Was that a Renewed Covenant or New Covenant
09-13-2009, 09:16 PM
RE: Was that a Renewed Covenant or New Covenant
[quote='sheep wrecked' pid='4074' dateline='1252717409']
[quote='Dredge' pid='4073' dateline='1252715653']

There cannot be two covenants in effect at the same time.

Gen 9:8 And God spake unto Noah, and to his sons with him, saying, 9 And I, behold, I establish my covenant with you, and with your seed after you; 10 And with every living creature that is with you, of the fowl, of the cattle, and of every beast of the earth with you; from all that go out of the ark, to every beast of the earth. 11 And I will establish my covenant with you; neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth.

Does this covenant no longer apply?

Gen 17:19 And God said, Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: and I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him.

Does this everlasting covenant no longer apply?

Ex 34:27 And the LORD said unto Moses, Write thou these words: for after the tenor of these words I have made a covenant with thee and with Israel. 28 And he was there with the LORD forty days and forty nights; he did neither eat bread, nor drink water. And he wrote upon the tables the words of the covenant, the ten commandments

Does this covenant no longer apply?

Gal 3: 11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith. 12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them. 13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree: 14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith. 15 Brethren, I speak after the manner of men; Though it be but a man's covenant, F5 yet if it be confirmed, no man disannulleth, or addeth thereto. 16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ. 17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect. 18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.

Does this infer that the covenant with Abraham is no longer in effect?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Was that a Renewed Covenant or New Covenant - strefanash - 12-24-2008, 02:51 AM
RE: Was that a Renewed Covenant or New Covenant - strefanash - 12-24-2008, 10:44 PM
RE: Was that a Renewed Covenant or New Covenant - strefanash - 02-04-2009, 02:39 AM
RE: Was that a Renewed Covenant or New Covenant - Dredge - 09-13-2009 09:16 PM