Preparations for a Third Temple in Jerusalem
12-19-2008, 03:24 PM
Preparations for a Third Temple in Jerusalem
Headlines from Israel News-in 2007--Temple Institute Announces: High Priest's Crown is Ready! http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/124443

Three groups of devout Jews, The Jerusalem Temple Foundation, To the Mountain of the Lord, and The Faithful of the Temple Mount combined their forces to plan for and build the Third Temple.

The Temple Institute began building the sacred vessels to be used in the planned Third Temple.

For some it is merely a political statement not a religious or spiritual one. However, to establish a Third Temple also means instituting a new priesthood, Temple sacrifices and offerings, the appointment of a king from the house of David, and so on.

From a Christian and Scriptural standpoint--what does this mean? Why do some Christians and Messianics support it and others reject it?

Vic
SeekGod.ca

3John 1:4 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.
Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-24-2008, 02:44 AM
RE: Preparations for a Third Temple in Jerusalem
I believe it will happen, as the Antichrist will enter the temple to stop the sacrifice (Daniel). But I see no need to support it. It will happen in God's own good time. There is the small problem of that Moslem shrine on the site. I imagine that God will stop them from starting their plan to build the 3rd temple while the chance of provoking nuclear war is real.

Perhaps islam has to fall first. That could be centuries away, but I am prepared to wait that long. My reading of Matthew 24 permits this
12-24-2008, 04:16 PM (This post was last modified: 12-24-2008 04:17 PM by sheep wrecked.)
(12-24-2008 02:44 AM)strefanash Wrote:  I believe it will happen, as the Antichrist will enter the temple to stop the sacrifice (Daniel). But I see no need to support it. It will happen in God's own good time. There is the small problem of that Moslem shrine on the site. I imagine that God will stop them from starting their plan to build the 3rd temple while the chance of provoking nuclear war is real.

Perhaps islam has to fall first. That could be centuries away, but I am prepared to wait that long. My reading of Matthew 24 permits this

The Third Temple as seen through the eyes of Rabbinic Judaism [link below] - who are in process of preparing the priestly clothing and artifacts within the Temple, such as the 7 branch Menora and the gold utensils which are already done - for the third temple.

A red heifer was born spotless a couple of years ago - it's ashes are needed to purify the Temple once it's built - but apparently it popped a few white hairs, so now they have to wait for another one to be born.

http://www.templeinstitute.org/main.htm
Find all posts by this user
12-29-2008, 12:29 PM
(12-24-2008 04:16 PM)sheep wrecked Wrote:  
(12-24-2008 02:44 AM)strefanash Wrote:  I believe it will happen, as the Antichrist will enter the temple to stop the sacrifice (Daniel). But I see no need to support it. It will happen in God's own good time. There is the small problem of that Moslem shrine on the site. I imagine that God will stop them from starting their plan to build the 3rd temple while the chance of provoking nuclear war is real.

The Third Temple as seen through the eyes of Rabbinic Judaism [link below] - who are in process of preparing the priestly clothing and artifacts within the Temple, such as the 7 branch Menora and the gold utensils which are already done - for the third temple.

A red heifer was born spotless a couple of years ago - it's ashes are needed to purify the Temple once it's built - but apparently it popped a few white hairs, so now they have to wait for another one to be born.

http://www.templeinstitute.org/main.htm

I just heard the Sanhedrin has proposed to build the temple sections off site, so when all is ready, they can pop it in to place and begin the sacrifices. That will sure speed up the process!

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
Galatians 2:20
03-08-2010, 11:45 AM
(12-24-2008 02:44 AM)strefanash Wrote:  I believe it will happen, as the Antichrist will enter the temple to stop the sacrifice (Daniel).

I see this is an old post and I'm not sure if strefanash still posts here because I see he/she is 'unregistered'.

I would however like to share a few thoughts on the above quote and get some feedback. I apologize if this is a bit off topic.

I presume that strefanash is speaking of Dan 9:27.

KJV:

Dan 9:26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof [shall be] with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
Dan 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make [it] desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

I know many percieve that the "the prince that shall come" in verse 26 to be the AC...............but............... is it possible that this prince is actually the Messiah, Jesus Christ......... and HE is the one who is going to put an end to the animal sacrifices that are an abomination unto desolation? That it will be HIS people, the saints, that destroy the city and the sanctuary?

Please consider these verses (my comments are in pink, not to add to God's Word, but to explain how I understand these verse):

Dan 7:25 And he (antichrist) shall speak [great] words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High (Body of Christ), and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.
Dan 7:26 But the judgment shall sit, and they (the saints) shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy [it] unto the end.
Dan 7:27 And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom [is] an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.

