Jesus in My Heart
02-12-2009, 12:17 PM
Jesus in My Heart
What a beautiful day! The sun was shinning and spring was fast approaching. It was soon time to bring Micah to the heart doctor for a check up and to have some tests done.

He was born with a hole in his heart – which is nothing that unusual, many babies have one, and the hole either closes up on its own or causes no trouble in the course of life. There are the exceptions. His mom was born with a sizeable hole [called a PFO], causing a number of serious symptoms in her late 30’s. After several tests and a special procedure, it was repaired successfully. But the whole event reminded her of Micah’s PFO, and she decided that the time had come for another look at it.

Mom and Micah arrived at the Doctor, and Micah’s questions and constant chatter filled the room with smiles. At four years old he was very perceptive and advanced for his age in comprehension. His EEG was a curiosity for him as he watched all the wires as they were connected to his chest with the gooey tape. His little mind was absorbing everything that happened.

After the EEG, the nurse told him that he would be having another very special test on his heart, an echo cardiogram. This time, a specialized machine would take a picture of his heart so they could see inside of it. Micah’s eyes grew big and round. He jumped up on the table exuberantly, hands waving in joy. “Mommy”, he exclaimed, “I am gonna see Jesus!!!!!!!!!”, he laughed.

Surprised, she asked, “You’re going to see Jesus?”

Micah was giggling gleefully, “Yes, Jesus lives in my heart and we are gonna see Him right now cause they're gonna see inside my heart”, He exclaimed exuberantly!

Through a few teary chuckles, Mommy patiently explained that they would not really be able to see Jesus, because He lives in Heaven. But His love lives in Micah’s heart as if Jesus were really there. Micah smiled as if he understood ..... and maybe he really did.

Luke 18:16 But Jesus called them to him, and said, Suffer little children to come to me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God. 17 Truly I say to you, Whoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply