Welcome to SeekGod.ca Forum
Sign in Create Account
Not a member yet? Why not sign up today and start meeting our community.

my intro

gary brewer

hi everyone. I believe the bible is the inspired word of god.  i am a student of gods word and do not consider or dare to declare myself a teacher of it. i love to study the word of god and also the history of the church. i have found that one needs to study the old testament to  under stand the context of some of the things wrote about in the gospels because of the holy days and Sabbaths  spoke of in the new testament. the term Sabbath was not just used for the seventh day but also days that were made holy convocations days unto the lord wherein no work could be done. i learned this by studying the old testament. especially  exodus and leviticus . where god also called them Sabbath days. i have also studied the early church history very much.  much persecution was endured by the early church at the hands of rome.  pagan doctrines were brought into roman Catholicism by rome as well as many man made traditions thru out the years. that's why one needs to study the history for themselves and know the word to measure teachings against what the word says. there are many doctrines and teachings in many different churches and religions but all should be held up to the light of gods word to see if they line up or not. i like  this site where we can study and discuss gods word. a person who does not know gods word can be easily deceived or misled. i believe one should conform their lives to gods word and not seek to change the word to conform to ones life.  we all struggle with the flesh at times because the flesh wars against the spirit but we must not be offended at gods word. if the word says it is sin then it is sin . a lot of people would like to change gods word or do away with it altogether because it does not fit their lifestyle or view on life. i have found in gods word many times where i have had to say forgive me lord because i have been guilty of this sin or that one. but let gods word be true  regardless of who it hits or offends. i desire the prayers of true Christians for i am a man and need your prayers as long as i dwell in a fleshly tabernacle. i think we all do. so remember me when you pray.

Lois

Hi Gary,

Smilies-30066 

Thank you for taking the time to post an introduction and telling us some of what you believe.

I would agree with much of what you have shared here.

It's very important that people grasp the concept that what they believe should be able to stand being tested by the Scriptures.
Unfortunately, there are a lot of people so blinded by their own opinion and the opinions of others that they just can't get that opinions aren't Scripture.

What a blessing it is that you grasp the concept that what we believe should stand when compared to the truth of the Scriptures. Th_prraisethelord 

I'll be praying for you.
Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.(2John 1:9)

Kayneptune

Yes, I believe the god and god knows everything