Will Jesus Enter the Eastern Gate For the First Time or, Again?
04-15-2010, 02:04 PM
RE: Will Jesus Enter the Eastern Gate For the First Time or, Again?
(04-15-2010 01:49 PM)sheep wrecked Wrote:  
(04-15-2010 10:50 AM)carl39 Wrote:  I understand your reference to the second coming. When he returns to rule and reign it will be in the New Jerusalem. However, upon his resurrection after his ascenscion to his father (John 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and [to] my God, and your God.) and his subsequent return and appearing to the disciples, he had already acquired his glorified body. He remained and appeared unto many, until we read in Acts of his return to the father. Therefore, he in his glorified body was in Jerusalem. So understanding that, there really is no reason as to why he wouldn't/couldn't enter Jerusalem on his return. He is just going to rule and reign in the New Jerusalem. I have not read anything to the contrary to that. I may have missed the scripture and verse that specifically states that he cannot enter Jerusalem as it is today in deference to how it was back then.

His appearance to His disciples was not the second return. He "appeared" to them, not to the whole world.

[b]Correct. I never stated it was his second return. He appeared to many. Thomas was instructed to touch him. So therefore he had to have his glorified body.

He did not come in all His glory to Jerusalem - He was hidden from it. The angels said on His ascension that Jesus would return on the Mt of Olives, not Jerusalem.

Please show me NT scripture that says Jesus will return to Jerusalem [not the New Jerusalem][/b]

I never said that he would return to Jerusalem. I just pointed out the fact that he had already been in Jerusalem with his new body when appearing to the disciples. So therefore there would be nothing defiling about him going to Jerusalem today if he returned. The thread was started with the following:

In Revelation, God calls Jerusalem, Sodom and Egypt because it is so spiritually corrupted. The question is, will Jesus, who is in His glorified body, enter what is known as Jerusalem presently, which is considered unclean, when He returns?

My contention is that sin is sin and corruption is corruption. A person is a thief if he steals a candy bar or a million dollars. Jerusalem of old is/was not the New Jerusalem of Revelation. Therefore it was corrupt then. It remains corrupt now. He appeared in his new body in Jerusalem to his disciples then and IF he chose to do it now he could. The scriptures just say that he will return to the mount of olives.

Mat 24:27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
Mat 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
Mat 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Jerusalem is called sodom and Egypt in Rev.

Rev 11:8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

Revelation 22:14 "Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will Jesus Enter the Eastern Gate For the First Time or, Again? - carl39 - 04-15-2010 02:04 PM