Shem Tov or Shem Tob Matthew--The Hebrew Matthew
12-29-2008, 12:24 PM
RE: Shem Tov or Shem Tob Matthew--The Hebrew Matthew
(12-29-2008 11:31 AM)carl37 Wrote:  I would kindly request that when replying to one of my posts that you refrain from using the emoticons. While some may think it cute, I find it condescending and unnecessary and even childish. In case you don't realize let me put it is simple terms for you. Every time someone posts something that is disagreed with by mainly the administrators, they use the emoticons to try and belittle the poster and try to make them feel inferior. It is unnecessary and really shows that the love of Yehushua is sorely lacking. Now to the more serious business of the day. Can you say without a shadow of a doubt that there was no Hebrew Matthew? ...

Soapbox Carl, that you are offended is showing you lack understanding of the posts. Further, when you get your own forum, you can tell the admins and other posters what they can and cannot say or do. OK? 6788

For information concerning why the use of smilies, please go here >
http://www.seekgod.ca/forum/showthread.php?tid=42

Now that that is out of the way, allow me to apologise for offending you. You need to understand that I and the others have a sense of humor...and you might want to lighten up or you are likely going to get offended again. This is a discussion forum and there are topics where people are going to be passionate and I would recommend you learn to use the smilies to offset your intensity and passion or you may come across as miserable and unapproachable. You may think it's childish, but the smilies are there to help people put across their meaning. Like it or not, they stay.

Now, I said to you in my post I would respond to your "list" and I will. I do research Carl, and I don't just dump out unchecked facts just to appease someone's ego. Nor do I make comment before I am ready.

Rose asked you where you obtained the list, and since you're into protocol and correct forum behavior, perhaps you could reply to that question. 17434

Not to worry though, Carl, I already have the research on that.
Further, the "List" of Hebrew Primacists is loaded with Aramaic primacists--apparently your source doesn't know the difference. Do you?

Could there have been a Hebrew version of Matthew along with the Greek--that's really a no brainer. Of course there could, but since there are no original transcripts it becomes a moot point. Further, if there were such, there is no reason to believe they wouldn't be as "mistranslated" as the Greek, according to some.

And again, regarding the "list", you need to read my site regarding James Trimm and there's a few more on the list that have been written about with regard to the Hebrew Matthew/shem tob, etc

http://www.seekgod.ca/topichrministries.htm#james

Incidentally, I didn't update my information on James Trimm when he publicly announced that he had been committing adultery for years-believe that was announced in fall of 2007... Unclean hands....

Haveaniceday1

Vic
SeekGod.ca

3John 1:4 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.
Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Shem Tov or Shem Tob Matthew--The Hebrew Matthew - Vic - 12-29-2008 12:24 PM
RE: Shem Tov or Shem Tob Matthew--The Hebrew Matthew - strefanash - 12-29-2008, 10:37 PM
RE: Shem Tov or Shem Tob Matthew--The Hebrew Matthew - strefanash - 12-30-2008, 03:10 PM
RE: Shem Tov or Shem Tob Matthew--The Hebrew Matthew - strefanash - 12-31-2008, 04:42 AM
RE: Shem Tov or Shem Tob Matthew--The Hebrew Matthew - strefanash - 12-31-2008, 01:38 PM
RE: Shem Tov or Shem Tob Matthew--The Hebrew Matthew - strefanash - 12-31-2008, 05:11 PM