What's it mean?
05-17-2009, 02:42 PM
What's it mean?
This is part of the passage relating to the time of the Gentiles being fulfilled.

Luke 21:19-24 In your patience possess ye your souls. 20. And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh. 21. Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto. 22. For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled. 23. But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people. 24. And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

So, What does it mean? 2c2

Vic
SeekGod.ca

3John 1:4 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.
Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-17-2009, 03:16 PM
RE: What's it mean?
(05-17-2009 02:42 PM)Vic Wrote:  This is part of the passage relating to the time of the Gentiles being fulfilled.

Luke 21:19-24 In your patience possess ye your souls. 20. And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh. 21. Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto. 22. For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled. 23. But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people. 24. And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

The "times of the Genitles be fulfilled" means the end of Gentile rule over Jerusalem. I don't believe that the "times of the Gentiles" was fulfilled in 1967...some believe this, but it is apparent that Jerusalem (especially the sacred site of its ancient temple) is still under control of the Muslim Arabs. It is my belief that the "times of the Gentiles" will be fulfilled at the Second Coming of Christ when He returns to this earth to reign there.

My 2c2
Find all posts by this user
07-30-2009, 08:16 PM
(05-17-2009 03:16 PM)LindaR Wrote:  
(05-17-2009 02:42 PM)Vic Wrote:  This is part of the passage relating to the time of the Gentiles being fulfilled.

The "times of the Genitles be fulfilled" means the end of Gentile rule over Jerusalem. I don't believe that the "times of the Gentiles" was fulfilled in 1967...some believe this, but it is apparent that Jerusalem (especially the sacred site of its ancient temple) is still under control of the Muslim Arabs. It is my belief that the "times of the Gentiles" will be fulfilled at the Second Coming of Christ when He returns to this earth to reign there.

My 2c2

I believe this was fulfilled in 70AD with the destruction of the Temple. The gentiles [Romans] not only destroyed the Temple but the whole city of Jerusalem was trodden down and millions of Jews were massacred and scattered.

08-05-2009, 02:50 PM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2009 02:51 PM by truthseeker.)
Here is what it says in Revelation 11:1 & 2 "And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.

But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months."

-- very similar verbage to Luke.... and all of this is the fulfillment of Daniel 9:24-27 ---- the abomination of desolation.
11-05-2009, 10:09 PM
(08-05-2009 02:50 PM)truthseeker Wrote:  Here is what it says in Revelation 11:1 & 2 "And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.

But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months."

-- very similar verbage to Luke.... and all of this is the fulfillment of Daniel 9:24-27 ---- the abomination of desolation.

That cool truthseeker. I was just reading that very scripture before I joined here. I saw the similarities too, and the fact that it says 42 months, could mean that it could be during the first half or the last half of the tribulation. Whenever it has, is or will happen, it certainly sound like it will be happening during the 7 year tribulation period.

Love ya,
11-05-2009, 10:18 PM
(11-05-2009 10:09 PM)rancherforChrist Wrote:  
(08-05-2009 02:50 PM)truthseeker Wrote:  Here is what it says in Revelation 11:1 & 2 "And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.

That cool truthseeker. I was just reading that very scripture before I joined here. I saw the similarities too, and the fact that it says 42 months, could mean that it could be during the first half or the last half of the tribulation. Whenever it has, is or will happen, it certainly sound like it will be happening during the 7 year tribulation period.

Love ya,

Chris,

I would be very interested if you could show where in Scripture it refers to a 7 yr tribulation. Thanx!
11-05-2009, 10:37 PM
(11-05-2009 10:18 PM)sheep wrecked Wrote:  

Love ya,

Chris,

I would be very interested if you could show where in Scripture it refers to a 7 yr tribulation. Thanx!

you're absolutely right. The time of tribulation may be longer or shorter than 7 years. It would have been more appropriate for me to say, during the seven year treaty period, during which there will obviously be some tribulation for believers. I'll list below, a few scriptures where it speaks of the 3 1/2 year periods. Hopefully the time of tribulation will indeed be shortened for sake of the elect.

Daniel 7:25
He shall speak pompous words against the Most High, Shall persecute the saints of the Most High, And shall intend to change times and law. Then the saints shall be given into his hand For a time and times and half a time.

Daniel 12:7
Then I heard the man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand to heaven, and swore by Him who lives forever, that it shall be for a time, times, and half a time; and when the power of the holy people has been completely shattered, all these things shall be finished.

Revelation 12:14
But the woman was given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness to her place, where she is nourished for a time and times and half a time, from the presence of the serpent.
11-05-2009, 10:51 PM
(11-05-2009 10:37 PM)rancherforChrist Wrote:  

Love ya,

Chris,

you're absolutely right. The time of tribulation may be longer or shorter than 7 years. It would have been more appropriate for me to say, during the seven year treaty period, during which there will obviously be some tribulation for believers. I'll list below, a few scriptures where it speaks of the 3 1/2 year periods. Hopefully the time of tribulation will indeed be shortened for sake of the elect.

He shall speak pompous words against the Most High, Shall persecute the saints of the Most High, And shall intend to change times and law. Then the saints shall be given into his hand For a time and times and half a time.

Then I heard the man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand to heaven, and swore by Him who lives forever, that it shall be for a time, times, and half a time; and when the power of the holy people has been completely shattered, all these things shall be finished.

But the woman was given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness to her place, where she is nourished for a time and times and half a time, from the presence of the serpent.

Thanx for the Scripts, Chris. But none of those Scriptures say "seven years", nor do they speak of "The Tribulation".

From what I gather, the "7 year trib" is made up of man's interpretation of those verses, not what the Word actually states. Do you agree?
11-05-2009, 11:16 PM
(11-05-2009 10:51 PM)sheep wrecked Wrote:  
(11-05-2009 10:37 PM)rancherforChrist Wrote:  

Love ya,

Chris,

Thanx for the Scripts, Chris. But none of those Scriptures say "seven years", nor do they speak of "The Tribulation".

From what I gather, the "7 year trib" is made up of man's interpretation of those verses, not what the Word actually states. Do you agree?

Maybe we just don't define tribulation the same.

Daniel 7:25 all sounds like pretty severe tribulation to me. Just because it doesn't use the word tribulation, doesn't mean that it isn't.

Love ya,
Chris
11-06-2009, 06:51 PM
(11-05-2009 11:16 PM)rancherforChrist Wrote:  Maybe we just don't define tribulation the same.

Daniel 7:25 all sounds like pretty severe tribulation to me. Just because it doesn't use the word tribulation, doesn't mean that it isn't.

Love ya,
Chris

While I agree that it is tribulation to be persecuted, I am curious how this is considered "THE Tribulation" of 7 years from "a time and times and a half time"? I have never really grasped that Sos