Will Jesus Enter the Eastern Gate For the First Time or, Again?
05-17-2009, 02:25 PM
Will Jesus Enter the Eastern Gate For the First Time or, Again?
Many believe that during the time of the First Temple the Eastern Gate, which is also called Shushan or HaKohan gate, was the main entrance into the Temple area. Many believe that it was the gate that Jesus entered on donkey in His triumphal entry.

Matthew 21:2-11 Saying unto them, Go into the village over against you, and straightway ye shall find an a-s-s tied, and a colt with her: loose them, and bring them unto me. 3. And if any man say ought unto you, ye shall say, The Lord hath need of them; and straightway he will send them. 4. All this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, 5. Tell ye the daughter of Sion, Behold, thy King cometh unto thee, meek, and sitting upon an a-s-s, and a colt the foal of an a-s-s. 6. And the disciples went, and did as Jesus commanded them, 7. And brought the a-s-s, and the colt, and put on them their clothes, and they set him thereon. 8. And a very great multitude spread their garments in the way; others cut down branches from the trees, and strawed them in the way. 9. And the multitudes that went before, and that followed, cried, saying, Hosanna to the Son of David: Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord; Hosanna in the highest. 10. And when he was come into Jerusalem, all the city was moved, saying, Who is this? 11. And the multitude said, This is Jesus the prophet of Nazareth of Galilee. **a-s-s is spelled this way due to spam prevention-otherwise it will be blocked out with ****.

If one were to stand on the Mount of Olives he could look over this Eastern Gate into the huge area presently north of the Dome of the Rock and see all the gates (at different levels) in a perfect line: the East Gate --Outer Court Gate --Inner Court Gate --Temple Entrance.

According to prophecy the Messiah would enter Jerusalem from the east. The eastern gate holds a special holiness for Jews, who believe that the Sheckinah or Divine Presence used to appear through this gate and will appear again In the meantime it is believed it must be left untouched.

The Arab Muslims call this gate The Mercy Gate and according to the Koran, the just will pass through this gate on the Day of Judgment.

This eastern gate is the only one of the eight gates in Jerusalem that is sealed. The Arabs believe that because the Jews expect their Messiah to come through this gate, they would prevent any possibility of His return. It was sealed up in 1530 AD, by the Ottoman Turks. A cemetary was planted in front of it, with the thinking being that the Jewish Messiah could not set foot into a cemetary, and therefore wouldn't arrive.

Many believe that the gate was shut to prevent the entrance of the Messiah as foretold by Old Testament Prophecies. However, we see that Ezekeiel prophecied the shutting of the gate around 600 BC

Ezekiel 44:1-3 Then he brought me back the way of the gate of the outward sanctuary which looketh toward the east; and it was shut. 2. Then said the LORD unto me; This gate shall be shut, it shall not be opened, and no man shall enter in by it; because the LORD, the God of Israel, hath entered in by it, therefore it shall be shut. 3. It is for the prince; the prince, he shall sit in it to eat bread before the LORD; he shall enter by the way of the porch of that gate, and shall go out by the way of the same.

It is believed by some that Jesus entered Jerusalem through the East gate around 30 A.D.as He came down from the Mount of Olives and entered the temple according to Luke 19:28-48. The belief is that He would have entered through the original gate in the wall which was destroyed with the city by the Romans in 70 A.D. Ezekiel speaks of the closed gate that the "Prince", which is another name for the Messiah in the Old Testament and New Testament, entered. We know Jesus is the prophesied Messiah

Since Jesus is the prophesied Messiah, and fulfillment of Messianic prophecies, has He already entered through the gate? and did He come out again through that gate to be crucified? Thinking2

Will He ever go through that sealed gate again?
Th_ththink

Vic
SeekGod.ca

3John 1:4 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.
Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-13-2009, 01:13 AM
RE: Will Jesus Enter the Eastern Gate For the First Time or, Again?
It is patently ridiculous to think that one can prevent the return of the Messiah by sealing a Jerusalem Gate.

AS for the manner of His coming, every eye will see it. It will be a cosmic event which will somehow split the sky asunder. And it wil be accompanied by the visible resurrection of the righteous dead and the rapture of the church, also a visible event, to meet Him in the air, thus vindicating the faith of the church which had been martyred by the thousand in the Great Tribulation immediately before this event. The Second Coming of itself wil be sufficienty convincing to all observers that the question as to which gate He will enter fades into insignificance.

