Don Harris
07-13-2009, 10:42 PM (This post was last modified: 07-13-2009 10:43 PM by sheep wrecked.)
RE: Don Harris
(07-13-2009 09:06 PM)galilee Wrote:  Vic
Actually, galilee, many will say the others aren't correct. However, as Sheep has pointed out--it's about Christ. About a relationship with Him, about obedience to Him and to the Word of God. Knowing we are talking Christ crucified and risen, and sitting at the right hand of the Father--ever making intercession for us. That is, Jesus Christ is God manifest in the flesh, and He is our Savior and Lord.

So what do you agree with, if anything, in that information?
Questionmark

Quote:I agree with everything, so do 5000 denominations who claim to have the true spirit.

Actually, many denominations do not agree on these points. Just because a church says they claim to have the Holy Spirit does not mean it is so. It could be "a" spirit though Stirthepot Which is why one must know the Bible to test the spirits.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-14-2009, 12:59 AM
(07-13-2009 10:42 PM)sheep wrecked Wrote:  
(07-13-2009 09:06 PM)galilee Wrote:  Vic
Actually, galilee, many will say the others aren't correct. However, as Sheep has pointed out--it's about Christ. About a relationship with Him, about obedience to Him and to the Word of God. Knowing we are talking Christ crucified and risen, and sitting at the right hand of the Father--ever making intercession for us. That is, Jesus Christ is God manifest in the flesh, and He is our Savior and Lord.

So what do you agree with, if anything, in that information?
Questionmark

Quote:I agree with everything, so do 5000 denominations who claim to have the true spirit.

Actually, many denominations do not agree on these points. Just because a church says they claim to have the Holy Spirit does not mean it is so. It could be "a" spirit though Stirthepot Which is why one must know the Bible to test the spirits.

Not good enough. They all know the Bible, why should your spirit be better than theirs?
07-14-2009, 08:40 AM (This post was last modified: 07-14-2009 10:25 AM by Rose of Shushan.)
It's not a case of knowing our bibles. The Pharisees and Scribes knew their bibles yet their interpretation of it was skewed it seems. One can be a great Bible scholar and yet be an aethist, a Hindu or whatever. Jesus didnt say He would send us the Holy Spirit if we knew our bibles well enough.

Joh 14:15 If you love me, keep my commandments.
Joh 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever;
Joh 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it sees him not, neither knows him: but you know him; for he dwells with you, and shall be in you.
Joh 14:18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
Joh 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world sees me no more; but you see me: because I live, you shall live also.
Joh 14:20 At that day you shall know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you.
Joh 14:21 He that has my commandments, and keeps them, he it is that loves me: and he that loves me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

I dont belong to any denomination because most seem to elevate doctrine, and their particular interpretation of scripture over anything else. They elevate the leadership to shepherds and leave the people as sheep following their shepherd.Yet from past experience in the OT we see that when man follows other men such as prophets, priests or kings, it all goes wrong.Thats why God said he would send us One Shepherd whom we know is Jesus.And Jesus said He and the Father would dwell in us.
07-14-2009, 09:38 AM
(07-14-2009 12:59 AM)galilee Wrote:  

Not good enough. They all know the Bible, why should your spirit be better than theirs?
[/quote]

galilee, you are saying the same things. If you have a point, make it. No more of these cryptic and redundant statements. Take this as an admin statement to you. This thread is totally off topic, and needs to get back on topic. 2Colorz_Blue_Light_PDT_24

Your first post was to be in the Introduce Yourself thread in the Announcements section. I would Make that one of your next posts. 7143

As far as whose "spirit" is better. Despite your statement to the contrary---many do not know the Scriptures or Christ personally, which is why there is such a mess under the banner of Christianity. Not all who say Jesus are of Him. No

If someone knows Jesus Christ of the Scriptures they have the Holy Spirit. However, not all claiming to belong to Christ do--because the proof is in what they say and do, whether they abide the Word and so on. And we know that because the Scriptures tell us.

1Co 12:3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

Jud 1:4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

Act 15:24 Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:

1Jn 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
1Jn 2:19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.
1Jn 2:20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.

There's a difference between saying Jesus is Lord and confessing and believing it. Just as someone saying they agree with a statement of faith or such as what I stated in the prior post about Christ crucified etc...just because someone says they agree...they have not actually confessed Christ as Savior and Lord. Th_smiley_nope

Anyone can go through the motions, but the proof comes out in what they actually do say and do.We are warned of deceivers repeatedly and even satan can transform as a 'minister of righteousness, hence the need to try the spirits.

