All things New
04-07-2009, 02:14 PM
All things New
I'm new here and wanted to share a little of my testimony with you all so that you could get to know me a little more.

I was brought up in a "religious" family. Went to church twice on a Sunday, was sent to Sunday School and spent every Sunday of my childhood at my grandparents house where there was strict Sunday Observance.

Was brought up in a war torn country. I was used to counting the shots being fired during the night. Listening to sirens, helicopters, used to hearing bombs go off. Was used to getting evacuated from shops. Watched my family grieve over loved ones killed. Some of my family were sent death threats written in blood. I've watched a helicopter just drop from the sky and explode before my eyes. No one ever knew what the next 24 hrs would hold.

Even tho all my activities outside of school were all church related - by the age of 13 I knew that I was not a proper Christian even though I was brought up in a "religious family". I had a penpal in Palm Springs and she asked me what my religion was and my mum told me to tell her I was a Christian. I knew that was not correct. I knew that if I died that night I would be spending the rest of my life separated from God and in Hell.

At that same time I got caught out stealing big style and told alot of lies to cover it up and during the middle of one night my mum came into my room crying as I had let her down so badly and she told me that I needed to get right with the Lord and ask for forgiveness.

I released that I had let my mum, dad and grandparents down and even more than getting right with the Lord - I needed to ask the Lord into my life and change me and make me into a different person. I did not like the person I was starting to turn into.

I went to church and sunday school and I believed in Jesus but I was not born again. I knew that Jesus shed his blood on the cross and died in my place so that I could be forgiven. Is'nt Jesus just wonderful - he paid my fine and took my punishment.

As I lay in my bed in the middle of the night, I confessed my sins to God and gave my life to Jesus. It was just not enough for me to believe in Jesus ( because even the demons believe in Him) I had to repent and place my trust in Him as my Lord and Saviour. Thats what it means to be born again.

So thats what I did that night. I don't remember dates just that I did it when I was 13.

I met my future husband at age 14. His dad was a minister - and that was the only reason my parents allowed me to spend time with him. My husband was very particular about our friendship - he would not have a relationship with someone else who was not saved. We were so young but so in love.

I ended up in my final two years of education going to a 99% catholic school in a bad area of town. So that I could do accountancy. The Lord looked after me those 2 years. I was so on fire for him and used to sit in the common room with my bible and talk to my friends - they were so used to going to confession and hearing about purgatory.

I never went into that school without praying but those were the best 2 yrs of my school life. The school teachers wanted me to go to university but I just wanted to get married. DH had already spent 4 yrs at university by this stage.

So I got a job - and had to cut all ties with my former school mates, I could not tell them where I worked as I knew that many had terrorist links in their families. I ended up in Military HQ. I could trust few and hardly anyone in the family knew where I worked. Ended up starting a bible study and prayer meeting one day a week at lunchtime there with a few christian soldiers and other staff.

I finally got married and I praise and thank the Lord for all his mercies, his grace and his guiding hand. Without Him being there for us I would not be celebrating nearly 22yrs of married life.

We've worked for an Arab missionary society for about 2 yrs and in a sense a "Messianic" type ministry - hard to describe it but it was an outreach to the Russian Jews of Belarus - but the Russian authorities would only allow us to work with the Jewish children if we had half the children Jewish and the other half Russian children. Working for the Arab Missionary society - involved arabic bibles and a "bit of travelling".

The Lord blessed us with 3 boys - who now also love the Lord. My eldest has received the Lord's calling to go into the ministry and once he has finished his degree he is starting bible college.

There have been so many trials in our lives and just now we have a major one - someday I will share it with you all but for now we cling to the Lord and remember that "For such a time as this the Lord will be with us".

I just thank the Lord that He is there to guide us through those heartbreaking times.

Being a Christian is not an easy life to follow - its the toughest you will ever get. But Jesus has been with us as a couple and as a family every step of the way guiding us and giving us wisdom. I have no fear of the future. My confidence is in Christ Jesus my Lord.

James 1 v 2 , 3 KJV "My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing [this], that the trying of your faith worketh patience."

and my favourite verse of scripture:

Romans 8:28 KJV "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to [his] purpose"

Hebrews 13 V5b KJV "...........for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee."

Quote:We may not know what the future holds, but we can trust the One who holds the future

God Bless
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-07-2009, 02:36 PM
RE: All things New
Thank you so much for sharing this with us 4given.

What a clear reminder that it is God who orders our steps, and leads us to where He wants us.

You have had so many experiences and God has kept you safe, in spite of what goes on around. His purposes for each of us is for His glory. Praise God for that. The uncertainty we feel at times, He already knows what is needed.

In your time of trial now, I know many who read your testimony will not only be blessed, as I have been, but will also pray for you and yours.

1Co 12:25 That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.
1Co 12:26 And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.

Rom 12:15 Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep.

Blessings to you, as you seek to do His most perfect will.

Vic
SeekGod.ca

3John 1:4 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.
Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-07-2009, 04:16 PM
4given, that is quite a testimony. You must feel blessed that your eldest boy is intending going into ministry.
04-07-2009, 06:15 PM
Thanx for sharing your testimony, 4given. You have been through a lot, but God is always faithful 6788

He sure has sent you to a lot of interesting places to serve Him - that's exciting!

It seems that everyone has their share of troubles these days - a double share at times. I pray that God gives you the strength to endure this latest trial. It is so awesome that we can depend on Him.

Philippians 4:12 I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.
Phi 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me.

2 Corinthians 12:9 And he said to me, My grace is sufficient for you: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest on me.
2Co 12:10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.
04-08-2009, 10:56 AM
(04-07-2009 04:16 PM)Anddra Wrote:  4given, that is quite a testimony. You must feel blessed that your eldest boy is intending going into ministry.

It was a bit of a shock to his dad - we pay for his lodgings at uni and at first I think my DH was thinking "we've got him gonna go through bible college next to pay for!" plus course fees. Plus 2 others wanting to go to uni also.

I was not surprised in the slightest - I had prayed over him when he was just a day old praising the Lord for him and asked the Lord to take him and use him when he was older.

I think he is thinking Mission Field work but its still early days - he still has a law degree to finish - his girlfriend wants to go out into the mission field as a doctor so they would make a good team if the Lord spares for them to be married. But the Lord knows best - He may have other plans for him.