Does it really matter?
Find all posts by this user
03-10-2010, 11:54 AM
Completely agreed. It is interesting that few years ago I had a dream where I was standing by the Eastern Gate looking at it and suddenly the bricks that seal the gate started to crumble and the dead boies in the graves started to raise from the ground and started to fly away cleaning the way for the Lord to enter into Jerusalem. Glory to God!!!
03-10-2010, 10:28 PM
(03-10-2010 11:54 AM)mayito7777 Wrote:  Completely agreed. It is interesting that few years ago I had a dream where I was standing by the Eastern Gate looking at it and suddenly the bricks that seal the gate started to crumble and the dead boies in the graves started to raise from the ground and started to fly away cleaning the way for the Lord to enter into Jerusalem. Glory to God!!!

In Revelation, God calls Jerusalem, Sodom and Egypt because it is so spiritually corrupted. The question is, will Jesus, who is in His glorified body, enter what is known as Jerusalem presently, which is considered unclean, when He returns?

Rev 11:8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

We are told this instead:

Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
Rev 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Rev 21:5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
Rev 21:6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
Rev 21:7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

Rev 21:10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,
Rev 21:11 Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;
Rev 21:12 And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:

Rev 21:22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.
Rev 21:23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.
Rev 21:24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.
Rev 21:25 And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.
Rev 21:26 And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.
Rev 21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

If one looks at how Jesus fulfilled all old testament prophecy, as He said Himself, then perhaps we need to stand on Scripture rather than on the doctrines of man.

Luk 24:25 Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:
Luk 24:26 Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?
Luk 24:27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

Luk 24:44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.
Luk 24:45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,

Luk 24:46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:
Luk 24:47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.
Luk 24:48 And ye are witnesses of these things.
04-14-2010, 09:36 AM
In Revelation, God calls Jerusalem, Sodom and Egypt because it is so spiritually corrupted. The question is, will Jesus, who is in His glorified body, enter what is known as Jerusalem presently, which is considered unclean, when He returns?

It's just my opinion....... However we read in the NT that he already entered Jerusalem in his glorified body.

Luke 24:15-51
John 20:17-31
John 21:1-25

Just wondering why Jerusalem presently would be considered unclean/more unclean than it was at the time of his life there?
04-14-2010, 05:11 PM
(04-14-2010 09:36 AM)carl39 Wrote:  In Revelation, God calls Jerusalem, Sodom and Egypt because it is so spiritually corrupted. The question is, will Jesus, who is in His glorified body, enter what is known as Jerusalem presently, which is considered unclean, when He returns?

It's just my opinion....... However we read in the NT that he already entered Jerusalem in his glorified body.

Just wondering why Jerusalem presently would be considered unclean/more unclean than it was at the time of his life there?

I was referring to His Second Coming. Jerusalem as the "Holy City" is no more. The New Jerusalem will replace it. Today's Jerusalem is corrupted so it is not where Jesus would enter when He returns for good.

04-15-2010, 10:50 AM
(04-14-2010 05:11 PM)sheep wrecked Wrote:  [quote='carl39' pid='5732' dateline='1271252193']
[b]In Revelation, God calls Jerusalem, Sodom and Egypt because it is so spiritually corrupted. The question is, will Jesus, who is in His glorified body, enter what is known as Jerusalem presently, which is considered unclean, when He returns?

[color=#006400][b]I was referring to His Second Coming. Jerusalem as the "Holy City" is no more. The New Jerusalem will replace it. Today's Jerusalem is corrupted so it is not where Jesus would enter when He returns for good.

I understand your reference to the second coming. When he returns to rule and reign it will be in the New Jerusalem. However, upon his resurrection after his ascenscion to his father (John 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and [to] my God, and your God.) and his subsequent return and appearing to the disciples, he had already acquired his glorified body. He remained and appeared unto many, until we read in Acts of his return to the father. Therefore, he in his glorified body was in Jerusalem. So understanding that, there really is no reason as to why he wouldn't/couldn't enter Jerusalem on his return. He is just going to rule and reign in the New Jerusalem. I have not read anything to the contrary to that. I may have missed the scripture and verse that specifically states that he cannot enter Jerusalem as it is today in deference to how it was back then.

