Baptism-A Means Of Salvation?
11-14-2009, 04:37 PM
Baptism-A Means Of Salvation?
I still have questions regarding the reasons for baptism. I was taught that it was necessary for salvation and was a requirement (Acts 2, John 3, etc) Jesus said that anyone not born of water (baptism) and spirit (Holy Ghost) could not enter the kingdom of God. Others tell me that it is a "sign" that you are a Christian. The following verse has always been unclear as to what Peter is stating. Is he saying that baptism is necessary for salvation?

For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison; Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water. The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ

Th_prraisethelord
MarkSmile

The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer;
My God, my strength, in whom I will trust;
My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
Psalm 18:2
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-22-2013, 08:02 PM
RE: Baptism-A Means Of Salvation?
It is a sign we are His and is to be our first step in following Him. All are born in water throught their natrual birth think of the term her water broke and all believers receive the Holy Spirit when they recieve salvation

We are to live out the gospel.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply