What is God's Learning Channel?
07-10-2009, 04:26 PM
RE: What is God's Learning Channel?
(07-10-2009 04:16 PM)grafted Wrote:  I am not doubting you, but I would like to see more sources showing the same. If you can provide them that would excellent, and would shorten my Google searching.

I am not sure what you are wanting, grafted. When I have researched I have quoted directly from source--example, teaching kabbalah by whoever---and shown that it is the kabbalah....

Are you looking for others to refute HR and draw the same conclusions? Or looking for per topic refutation, for example, ephraim as discussed in this or the Chumney thread? All my research from a broad based discussion--the To Embrace Hebrew Roots series adn The Spreading Hebrew Roots series, versus research on individuals is well documented. What exactly are you looking for in terms of information or questions or topics?
Thinking2

Vic
SeekGod.ca

3John 1:4 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.
Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2009, 02:17 AM
In a nutshell I am looking for as much information (pro/con) that is out there, e.g. other sources, (recall the car crash witness analogy,) along with topic-topic when available.

I have found sites, (including Messianic, {e.g. The Messianic Defense League.}) which are against both Rood and Monte Judah.
A Google search on these two provided a wealth of "additional" information, (car crash witness analogy,) in that information regarding them and their teachings were able to be viewed from numerous points, with the majority of them strongly concurring that these were two are false.

Mat 10:34 "Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword.
07-11-2009, 03:46 PM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2009 03:52 PM by sheep wrecked.)
(07-11-2009 02:17 AM)grafted Wrote:  In a nutshell I am looking for as much information (pro/con) that is out there, e.g. other sources, (recall the car crash witness analogy,) along with topic-topic when available.

I have found sites, (including Messianic, {e.g. The Messianic Defense League.}) which are against both Rood and Monte Judah.
A Google search on these two provided a wealth of "additional" information, (car crash witness analogy,) in that information regarding them and their teachings were able to be viewed from numerous points, with the majority of them strongly concurring that these were two are false.

Your car crash witness analogy does not work for your hypothesis. It is not a matter of seeing who is at fault via witnesses. This is a train wreck where people get on board a false movement rolling merrily along when the train nose dives over a cliff going a 100 miles per hour 620

Finding Messianic sites to find out if a teacher is false or not is like going to a prison and asking incarcerated inmates who is guilty and who is innocent of their crimes Th_ththink

You need to get off paltalk and get into the Word of God instead of listening to the likes of Mr Messianic Defense League, who has so much junk it's like wading through a compost pile - everything stinks Sign0137

In other words - get grounded in the Word of God so you can tell when teachers are making it up as they go along or are preaching Christ crucified. If there is more to it than that - run, do not walk in the opposite direction Snapoutofit

hint: I will save you some time - ALL Messianic teachers are false. Quit playing with fire, you are going to get fried Jumping-smiley-011

THE BEST HINT OF ALL:

Readbible
Find all posts by this user
01-08-2010, 12:34 AM
GLC was how I was introduced to the hebrew roots stuff, I live in a small town and we don't have all that many christian channels just glc and insp, and I was very put off by some of the insp shows they seemed to preach to much about money, I do believe in giveing but there are sometimes when I felt that's all they talked about so when I seen we had glc I watched they did not talk about money very much and they did talk about the news and end time things and Israel and the Jews. I have wanted to bless Israel and the Jews because I believe they are very dear to the Lord, so I felt if they are important to God they should also be important to me. I felt like God weeps for Israel and his people kind of like someone crying for there family that refuse's him. But now I'm confused as to there teaching stuff and why they have teachers on that are teaching stuff that is not biblical, I hope to think maybe they don't know because it is masked and unless we know about what kabbala teaching is we don't know that is what is beening taught. however I did feel a check in my spirit surely they would too, but I pushed it away and thought it's me. sorry to go on and on I just needed to get this out
01-08-2010, 11:29 AM
(01-08-2010 12:34 AM)abide Wrote:  GLC was how I was introduced to the hebrew roots stuff, I live in a small town and we don't have all that many christian channels just glc and insp, and I was very put off by some of the insp shows they seemed to preach to much about money, I do believe in giveing but there are sometimes when I felt that's all they talked about so when I seen we had glc I watched they did not talk about money very much and they did talk about the news and end time things and Israel and the Jews. I have wanted to bless Israel and the Jews because I believe they are very dear to the Lord, so I felt if they are important to God they should also be important to me. I felt like God weeps for Israel and his people kind of like someone crying for there family that refuse's him. But now I'm confused as to there teaching stuff and why they have teachers on that are teaching stuff that is not biblical, I hope to think maybe they don't know because it is masked and unless we know about what kabbala teaching is we don't know that is what is beening taught. however I did feel a check in my spirit surely they would too, but I pushed it away and thought it's me. sorry to go on and on I just needed to get this out

