Can someone claim to be a prophet and...
01-27-2010, 09:09 PM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2010 08:31 PM by sheep wrecked.)
RE: Can someone claim to be a prophet and...
(01-27-2010 08:27 PM)Ben Wrote:  A real prophet is always 100% accurate, because a prophet claims to be speaking for God, who is always right.

Deut 18:22 When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

and earlier in the Chapter the sentence was already pronounced on these false prophets.

Deut 18:20 But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die. Eyerub

Seems like God is not Joking when it comes to prophets.

Would a king easily forgive a man who went around sealing decrees with the royal signet ring without permission?

What bothers me are those who continue to stand behind "prophets" who speak for the Lord, make false prophecies and then are excused as "no one is perfect" or "they are just baby prophets learning to listen". The worst are those who find a way to dissociate themselves from false "words" by saying that the "Lord stayed His Hand" out of "mercy" or the "power of prayer" Smack
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can someone claim to be a prophet and... - strefanash - 02-04-2009, 12:12 AM
RE: Can someone claim to be a prophet and... - strefanash - 02-05-2009, 12:55 AM
RE: Can someone claim to be a prophet and... - strefanash - 02-05-2009, 08:51 PM
RE: Can someone claim to be a prophet and... - sheep wrecked - 01-27-2010 09:09 PM