written that many teachers and prophets would go among the flock as wolves. Because so many Christians are not grounded in the Word of God, deception is rampant Reaction

The Gospel is very simple and easy to comprehend. It's when man gets his hands on the Word of God that things fall apart rather quickly - hence 5,000+ denominations and multiple cults which also consider themselves "Christian" 6839LightningTh_thlies

I can assure you that all 5000 will say the same thing.
07-13-2009, 07:58 PM
(07-13-2009 07:52 PM)galilee Wrote:  I can assure you that all 5000 will say the same thing.

Actually, galilee, many will say the others aren't correct. However, as Sheep has pointed out--it's about Christ. About a relationship with Him, about obedience to Him and to the Word of God. Knowing we are talking Christ crucified and risen, and sitting at the right hand of the Father--ever making intercession for us. That is, Jesus Christ is God manifest in the flesh, and He is our Savior and Lord.

So what do you agree with, if anything, in that information?
Questionmark

Vic
SeekGod.ca

07-13-2009, 09:06 PM
(07-13-2009 07:58 PM)Vic Wrote:  
(07-13-2009 07:52 PM)galilee Wrote:  I can assure you that all 5000 will say the same thing.

Actually, galilee, many will say the others aren't correct. However, as Sheep has pointed out--it's about Christ. About a relationship with Him, about obedience to Him and to the Word of God. Knowing we are talking Christ crucified and risen, and sitting at the right hand of the Father--ever making intercession for us. That is, Jesus Christ is God manifest in the flesh, and He is our Savior and Lord.

So what do you agree with, if anything, in that information?
Questionmark

I agree with everything, so do 5000 denominations who claim to have the true spirit.