Hi abide, Friend

I don't think you need to feel embarrassed or whatever. I think you do need to vent, and also just say where you are at. That you became snared through GLC is not a surprise, which is what we had been trying to convey in the discussion. Hebrew Roots does not lead to Jesus Christ but away from Him. They do know what they are teaching--albeit poorly. They do know when they use the Talmud or Zohar concepts. Those are specific books. If they don't recognise it, they aren't qualified to be teaching what they don't understand. You don't just come up with the content on your own. You have to learn it. As with many deceptions, the reality of it is kept hidden. That is why what we believe must abide the Word of God. 6788

Blessing Israel or Jews means to share Jesus Christ with them as God leads. Many believe that, because of skewing the Scriptures, that they don't need to witness to the Jews because in the end "all" will be saved--all those who rejected Christ will believe Him when they see HIm come. THey--and all mankind who reject Him will mourn-not rejoice, as all who love Him will. Huge difference. Salvation is offered to all mankind, Jews and Gentiles. All must choose.

Whether God weeps for those who reject HIm, I don't know. I know those who reject HIm will feel His wrath when all is said and done. Sign0171

Whether the GLC owners know the Scriptures well enough to recognise error is debateable. Because we are not to promote false teachers or false teachings---just because some might want to hear it. THe $$$ is not an excuse in God's eyes.

However, lets look at your purpose to watch it. You know, it doesn't matter where we live and what access we might have to various tv programs. What matters is studying God's Word to show ourselves approved.

2 Timothy 2:14-17 Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers. 15. Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 16. But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness. 17. And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus;

Meaning able to discern between good and evil--what's of God and what's a deception. We don't need tv for that. We need to pray and seek understanding from God Himself. The Holy Spirit was given to give us understanding so we don't rely on others but Him.[/b]

Hebrews 5:12-14 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat. 13. For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe. 14. But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

1 John 2:26-28 These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you. 27. But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him. 28. And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.

1 Corinthians 2:12-16 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. 13. Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14. But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15. But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. 16. For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

1 John 2:18-23 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time. 19. They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us. 20. But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things. 21. I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth. 22. Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. 23. Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

You need to understand that as the foundational beliefs are stripped away by the teachings of HR 'teachers', you will find they do not preach Jesus of the Scriptures but another 'Jesus' which they won't call Jesus but some made up name. Because they believe the Jesus we know is God manifest in the flesh---is pagan, a pagan god, the abomination...and you need to think---is that the Jesus you have known as Savior and Lord.

Colossians 2:6-9 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him: 7. Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving. 8. Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. 9. For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

I am glad you are here, abide. There are many that have been where you are now. Many lose who they are in Christ, and get confused about what to believe because of HR. God is not the author of confusion. Rest and abide in Christ, and know that when you came to Jesus at 9 years old, He began a work in you that He will finish. 47b20s0

Romans 8:28-39 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. 29. For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. 30. Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified. 31. What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? 32. He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things? 33. Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth. 34. Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us. 35. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 36. As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. 37. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. 38. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, 39. Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Vic
SeekGod.ca

Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
01-08-2010, 01:30 PM
Quote:I have wanted to bless Israel and the Jews because I believe they are very dear to the Lord, so I felt if they are important to God they should also be important to me. I felt like God weeps for Israel and his people kind of like someone crying for there family that refuse's him.

