Intercessory Prayer
02-10-2009, 08:07 AM
Intercessory Prayer
When I think of the power of prayer I think of this book - Rees Howells Intercessor by Norman Grubb.

To read some reviews here is a link to Amazon :http://www.amazon.com/Rees-Howells-Intercessor-Norman-Grubb/dp/0875081886

1 of 40 reviews : Those familiar with the lives of George Muller of Bristol, or J. Hudson Taylor will appreciate the story of Rees Howell's life. Here is another giant of the faith who's life, more than anything else, is a testimony to the security found in totally trusting God for all our needs. This book is also an excellent primer on what it means to be, and how to live out the life of, an intercessory prayer warrior.

I have to say that I could not put this book down. I read it straight through and was very moved by many of the chapters. It was enthralling, simply written with drama, and humour. It helped me understand how faith in God, fasting and prayer can 'move mountains'.

A group of people can influence others and outcomes through focused prayer to revival and revelation of the Holy Spirit of God in these wicked last days. God wants to harvest souls and it is becoming more dangerous to preach on the streets. Only recently I know of a person who was arrested because he was handing out Christian Bible tracts in a town nearby. The law said he was inciting religious hatred.

I like these verses:
Philippians 4:4-7
"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2009, 04:40 PM
RE: Intercessory Prayer
i will have to find this book and read it thanks
Quote this message in a reply