What's the difference between Hebrew Roots and Messianic?
12-05-2011, 10:01 PM
RE: What's the difference between Hebrew Roots and Messianic?
Hi Mark and welcome to the forum!!
I'm really sorry that you have such a bad opinion of the forum and that you seem to see a lot of negative things.There are a lot of posters here and things can heated but that tends to happen on all discussion boards that involve religion.

I wanted to comment on some of the things you wrote.

Quote:Where is it that the "commandments and ordinances are nailed to the cross?
Col 2:14 having blotted out the certificate of debt against us – by the dogmas – which stood against us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the stake.
That does not mean commandments and ordinances by any stretch. That probably is refering to man made "dogmas" and deals with all of the adding to the real "commandments and ordinances" that the Pharisees put forth on the people.
Eph 2:15 having abolished in His flesh the enmity – the Torah of the commands in dogma – so as to create in Himself one renewed man from the two, thus making peace,
Eph 2:16 and to completely restore to favour both of them unto Elohim in one body through the stake, having destroyed the enmity by it.
The "enmity-the Torah commands in dogma"" not the "Torah and all the commandments".

In Colossians 2 :14

Col 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
Col 2:15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
Col 2:17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

The word for handwriting in greek cheirographon and denotes obviously something handwritten and the word for ordinances is dogma

So what are the handwritten ordinances that are spoken of? It cannot be the dogmas of the Pharisees as you so called it as all they had then were the Tradition of the Elders.They hadn't been written down into what later became the Mishna, Talmud etc until later.In Ephesians we see that again the same concept reappears

Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; to make in himself of two one new man, so making peace;

In Ephesians 2 :15 we see it speaks of the law (nomos) of commandments (entole) contained in ordinances (dogma).. so seems to be speaking of somethings written which led to an enmity or separation between jew and non jew.From the OT we know that this was the Law and its commandments and ordinances.
I don't understand you quote up there as the Torah/Law is made up of the commandments and ordinances.

Quote:How do you deal with this Quote from The Messiah Himself?
Joh_14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
Mat_5:18 “For truly, I say to you, till the heaven and the earth pass away, one jot or one tittle shall by no means pass from the Torah till all be done. (last time I checked Heaven and earth were still here)
Luk_16:17 “And it is easier for the heaven and the earth to pass away than for one tittle of the Torah to fall.
And of course from John; 1Jn 5:2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.
1Jn 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.
2Jn 1:5 And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another.
2Jn 1:6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

When Jesus says to keep His commanments He is talking about the commandments and instructions He gave while He walked the earth.You yourself posted one in that last Scripture regarding that we should love one another.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What's the difference between Hebrew Roots and Messianic? - Rose of Shushan - 12-05-2011 10:01 PM