General questions for former Messianics
08-11-2009, 10:14 AM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2009 10:16 AM by SheitlQueen.)
RE: General questions for former Messianics
Quote:James is establishing what it is for the first time, "Love your neighbor as thyself".
How can he be "establishing it for the first time" when this is a direct quote from the Torah?
Leviticus 19:18 18. You shall neither take revenge from nor bear a grudge against the members of your people; you shall love your neighbor as yourself. I am the Lord
Quote:Mat 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
This too is quoted from the Torah:
4. Hear, O Israel: The Lord is our God; the Lord is one.
5. And you shall love the Lord, your God, with all your heart and with all your soul, and with all your means.
6. And these words, which I command you this day, shall be upon your heart.
7. And you shall teach them to your sons and speak of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk on the way, and when you lie down and when you rise up.
8. And you shall bind them for a sign upon your hand, and they shall be for ornaments between your eyes.
9. And you shall inscribe them upon the doorposts of your house and upon your gates.
So neither of these are original with Jesus, but simply him quoting Torah:
Quote:For Jesus said the following:
you have never heard of the Royal Law connected with the ten commandments which would make sense. Indeed, Jewish people have never heard of the Royal Law, period.
You have heard of Loving your Neighbor as Yourself, but not as connected to the term, "Royal Law"[/qutoe]
That is correct.
|Messages In This Thread|
RE: General questions for former Messianics - Paul22 - 11-28-2011, 04:15 AM
RE: General questions for former Messianics - SheitlQueen - 08-11-2009 10:14 AM
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)