1 John 2:21-23 I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth. 22. Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. 23. Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

See Also for other warnings > 2Th_2:3-12; 1Ti_4:1-3; 2Ti_3:1-6, 2Ti_4:3-4; 2Pe_2:1

1 John 3:20-24 For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things. 21. Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God. 22. And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight. 23. And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment. 24. And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Rom 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. Rom 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
Rom 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
Rom 8:10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
Rom 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you,
he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
Rom 8:12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
Rom 8:13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
Rom 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
Rom 8:15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
Rom 8:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
Rom 8:17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ;
if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

1 Corinthians 2:10-16 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. 11. For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. 12. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. 13. Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14. But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15. But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. 16. For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

Ephesians 4:29-32 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. 30. And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption. 31. Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: 32. And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

Unless you have something edifying to respond with, or an actual clear comment with a point, galilee, lets get back on topic. Icon_focus

Th_Image37225

Vic
SeekGod.ca

3John 1:4 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.
Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-12-2009, 01:27 PM
(07-13-2009 07:41 PM)sheep wrecked Wrote:  
(07-13-2009 07:11 PM)galilee Wrote:  There are at least 5000 Christian denominations. Each one claims to have the true "ONe Spirit," what # spirit you have?

BTW, I never heard of this Harris guy.

[color=#006400][b]Don Harris is part of the Messianic and Hebrew Roots movement in which former Christians follow the Law of Moses rather than Christ. Although they insist that they are believers in Messiah [they refuse to call Him Christ], many of them denigrate Christianity as a pagan system. This leaves them following Torah with an amazing amount of false teachings that are pretty much based in Talmudic Judaism Swoon

I watched him the other night on GLC and he used the word Jesus the Christ on many occasions, and was very strongly against both the Talmud and Kabbalah. He even verbally fired many shots across the HRM bow, which raised a few questions.

He had a start with Rood and then parted in 07. It doesn't state what type of parting he had, or if he maintains any relationship with him at all. From his 2 hour speech last night I doubt Rood or many HRM would say anything kind about him.

Do mistake the above to indicate that I follow him or his doctrine, but I do concur a lot of what he did say struck home against a lot of organizations which desperately had it coming.

Quote:I don't think the NT is about denominations. The NT is about Christ crucified and resurrected 47b20s0

I concur, we are many parts of "one" body; never did it state that those parts were separate...a body doesn't live too long in that condition.

Quote:We are told that the Bible is our Authority, not church affiliation. There are lots of denominations because it was written that many teachers and prophets would go among the flock as wolves. Because so many Christians are not grounded in the Word of God, deception is rampant

Isn't there a verse somewhere about even the elect being deceived?

Mat 10:34 "Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword.
09-12-2009, 02:53 PM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2009 02:54 PM by sheep wrecked.)
(09-12-2009 01:27 PM)grafted Wrote:  I watched him the other night on GLC and he used the word Jesus the Christ on many occasions, and was very strongly against both the Talmud and Kabbalah. He even verbally fired many shots across the HRM bow, which raised a few questions.

He had a start with Rood and then parted in 07. It doesn't state what type of parting he had, or if he maintains any relationship with him at all. From his 2 hour speech last night I doubt Rood or many HRM would say anything kind about him.

It appears that the "parting" was not that significant - they are sharing the same platform this sukkot at a Michael Rood sponsored function called Aviv New Moon Tabernacles - which is Messianically themed with speakers from the Hebrew Roots movement.

http://northwestsukkot.com/speakers-and-.../schedule/

What makes you think Don Harris does not teach Talmud and kabbalah - just because he says so?

He is speaking at a segment during sukkot called "midrash". Midrash is kabbalah and is Talmudic as well. He teaches that Pentecost is the celebration of the giving of Torah [Rabbinical/Talmudic dating and concept]. oops ...... Sign0007

Quote:Do mistake the above to indicate that I follow him or his doctrine, but I do concur a lot of what he did say struck home against a lot of organizations which desperately had it coming.

I call it bait and switch. They tell you what you want to hear, then blatantly do the opposite. When caught, they make excuses. And then of course, share a platform with those that "had it coming" Gaah

Quote:Isn't there a verse somewhere about even the elect being deceived?

This is what Jesus actually stated:

Mat 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

09-12-2009, 05:03 PM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2009 05:22 PM by grafted.)
Quote:I watched him the other night on GLC and he used the word Jesus the Christ on many occasions, and was very strongly against both the Talmud and Kabbalah. He even verbally fired many shots across the HRM bow, which raised a few questions.