Revelation 22:14 "Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city."
04-15-2010, 01:49 PM
(04-15-2010 10:50 AM)carl39 Wrote:  I understand your reference to the second coming. When he returns to rule and reign it will be in the New Jerusalem. However, upon his resurrection after his ascenscion to his father (John 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and [to] my God, and your God.) and his subsequent return and appearing to the disciples, he had already acquired his glorified body. He remained and appeared unto many, until we read in Acts of his return to the father. Therefore, he in his glorified body was in Jerusalem. So understanding that, there really is no reason as to why he wouldn't/couldn't enter Jerusalem on his return. He is just going to rule and reign in the New Jerusalem. I have not read anything to the contrary to that. I may have missed the scripture and verse that specifically states that he cannot enter Jerusalem as it is today in deference to how it was back then.

His appearance to His disciples was not the second return. He "appeared" to them, not to the whole world. He did not come in all His glory to Jerusalem - He was hidden from it. The angels said on His ascension that Jesus would return on the Mt of Olives, not Jerusalem. Please show me NT scripture that says Jesus will return to Jerusalem [not the New Jerusalem]

Mat 24:27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
Mat 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
Mat 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Jerusalem is called sodom and Egypt in Rev.

Rev 11:8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.
04-15-2010, 02:04 PM
(04-15-2010 01:49 PM)sheep wrecked Wrote:  
(04-15-2010 10:50 AM)carl39 Wrote:  I understand your reference to the second coming. When he returns to rule and reign it will be in the New Jerusalem. However, upon his resurrection after his ascenscion to his father (John 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and [to] my God, and your God.) and his subsequent return and appearing to the disciples, he had already acquired his glorified body. He remained and appeared unto many, until we read in Acts of his return to the father. Therefore, he in his glorified body was in Jerusalem. So understanding that, there really is no reason as to why he wouldn't/couldn't enter Jerusalem on his return. He is just going to rule and reign in the New Jerusalem. I have not read anything to the contrary to that. I may have missed the scripture and verse that specifically states that he cannot enter Jerusalem as it is today in deference to how it was back then.

His appearance to His disciples was not the second return. He "appeared" to them, not to the whole world.

[b]Correct. I never stated it was his second return. He appeared to many. Thomas was instructed to touch him. So therefore he had to have his glorified body.

He did not come in all His glory to Jerusalem - He was hidden from it. The angels said on His ascension that Jesus would return on the Mt of Olives, not Jerusalem.

Please show me NT scripture that says Jesus will return to Jerusalem [not the New Jerusalem][/b]

I never said that he would return to Jerusalem. I just pointed out the fact that he had already been in Jerusalem with his new body when appearing to the disciples. So therefore there would be nothing defiling about him going to Jerusalem today if he returned. The thread was started with the following:

My contention is that sin is sin and corruption is corruption. A person is a thief if he steals a candy bar or a million dollars. Jerusalem of old is/was not the New Jerusalem of Revelation. Therefore it was corrupt then. It remains corrupt now. He appeared in his new body in Jerusalem to his disciples then and IF he chose to do it now he could. The scriptures just say that he will return to the mount of olives.

Mat 24:27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
Mat 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
Mat 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Jerusalem is called sodom and Egypt in Rev.

Revelation 22:14 "Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city."
04-15-2010, 02:45 PM (This post was last modified: 04-15-2010 02:47 PM by sheep wrecked.)
(04-15-2010 02:04 PM)carl39 Wrote:  I never said that he would return to Jerusalem. I just pointed out the fact that he had already been in Jerusalem with his new body when appearing to the disciples. So therefore there would be nothing defiling about him going to Jerusalem today if he returned. The thread was started with the following:

That has nothing to do with Jesus returning to Jerusalem. He appeared to His disciples at certain times - He did not walk the streets of Jerusalem or make a grand entrance. You are confusing His glorified body with reigning or coming in glory to the world. The whole world will see Him return, not just Jerusalem. In other words, He is not going to enter Jerusalem to rule in the age the come - it is corrupt. Jesus comes with the New Jerusalem that is Holy, from Heaven.