Sacrifices Re-Instituted in the Third Temple
06-07-2010, 05:51 PM
RE: Sacrifices Re-Instituted in the Third Temple
(06-07-2010 05:30 PM)jazzy Wrote:  I told you what my source was.

"My Bible Dictionary" is not a source. A source has a title and author. If your source does not agree with Hebrew scholars and experts in the Hebrew language, then you need to dig a little deeper for the "real deal" 17434
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-07-2010, 05:56 PM
(06-07-2010 05:30 PM)jazzy Wrote:  My bible dictionary says that the Heb. word "pesah" (from pasah) means to "leap over", not passover lamb.

Quote:Like I told sheep, "My bible dictionary says that the Heb. word "pesah" (from pasah) means to "leap over", not passover lamb".

Not all the prophets saw nor did they understand the same things down through history but, interestingly, some of them did see the millenium. trying to compare what we know now with what will be the norm in the millenium age is like comparing apples and oranges.

Quote:I told you what my source was.

No you didn't Jazzy. What is the NAME of YOUR Bible Dictionary that you appear to be quoting from. Name, author, publisher??Just because you have a source that says something, doesn't mean it is correct or you are interpreting it correctly btw.

Vic
SeekGod.ca

3John 1:4 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.
Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-07-2010, 07:39 PM (This post was last modified: 06-07-2010 07:41 PM by jazzy.)
(06-07-2010 05:56 PM)Vic Wrote:  
(06-07-2010 05:30 PM)jazzy Wrote:  My bible dictionary says that the Heb. word "pesah" (from pasah) means to "leap over", not passover lamb.

Quote:Like I told sheep, "My bible dictionary says that the Heb. word "pesah" (from pasah) means to "leap over", not passover lamb".

Not all the prophets saw nor did they understand the same things down through history but, interestingly, some of them did see the millenium. trying to compare what we know now with what will be the norm in the millenium age is like comparing apples and oranges.

Quote:I told you what my source was.

No you didn't Jazzy. What is the NAME of YOUR Bible Dictionary that you appear to be quoting from. Name, author, publisher??Just because you have a source that says something, doesn't mean it is correct or you are interpreting it correctly btw.

Unger's
06-07-2010, 08:18 PM
Ungers?

Which one? The original version or the New? I would really like you to quote the whole passage concerning passover please where this is referenced with any related information concernign the words. And please provide all copyright data. Thank you.

Vic
SeekGod.ca

3John 1:4 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.
Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-02-2011, 03:49 PM (This post was last modified: 09-02-2011 08:21 PM by Vic.)
For the first time in history! The exact model of the Third Temple on the prophecy of Ezekiel has been created.

Ezekiel's Temple is located 30 km south of Jerusalem, 14 km to the west of Ein Gedi, near the height of 511 m with coordinates 31°29'13"N, 35°14'33"E.

{Edited by Vic >>> please read the forum rules. Newbies are not allowed to post links until after 50 posts. Please do not spam with links to photos, videos and your articles. Thank you.}
07-30-2013, 08:33 AM (This post was last modified: 07-30-2013 08:38 AM by Craig.)
What Temple?

no temple therein
the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it

And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God Revelation 21:10

And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it. Revelation 21:22

...for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name. Psalm 138:2
04-18-2014, 12:37 AM
Wow! I had no idea.
Nevertheless, the Bible tells use this is not so. One of the first comments read in this tread mentioned the Order of Melchisedeck and that is quite right. Jesus ended the covenant that Israel was under. He rent the curtain that concealed the Holy of Holies. That means no more valid sacrifice, no more Levitical Priest interceding with God on mans behalf. Catholics have the same issue. Here is the briefest answer:

Sola scriptura: “Scripture alone”
Sola fide: “faith alone”
Sola gratia: “grace alone”
Solo Christo: “Christ alone”
Soli Deo gloria: “to the glory of God alone”
04-18-2014, 07:57 AM
(05-19-2009 12:52 PM)sheep wrecked Wrote:  It is my understanding that a good share of Messianic believers are expecting sacrifices to again be offered in the Third Temple --- with Jesus Christ "officiating" over them. Some have stated that He will be doing the sacrifices Himself as the "High Priest" Swoon

These theories are based in Ezekiel 40-48. Does Ez really prophesy that the sacrificial system will be re-implemented? How can the sacrifices be offered under the order of Melchizedek when God set them up under the Levitical line?

Stirthepot

Th_ththink

ThsignA

Shalom,
There will be a third Temple - but God does not want it - nor does He build it. Rather, the false Jewish messiah will come and express his desire and promise to build the temple.
Those 'messianics' who mix Law and Grace - Moses and Jesus - see no problem with continuing blood offerings. They are deceived!
The Covenant of the Law (though it may remain) is passed for the believer in Yah-Shuah. We walk by the new and living way - by the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus.
The New Covenant is not a 'renewed' OC - that it is a matter of geography - 'where' the Law is now - 'I will write it upon their hearts.' It is Not like the covenant I made with their fathers..a covenant which they broke.
The OC is a covenant of works. The NC is based on the work of Christ. And all, J & G, are redeemed based on faith in God's grace in Christ - which is the true and only blood offering.
Paul said, 'If I rebuild what I once destroyed, I prove myself a transgressor.' Gal2. God has destroyed the temple of stone, and put an end to the priesthood of Levy. The 3rd temple will be sin to Israel.

Micha'l