Welcome to SeekGod.ca Forum
Sign in Create Account
Not a member yet? Why not sign up today and start meeting our community.

666 in the OT (???)

YYZ Skinhead

Question 

I was trying to find Solomon's death on blueletterbible.org and found these strange verses:

1Ki 10:14
Now the weight of gold that came to Solomon in one year was six hundred threescore and six talents of gold,

2Ch 9:13
Now the weight of gold that came to Solomon in one year was six hundred and threescore and six talents of gold;

Of course the only other context in which I have seen the number is Rev 13:18:

Rev 13:18
Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

That cannot possibly be by chance, though I have no idea what the connection is between Solomon's wealth and the Beast.  7108
HOSTIS HVMANI GENERIS
[Image: 2vtwd1i.jpg]

VISUALIZE WORLD WAR

Vic

Administrator

(06-22-2017, 01:33 PM)YYZ Skinhead Wrote: I was trying to find Solomon's death on blueletterbible.org and found these strange verses:

1Ki 10:14
Now the weight of gold that came to Solomon in one year was six hundred threescore and six talents of gold,

2Ch 9:13
Now the weight of gold that came to Solomon in one year was six hundred and threescore and six talents of gold;

Of course the only other context in which I have seen the number is Rev 13:18:

Rev 13:18
Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

That cannot possibly be by chance, though I have no idea what the connection is between Solomon's wealth and the Beast.  7108

Interesting connection. What immediately came to mind is this:

1Ti 6:8-12

(8)  And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.
(9)  But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.
(10)  For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
(11)  But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.
(12)  Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.

In my series Taking the Name, the Mark and the Number--we can see some of the issues also:
http://www.seekgod.ca/topicsymbols.htm#taking

Taking the Number
http://www.seekgod.ca/number.htm

It's interesting that Jared Kushner purchased/owns a building in New York with the number 666, and is now working on making a peace deal with Israel and the Palestinians. I think many are suggesting that is prophetic fulfillment. Time will tell I guess. There are so many contenders on the world stage that are 'anti-christ' that it behooves us to be fully committed and focused on Christ.

Rev 13:11-18

(11)  And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.
(12)  And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.
(13)  And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,
(14)  And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
(15)  And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
(16)  And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
(17)  And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
(18)  Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Rev 15:2

(2)  And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God.
Vic
SeekGod.ca

3John 1:4  I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.
Isaiah 40:31  But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.