Did Peter's Vision of the Sheet Mean People & Food?
01-05-2009, 03:29 PM
RE: Mark 7:19 from other thread
(01-05-2009 02:24 PM)Emjesown Wrote: Hello
It's been my experience that those pushing the food issue seem to mostly focus on pork as their sacred cow so to speak--some likely forget the rest of the list they are supposedly adhering to.
In their eyes the whole world must be eating pork unless they are in HR and "obeying" the law--which they don't keep despite claims they do.
That is totally provable simply by going through the laws and all that pertains to them. They can claim keeping them all when we see pigs fly.
I believe many people eat according to what is readily available in their culture. I hope I never have to eat the things on the list, but if we have no food and that's what God provides we will receive it with thanksgiving.
To not do so would be like being in the wilderness and eating manna etc and complaining that what God provided for us, simply wasn't good enough, just as they did. So many lessons to learn from....
Either we believe God provides all we have, including food or we negate it by refusing what He provides.
(2) Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
(3) Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
(4) For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:
(5) For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.
(6) If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereunto thou hast attained.
Do you think that the Holy Spirit forgot the list you mentioned when James and the apostles agreed with this?
Act 15:18 Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world.
Act 15:19 Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God:
Act 15:20 But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.
(28) For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;
(29) That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.
When people say we are required to do what Moses said, do you suppose they miss what happens to people who focus on the laws of Moses-which were given by God-- instead of Christ and the New Covenant and all it encompasses?
Joh 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
Joh 5:46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me.
Joh 6:32 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven.
(14) But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.
(15) But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.
(16) Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.
(17) Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
(23) But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
(24) God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
3John 1:4 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.
Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)