Left Behind and the Pre's vs the Post's
05-19-2009, 04:09 PM
Left Behind and the Pre's vs the Post's
I wanted to start a thread on the Left Behind franchise and what the pre-trib and post-trib factions think of it, but I have zero idea under which sub-forum to post it. (I couldn't believe the quantity of Left Behind paraphernalia--books, movies, spinoffs et cetera--that I found listed at the bottom of the Wikipedia page. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left_Behind
I wish I could recall the verse about with feigned words making merchandise of believers.)

HOSTIS HVMANI GENERIS
[Image: 2vtwd1i.jpg]

VISUALIZE WORLD WAR
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-19-2009, 04:20 PM
RE: Left Behind and the Pre's vs the Post's
(05-19-2009 04:09 PM)YYZ Skinhead Wrote:  I wanted to start a thread on the Left Behind franchise and what the pre-trib and post-trib factions think of it, but I have zero idea under which sub-forum to post it. (I couldn't believe the quantity of Left Behind paraphernalia--books, movies, spinoffs et cetera--that I found listed at the bottom of the Wikipedia page. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left_Behind
I wish I could recall the verse about with feigned words making merchandise of believers.)

Is this what you were looking for?Blue1

2 Peter 2:1-3 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. 2. And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. 3. And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

Vic
SeekGod.ca

3John 1:4 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.
Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
05-19-2009, 04:40 PM (This post was last modified: 05-19-2009 04:40 PM by YYZ Skinhead.)
(05-19-2009 04:20 PM)Vic Wrote:  Is this what you were looking for?Blue1

2 Peter 2:1-3 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. 2. And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. 3. And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

Yep! If that 2000-year-old prophecy doesn't describe the Left Behind franchise I dunno what does. 6788

HOSTIS HVMANI GENERIS

VISUALIZE WORLD WAR
05-19-2009, 06:06 PM (This post was last modified: 05-19-2009 06:08 PM by sheep wrecked.)
I saw the movie, "Left Behind" several years ago back when I was still a rapturist. I thought the movie was goofy then and goofier now. It is so unrealistic it's hard to believe that people have accepted this movie as accurate of endtimes events Smilies-34787

I can still see the folded clothes with a cross necklace laying on top. That was a real tip off to the idiocy of the movie. I don't have too many other memories of it - as you can see it made a real impact on me Popcorn

The question that I have is the implication that believers in all walks of life are zapped out of here - leaving terror, destruction, and mass death in the wake due to unmanned planes, buses, cars, trains, boats, etc. I wonder how the anti-christ will bring order to this chaos when people in every faction of government, business, banks, and the military, etc will leave behind such confusion that the world will spin out of control. Somehow I just don't see that in Scripture anywhere Smilies-34791

A little on Tim LaHay from Vic's Website:

Quote:From the Seek God article Putting it Together, from the series, Taking the Name, the Mark & the Number:

"It should be very obvious that no Christian could take a mark, chip or tattoo or any other thing in their forehead, hand or arm.

However, that thinking is being usurped by the false doctrine found throughout CNP member Tim LaHaye's un-Biblical Left Behind fictional series.

People are being duped into thinking that if they have the Holy Spirit they can actually take the mark. Unbelievable, except far too many go by what they are told the Bible says, instead of reading it themselves...."

Moonie Connections: "LaHaye held the position of paid chairman with Sun Myung Moon's 7 now defunct Coalition for Religious Freedom (CRF). (Moon is the founder of the Unification Church, 8 and is the self-proclaimed Messiah to the world. He teaches the particularly vile heresy that not only did Jesus fail in His earthly ministry, but that He had sex with the women who followed Him.) (Reported in the November 1990 Omega-Letter and the 1Q96, Religion in Politics.)

Coalition for Religious Freedom [CRF] 9 : Started by Rep. George Hansen in 1984. CRF Executive committee members have included Tim LaHaye , Jerry Falwell, James Robison; Rex Humbard, D. James Kennedy, and Jimmy Swaggart. "...According to CRF president Dan Sills, [CRF] has received at least $500,000 from Moon sources. A prominent CRF spokesperson and executive committee member is Joseph Paige...Paige received $60,000 from the Unification Church for his school, which in turn gave Moon a much publicized honorary doctorate. Paige is also active in CAUSA." [1986] "the Moon organization opened an international front in its 'religious freedom" campaign. According to Moon's New York City Tribune , the World Council on Religious Liberty (WCRL) was founded in December 1986...The Chairman of WCRL is Joseph Paige, and its " Chairman of the North American Caucus is Don Sills. They have recruited Dr. Robert G. Muller, assistant Secretary general of the United Nations as chairman of the Council's International Advisory Committee. The Council's headquarters are in Raleigh, North Carolina, which is also home to Paige's Shaw Divinity School." 10.