Reading this makes me think of many things.
First off they are important to God yes but so are non jewish people.Remember the story of Jonah who was called to be prophet to the Assyrians? Jonah was upset because the evil Assyrians who had caused his people so much grief had repented.And would not be receiving their just dues, ie punishment. Yet God stressed to Jonah how much He cared for them.My point is that God cares about all peoples not just descendants of Jacob.

Isa 11:10 And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.
Isa 11:11 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall set his hand again the second time to recover the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria, and from Egypt, and from Pathros, and from Cush, and from Elam, and from Shinar, and from Hamath, and from the islands of the sea.
Isa 11:12 And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.

When we read the NT and what Jesus taught on Israel and what John the Baptist warned about it is very clear that the time to repent and accept salvation began 2000 years ago when God brought His Son into the world.We all receive the invitation while we are alive not sometime in the distant future .The second chance for Israel that Hebrew roots and some dispensationalists teach is just not biblical.
That being said abide, I totally understand that you would weep and feel sad for the jewish people.Believe me I do too and many are drawn to Hebrew roots on account of this love.And the leaders know this and play on it.Another thing they love to play upon is people's desire to see Jesus return and the general feeling we all have that we are in the very last days.Problem is the scenario they paint is just not biblical.We have many threads here that discuss this and which I'm sure you will or have read already.Feel free to jump in any of those with your thoughts and questions.
So in a nutshell I believe the way we show love to the jewish people abide is by preaching the Gospel to them.Don't be put off by the fact that many seem resistant and defensive etc.There are many many nicodemuses out there( jewish believers who have not come out to their families.)I have met many and there are many many more which of course we wont get to know about.
I too am really glad you made it here abide.Like Vic said God started a work in you when you were 9 and I have faith that He will not let you go,if you don’t let him go.
Hebrew roots subtly undermines most of the core beliefs that we have grown up with as Christians.They make it sound appealing I know but always test things against what the Bible is teaching.
01-18-2010, 02:18 AM
God's Learning Channel is awesome!
01-18-2010, 10:47 AM (This post was last modified: 01-18-2010 10:59 AM by Vic.)
(01-18-2010 02:18 AM)Dave Wrote:  God's Learning Channel is awesome!

Apparently deception is also awesome, Dave? Eyerub According to your statement? Because that is what many disseminating on GLC are doing as we have shown 13666 ..and you think that's awesome, 443 which must mean you aren't into abiding the Truth of the Scriptures? 6775

BTW Dave, your first post was to be an introduction of yourself in the http://www.seekgod.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=17 Introduce Yourself thread. Apparently your understanding of forum etiquette is off as well. However, being that you zipped right into the Hebrew Roots section to post, we'll assume you are into Hebrew Roots--which also shows total lack of discernment and understanding Biblical Truth. Smiley-danger So to make it real simple for you, you won't be on here much at all if your goal is to simply promote it.

Vic
SeekGod.ca

01-18-2010, 03:20 PM

anything that is called "God's Learning Channel" can only be presumptuous at best, so straight away, without viewing or hearing any of it's content, God's gift of discernment should start saying "whoa".

Phillipians 4:23 "The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen."
01-19-2010, 10:44 AM
(01-18-2010 03:20 PM)Mary Wrote:  

anything that is called "God's Learning Channel" can only be presumptuous at best, so straight away, without viewing or hearing any of it's content, God's gift of discernment should start saying "whoa".

Th_goodpoint

Vic
SeekGod.ca