Quote:What makes you think Don Harris does not teach Talmud and kabbalah - just because he says so?

At any point did I state I had any belief, what-so-ever, about a personal belief in Harris not having a part of it, just because he did a 180 on it? Read the bold part
You seem to presume a lot about what I personally believe, and not just on this particular sub-forum but on others. I do not know if it is some ingrained have-to-make-an-argument gene that can't be controlled, or a holier than thou "I know your heart" type of thing, because each time you have tried to fore-tell my personal stance and belief you have failed- and each time it was pointed out, a few times with scripture involved IIRC.

What is the count at now, the fourth or fifth time we've been done this particular road?

Now you can throw that whittle ban hammer around because the mean ol' man just slapped your hand once again.

Quote:He had a start with Rood and then parted in 07. It doesn't state what type of parting he had, or if he maintains any relationship with him at all. From his 2 hour speech last night I doubt Rood or many HRM would say anything kind about him.

There has already been a few negative words on PalTalk today about it. This is indeed going to be interesting, especially seeing him and Rood at the same event, speaking. ;)
To be a fly on the wall at that event would surely be interesting, particularly if one has a copy of his GLC show that s/he could quietly leave on the trailer steps- pre-cued of course. :D

Mat 10:34 "Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword.
09-12-2009, 06:02 PM
grafted,

I think it's unnecessary to take that tone. Sign_respect1 I generally do the banning by the way. Yes

Maybe you read a bit more into the question and comment about Harris and the talmud/kabbalah than was actually intended by Sheep. Harris was part of Rood's organisation after it broke up. He was ceo for Rood for a short time, as I stated at the beginning of this thread.

Don Harris became CEO of the new organisation. Pam was on the the corp. registration, and were also directors.

It wasn't long after, that Don and Pam resigned from Rood's organisation and distanced themselves in 2007. See:

http://www.seekgod.ca/roodbreakup.htm

Many of these people reinvent themselves for the particular audience they are targeting. Rood, also a kabbalist, is a master at it and Harris spent many years in his company supporting him and learning from him and likely vice versa. They allow you to see what they want you to see---if you aren't into checking things out. If you are, you see the contradictions and clever reinventions.

It would be great to be a fly on the wall for many of these people. There's things I know I wish I felt comfortable posting, but some things just have to remain unsaid. Until or unless the time comes for them. Wink

Vic
SeekGod.ca

3John 1:4 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.
Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
09-13-2009, 04:45 AM
I read the link earlier, and it was an interesting read, though it did leave a few questions- one being answered with the speaker line-up.
That he would be at the same event with Rood, giving a speech; to be a fly on the wall there would be interesting, hope a transcript appears somewhere.

I have always viewed "any" mass media "preacher type" to be a servant of the $, unless they prove themselves different.
It is like viewing any politician as being a servant of themselves vs the people they are supposed to be serving.

As for keeping up with them, that isn't my calling, though it is nice to read the reports of those who's calling it is; taken with a grain of salt until confirmed by other reports.

09-13-2009, 12:02 PM (This post was last modified: 09-13-2009 12:08 PM by sheep wrecked.)
(09-13-2009 04:45 AM)grafted Wrote:  I read the link earlier, and it was an interesting read, though it did leave a few questions- one being answered with the speaker line-up.
That he would be at the same event with Rood, giving a speech; to be a fly on the wall there would be interesting, hope a transcript appears somewhere.

I have always viewed "any" mass media "preacher type" to be a servant of the $, unless they prove themselves different.
It is like viewing any politician as being a servant of themselves vs the people they are supposed to be serving.

As for keeping up with them, that isn't my calling, though it is nice to read the reports of those who's calling it is; taken with a grain of salt until confirmed by other reports.

Neither Michael Rood nor any of the HR "teachers" have transcripts of their stuff and if any of it is recorded it is not available to the public. They prefer to keep their spew under wraps so they can pimp it up to make it more palatable the next time around, so people can cheer and back slap with all the added "revelations" Icon_runforhills

I am not sure why you want to "season" his gospel of hatred to make it appealing Snapoutofit Rood is a false prophet and a false teacher [and many others in this "business"] and merchandises whoever he can snare into his web of lies and deceit Th_thlies He hates Jesus Christ and preaches his own gospel, an accursed gospel that denies Christ and His finished work on the cross Noooooo He is a wolf gone out among the flock who is fleecing the sheep and sending them over a cliff to their destruction Shark