So it appears to me that in verse 26 we are told that the saints are going to take away the AC dominion and consume and destroy it "unto the end". This appears to be at Christ's return.

Jud 1:14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,
Jud 1:15 To execute judgment upon all
, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard [speeches] which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

Rev 19:2 For true and righteous [are] his judgments: for he hath judged the great *****, which did corrupt the earth with her fornication, and hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand.

Rev 19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him [was] called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
Rev 19:12 His eyes [were] as a flame of fire, and on his head [were] many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
Rev 19:13 And he [was] clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
Rev 19:14 And the armies [which were] in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
Rev 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

Rev 20:4 ΒΆ And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and [I saw] the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received [his] mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

I don't claim to be 100% correct.......................just some thoughts.

Peace and God bless in Christ,
luki
05-30-2010, 12:15 PM
(12-19-2008 03:24 PM)Vic Wrote:  Headlines from Israel News-in 2007--Temple Institute Announces: High Priest's Crown is Ready! http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/124443

Three groups of devout Jews, The Jerusalem Temple Foundation, To the Mountain of the Lord, and The Faithful of the Temple Mount combined their forces to plan for and build the Third Temple.

The Temple Institute began building the sacred vessels to be used in the planned Third Temple.

For some it is merely a political statement not a religious or spiritual one. However, to establish a Third Temple also means instituting a new priesthood, Temple sacrifices and offerings, the appointment of a king from the house of David, and so on.

From a Christian and Scriptural standpoint--what does this mean? Why do some Christians and Messianics support it and others reject it?

It would be my guess that they support it because they feel that when it is built the return of Jesus will be imminent and the building of it will usher in His return. What is the scripture that says He will return to His place.

It won't do any good (IMHO) to rebuild it unless they can find the ashes of the Red Heifer. In Robert Reiland's book "Jesus and the Thrid Temple", he says that the ashes of all subsequent heifers since the time of Moses must be found. When they performed the Red Heifer ceremony, the ashes of the heifer they were offering had to be mixed with the ashes of heifers that had been slain for the ceremony since the time of Moses.

I can't remember the name of the man that is looking for them (he's a Christian pastor) along with the Israelis.
05-30-2010, 12:52 PM
Quote:It would be my guess that they support it because they feel that when it is built, the return of Jesus will be imminent and the building of it will usher in His return. What is the scripture that says He will return to His place.

Jazzy ,I'm not sure if this is the verse you mean?

Act 1:9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.
Act 1:10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;
Act 1:11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.
Act 1:12 Then returned they unto Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is from Jerusalem a sabbath day's journey.

I have in the past been given these verses in support for the belief that Jesus is returning to the Mount of Olives.
Well all I see from the above verses are that it says that he will return in the same way He was taken up.He was taken up and a cloud received him out of their sight,the etxt says.Thus maybe He will reappear out of the clouds.
However I can't see from this text that it says He returns to the same place ie Mount of Olives.That in my opinion is adding to what it says since it tells us of the manner in which He will return but not to where.It doesnt say that He will return to that location which we know from verse 12 was Mount of Olives.
I checked the other Gospels and none give further info.
05-30-2010, 02:23 PM (This post was last modified: 05-30-2010 02:25 PM by jazzy.)
(05-30-2010 12:52 PM)Rose of Shushan Wrote:  Jazzy ,I'm not sure if this is the verse you mean?

Act 1:9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.
Act 1:10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;
Act 1:11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.
Act 1:12 Then returned they unto Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is from Jerusalem a sabbath day's journey.

I have in the past been given these verses in support for the belief that Jesus is returning to the Mount of Olives.
Well all I see from the above verses are that it says that he will return in the same way He was taken up.He was taken up and a cloud received him out of their sight,the etxt says.Thus maybe He will reappear out of the clouds.
However I can't see from this text that it says He returns to the same place ie Mount of Olives.That in my opinion is adding to what it says since it tells us of the manner in which He will return but not to where.It doesnt say that He will return to that location which we know from verse 12 was Mount of Olives.
I checked the other Gospels and none give further info.

Hi Rose! I agree about the Acts passage, it to me means that Jesus will return the same way he left in His glorified body. It would seem from Zechariah 4:4 that Jesus will return to the Mt. of Olives:

And his feet shall stand that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

I think the passage I'm thinking of is in the OT, possibley the Minor Prophets, guess I'll have to put some thinking 89 into this.