Was that a Renewed Covenant or New Covenant
09-16-2009, 08:11 AM
RE: Was that a Renewed Covenant or New Covenant
Quote:Thank you, I had thought the Mosaic covenant was an extention of the Abrahamic covenant.

In Heb 8:10 the author writes "after those days" is this past or future?

10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

Because Jer 31:33 states:

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Also what laws are being referenced in "I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts"?

Dredge I do believe we have to look at the words of Hebrews and Jeremiah in context.
In jeremiah 32 if you continue reading the prophet reassures the people that they will return from Babylon and the captivity that they were entering into.
Look at this part

Jer 32:14 Thus says the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Take these deeds, this deed of purchase, which is sealed, and this deed which is open; and put them in an earthen vessel, that they may last many days.
Jer 32:15 For thus says the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Houses and fields and vineyards shall be possessed again in this land.
Jer 32:16 Now when I had delivered the deed of purchase unto Baruch the son of Neriah, I prayed unto the LORD, saying,

Now this repossession we know took place following the return from Babylon.What seemed to be an impossible dream at the time,when they were being carted off to Babylon came true as we read in the books of Ezra Nehemiah and beyond. The people were given another chance and even up to the prophet Malachi God is still urging his people to hold fast to the covenant and the Sabbath which was a sign of that particular mosaic covenant.But we know what happened.By the time that Jesus came the axe was laid to the root of the trees.The old covenant clearly was not working the people broke it again and again, the priesthood was unbelievably corrupt and God in His mercy sent the One who would usher in the New Covenant.Our beloved Messiah and Redeemer Jesus.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Was that a Renewed Covenant or New Covenant - strefanash - 12-24-2008, 02:51 AM
RE: Was that a Renewed Covenant or New Covenant - strefanash - 12-24-2008, 10:44 PM
RE: Was that a Renewed Covenant or New Covenant - strefanash - 02-04-2009, 02:39 AM
RE: Was that a Renewed Covenant or New Covenant - Rose of Shushan - 09-16-2009 08:11 AM