Question about Monte Judah
09-19-2009, 06:56 PM
RE: Question about Monte Judah
Eccl. 12:9 - 14
"And moreover, because the preacher was wise, he still taught the people knowledge; yea, he gave good heed, and sought out, and set in order many proverbs.
The preacher sought to find out acceptable words: and that which was written was upright, even words of truth.
The words of the wise are as goads, and as nails fastened by the masters of assemblies, which are given from one shepherd.
And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh.
Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil."

Phillipians 4:23 "The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-19-2009, 07:24 PM
(09-19-2009 06:56 PM)Mary Wrote:  Eccl. 12:9 - 14
"And moreover, because the preacher was wise, he still taught the people knowledge; yea, he gave good heed, and sought out, and set in order many proverbs.
The preacher sought to find out acceptable words: and that which was written was upright, even words of truth.
The words of the wise are as goads, and as nails fastened by the masters of assemblies, which are given from one shepherd.
And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh.
Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil."

Thanks, Mary for the scripture Smiley-greet013 I would love it if you would give us your thoughts on it for some clarification!

09-20-2009, 01:15 AM (This post was last modified: 09-20-2009 01:27 AM by Mary.)
(09-19-2009 07:24 PM)sheep wrecked Wrote:  
(09-19-2009 06:56 PM)Mary Wrote:  Eccl. 12:9 - 14

Thanks, Mary for the scripture Smiley-greet013 I would love it if you would give us your thoughts on it for some clarification!

Sure. 8836 This was part of what I was reading in the Bible this morning, and it seemed to me to have application as follows:

1. Vic (and others on this site) are teaching me some things I did not know before. "The preacher sought to find out acceptable words: and that which was written was upright, even words of truth.
The words of the wise are as goads, and as nails fastened by the masters of assemblies, which are given from one shepherd."

2. There is a lot of information out "there" lots of books, articles, websites, blogs, etc.etc. 'there is no end.." and to study them all is "wearying of flesh" . I felt that this is true, and am grateful that God lead me to this website which sums up clearly a lot of false teaching, thereby making things less "wearying" for me.

3. At the same time I understand the "admonishment," and realise that this website is also part of the "many books" and that my focus should always be on God: "Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil." Which is what I understood Vic to be saying in her last reply to me.
The truth is, as Vic says, the Scriptures are enough. also as Vic said, for me, I knew what my 'friend' was saying is incorrect from what I know of the Scriptures: I knew very little about HRM when I first entered into discussion with him, and it was only near the end of our discussion and after I terminated it that I started to find out more about HRM specifically. What I have since found out mainly from this website is validated by what I know of God's word.[/i]

Phillipians 4:23 "The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen."
09-20-2009, 11:16 AM
(09-20-2009 01:15 AM)Mary Wrote:  Sure. 8836 This was part of what I was reading in the Bible this morning, and it seemed to me to have application as follows:

1. Vic (and others on this site) are teaching me some things I did not know before. "The preacher sought to find out acceptable words: and that which was written was upright, even words of truth.
The words of the wise are as goads, and as nails fastened by the masters of assemblies, which are given from one shepherd."

2. There is a lot of information out "there" lots of books, articles, websites, blogs, etc.etc. 'there is no end.." and to study them all is "wearying of flesh" . I felt that this is true, and am grateful that God lead me to this website which sums up clearly a lot of false teaching, thereby making things less "wearying" for me.

3. At the same time I understand the "admonishment," and realise that this website is also part of the "many books" and that my focus should always be on God: "Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil." Which is what I understood Vic to be saying in her last reply to me.
The truth is, as Vic says, the Scriptures are enough. also as Vic said, for me, I knew what my 'friend' was saying is incorrect from what I know of the Scriptures: I knew very little about HRM when I first entered into discussion with him, and it was only near the end of our discussion and after I terminated it that I started to find out more about HRM specifically. What I have since found out mainly from this website is validated by what I know of God's word.[/i]

I can't agree with you more, Mary. I recall reading that verse and thinking when I first started researching that if people would actually abide the Word of God and use it as the standard, I wouldn't have to do this research and writing which is time consuming and wearying. Yes Then we all could just enjoy talking about serving Christ and the scriptures without all this junk alongside it. 6788

But, since a majority of people don't abide the Word of God and use it as their standard, I guess we do what we have to do to warn and help people focus on Christ and the Word. 7863 I am really glad that the Scriptures are your standard, Mary, and that the information has helped in some way to help you refute the various things as you run into them.

If people come away with nothing else from my website and this forum, my hope is that they will be settled in the matter of Who they serve and How to use the Scriptures as the Sword we are given to deal with alll these things in life. 47b20s0 15249

Vic
SeekGod.ca

3John 1:4 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.
Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user