Can someone claim to be a prophet and...
02-03-2009, 08:05 PM
RE: Can someone claim to be a prophet and...
(02-03-2009 07:49 PM)sheep wrecked Wrote:  
(02-03-2009 07:07 PM)Peaches Wrote:  I was kinda wondering. Don't you think God understands if someone makes a mistake on a prohecy? I mean, like maybe they heard wrong, so shouldn't we just give them another chance?

Let me ask you this, Peaches - if someone truly hears from God, don't you think that He could speak so they could get the right information? Listen

If you look at the OT prophets - there was never a question as to whether they spoke God's Words - and they never made mistakes. If they did, in the OT they stoned them for being a false prophet .... and this what God commanded for punishment. Icon_new_shocked

So then, if God felt that way then, do you really supposed He just shrugs His shoulders when people say they hear from God, and it doesn't come true today?

Wow, I never thought of it that way before. But now I am confused, cause there are like 100s and 100s...maybe even 1000s and 1000s of people who prophesy and say they hear from God and then they speak a "word from the Lord" in church and everyone thinks that the Holy Spirit is there blessing people. So how come so many people are doing this if it's not God speaking? This is scary. Noooooo

Peaches

4lqqtqv
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can someone claim to be a prophet and... - Peaches - 02-03-2009 08:05 PM
RE: Can someone claim to be a prophet and... - strefanash - 02-04-2009, 12:12 AM
RE: Can someone claim to be a prophet and... - strefanash - 02-05-2009, 12:55 AM
RE: Can someone claim to be a prophet and... - strefanash - 02-05-2009, 08:51 PM