For Dr. Robert G. Muller See: World Vision: Global Education; Letter

Biblical Discernment Ministries reported: "In June, 1985, CRF held several rallies, one of which was in Washington, D.C. There LaHaye urged the over 300 men and women present to support Moon by voluntarily going to jail with him for a week if allowed to do so by authorities. "Not that I agree with his doctrine," said LaHaye. "Not that I agree with what he teaches, because many of us don't know what he teaches. We have only read about it in the paper and you know how much we can trust the papers." (Evidently LaHaye is unaware of the many books and research papers made available by Christian cult investigators. Certainly the newspapers aren't the only source of information.) Other so-called evangelicals that served with LaHaye at CRF as executive committee and/or advisory board members were [CNP's] Don Wildmon (founder and president of the social activist American Family Association), [CNP's] Marlin Maddoux (Point Of View nationwide radio talk show host), Paul Crouch (TBN Network's infamous founder), Hal Lindsey, [CNP's] James Robison, Jimmy Swaggart, and [CNP's] Dr. D. James Kennedy (author and pastor of Coral Ridge Presbyterian Church in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida) -- an agenda of social activism certainly makes for strange ecumenical bedfellows. [In a personal letter dated 6/3/93, LaHaye claims to have never received any pay for his stint as CRF's "temporary chairman for a month and a half." LaHaye seems to be saying, "It's okay to serve on the Board of an apostate organization as long as you don't accept pay for it."]

"LaHaye's involvement with Moon is particularly vile. In 1985, Carolyn Weaver, writing for Mother Jones Magazine, exposed the fact that LaHaye had received substantial funds from Moon's aid Bo Hi Park. This was discovered in a tape of a dictated thank you letter from LaHaye, thanking Park for a contribution in excess of $500,000. LaHaye would not admit or deny the receipt of the contribution, instead he attacked the source of the information. (Reported in the 1Q96, Religion in Politics.)" ....Moon held a Washington Family Federation for World Peace conference in late-1996 that attracted a gaggle of famous "evangelical" speakers, including Christian Coalition executive director Ralph Reed (now a political consultant), Family Research Council president Gary Bauer, and Concerned Women for America president Beverly LaHaye. Moon and his fourth wife also addressed the conference, which attracted 1,500 participants from around the globe."11

Tim LaHaye formed the Pre-Trib Research Center (PTRC)1994, (originally headquartered in Family Life Seminar's Washington, D.C. offices, but moved to Arlington, Texas in the late-1990s), made up of a "large group of prophetic Bible scholars given a sacred task of joining with others in proclaiming, teaching, defending, and applying the doctrine of the Pretribulational Rapture of the Church."

for the complete article:
http://www.seekgod.ca/cnp.l.htm#tlahaye

Busted Sign0007
Find all posts by this user
05-19-2009, 06:26 PM
I thought there was something scary about LaHaye but his apparent working relationship with Moon makes him about a billion times scarier. That alone ought to send Christians running. Jumping-smiley-011

HOSTIS HVMANI GENERIS

VISUALIZE WORLD WAR
05-19-2009, 09:04 PM
(05-19-2009 06:26 PM)YYZ Skinhead Wrote:  I thought there was something scary about LaHaye but his apparent working relationship with Moon makes him about a billion times scarier. That alone ought to send Christians running. Jumping-smiley-011

All you can do sometimes is present the facts and pray that God opens their eyes. I have discovered that many people don't really want the truth - they're just looking for answers to confirm their own theologies.

Th_ththink
05-19-2009, 11:24 PM
(05-19-2009 09:04 PM)sheep wrecked Wrote:  All you can do sometimes is present the facts and pray that God opens their eyes. I have discovered that many people don't really want the truth - they're just looking for answers to confirm their own theologies.

Th_ththink

totally agree 8836
07-29-2009, 01:10 AM
I regard the left behind books as trash. I looked at one once. it was heavy handed and badly written, exactly what you would expect from religious propaganda. So as art it scored a sero, and as theology it scores the same, for i have been post trib for some time.

As for LaHaye himself, i recall it was he who got infatutated with the 4 temperaments, a theory of pagan greek philosophy, and wrote book on that, all sloppy and superficially thougt out. EVen though i am utterly archetypical a melancholic temperament according to his thought, it is easy to pick logical holes in his stuff.

As I wrote once (i write aphorisms): "you dont make LaHaye when the Son shines"
07-29-2009, 12:56 PM
(07-29-2009 01:10 AM)Strefanash Wrote:  As I wrote once (i write aphorisms): "you dont make LaHaye when the Son shines"

Sign0142
12-14-2009, 01:00 PM
(05-19-2009 04:09 PM)YYZ Skinhead Wrote:  I wanted to start a thread on the Left Behind franchise and what the pre-trib and post-trib factions think of it, but I have zero idea under which sub-forum to post it. (I couldn't believe the quantity of Left Behind paraphernalia--books, movies, spinoffs et cetera--that I found listed at the bottom of the Wikipedia page. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left_Behind

Interesting that Jesus said: But he that "is left behind" shall be saved."

Matthew 10:22 reads "But he that ENDURETH to the end shall be saved".

The word "endureth" is "Hupomeno" Stong's Concordance, Greek, entry # 5278. It means to "tarry behind".