Welcome to SeekGod.ca Forum
Sign in Create Account
Not a member yet? Why not sign up today and start meeting our community.

Joseph Prince

Belltuck

Hello Truthbetold2003
Thanks for your reply. This bit made me smile

Matthew 6:19 Did you think about this -- how will you store up treasures in Heaven if you are poverty stricken here on earth?

........Can you really not think of any way?
(And no-one is recommending being poverty stricken, you're doing that inverse thing again.)

After a long train journey I arrived at a city in the late evening as people were going home and the shops were closing. I was unprepared and must have looked bewildered. A tramp asked if I was OK and directed me to the late opening shops and even started asking passers by where I could buy what I needed while I just stood there gaping like a fish. I would probably have managed without his help but he made me feel so welcome in that city.

An old lady who lived in a rented flat with her disabled son often looked after local children (including me) after school until their parents got back from work. She never took any money. I'm told that my grandmother did the same, but she was wealthy.

Vic

Administrator

(03-03-2015, 10:27 PM)Belltuck Wrote: Hello Truthbetold2003
Thanks for your reply. This bit made me smile

Matthew 6:19 Did you think about this -- how will you store up treasures in Heaven if you are poverty stricken here on earth?

........Can you really not think of any way?
(And no-one is recommending being poverty stricken, you're doing that inverse thing again.)

After a long train journey I arrived at a city in the late evening as people were going home and the shops were closing. I was unprepared and must have looked bewildered. A tramp asked if I was OK and directed me to the late opening shops and even started asking passers by where I could buy what I needed while I just stood there gaping like a fish. I would probably have managed without his help but he made me feel so welcome in that city.

An old lady who lived in a rented flat with her disabled son often looked after local children (including me) after school until their parents got back from work. She never took any money. I'm told that my grandmother did the same, but she was wealthy.

Well said, Belltuck. You may be here to learn but I think you have learned a lot about the Scriptures and living Christ and sharing those things. I am always encouraged when I read your posts. Thank you.
Vic
SeekGod.ca

3John 1:4  I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.
Isaiah 40:31  But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Lois

(This post was last modified: 09-01-2015, 07:35 PM by Lois.)

Prince teaches people that God can’t get angry with, chastise, or punish Christians. He says that chasteneth does not mean "to punish".

What about 1 Corinthians 11:30, where believers were not properly observing the Lord's supper? It shows that those believers who ate and drank the Lord's supper in an unworthy manner were becoming "weak", "sickly" and "dying".

1Co 11:18  For first of all, when ye come together in the church, I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it.
19 For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.
20 When ye come together therefore into one place, this is not to eat the Lord's supper.
21 For in eating every one taketh before other his own supper: and one is hungry, and another is drunken.
22 What? have ye not houses to eat and to drink in? or despise ye the church of God, and shame them that have not? What shall I say to you? shall I praise you in this? I praise you not.
23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:
24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.
25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.
26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.
27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.
28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.
29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.
31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.
32 But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.
33 Wherefore, my brethren, when ye come together to eat, tarry one for another.
34 And if any man hunger, let him eat at home; that ye come not together unto condemnation. And the rest will I set in order when I come.

What about Jesus' words to the seven churches in Asia Minor in Revelation 2-3?

In Revelation, Jesus not only punishes but also threatens to remove whole churches from their cities unless they repent (Rev. 2:5). In Revelation 2:16, Jesus tells the church of Pergamum to repent or else He will come and fight against some in their church. In Revelation 2:22-23, Jesus tells those who are under the influence of Jezebel that He will kill them unless they repent. Finally, Jesus tells the church of Laodicea that He is about to vomit them out of His mouth (Rev. 3:15-16), Strong words, indeed, that do not nicely fit into the theology of Joseph Prince.

In the book, Destined to Rein, Page 61, Princes writes

Quote:"One of the most evil teachings that I have heard is that God will chastise his own with sickness, disease, accidents and tragedies."
"Did you know that this erroneous teaching is actually based on the old covenant and not the new covenant?"

As anyone can read, what I posted is from the new covenant. Joe calls this teaching from the Scriptures evil.

On page 65

Quote:"So how can anyone have the audacity to say that God will still chastise us with sickness, disease, and accidents today? To say this is to negate the finished work of Jesus Christ! Under the new covenant. God will never again chastise the believer for his sins!"

Doesn't the Bible specifically teach just that though, repeatedly?

Heb 12:5 And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:
6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.
9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?
10 For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.
11 Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

In the book Prince writes that the original Greek word for "chastens" in these verses is poorly translated.

Quote:"My friend there is confusion in the church because the orignal Greek word here for "chastens" is poorly translated. The Greek word here is paideuo, which means "child training." It does not mean "to punish"
Pai is where you get the word pedeatrician(a doctor who specializes in treating children), while deuo means "to teach a child."

Chasteneth G3811
παιδεύω
paideuō

pahee-dyoo'-o
From G3816; to train up a child, that is, educate, or (by implication) discipline (by punishment): - chasten (-ise), instruct, learn, teach.

I'll post some definitions from different sites.

Chasteneth G3811 -- studybible.info/strongs/G3811

Quote:LSJ Gloss:
παιδεύω
    to bring up

Dodson:
παιδεύω
    I discipline, educate, train, chastise
    (a) I discipline, educate, train, (b) more severely: I chastise.

Strong's:
παιδεύω
    to train up a child, i.e. educate, or (by implication), discipline (by punishment)
    Derivation: from G3816;

KJV Usage: chasten(-ise), instruct, learn, teach.
    G3816

Thayer:
1) to train children
1a) to be instructed or taught or learn
1b) to cause one to learn
2) to chastise
2a) to chastise or castigate with words, to correct
2a1) of those who are moulding the character of others by reproof and admonition
2b) of God
2b1) to chasten by the affliction of evils and calamities
2c) to chastise with blows, to scourge
2c1) of a father punishing his son
2c2) of a judge ordering one to be scourged

http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexi...ongs=G3811

Quote:The KJV translates Strongs G3811 in the following manner: chasten (6x), chastise (2x), learn (2x), teach (2x), instruct (1x).

to train children

to be instructed or taught or learn

to cause one to learn

to chastise

to chastise or castigate with words, to correct

of those who are moulding the character of others by reproof and admonition

of God

to chasten by the affliction of evils and calamities

to chastise with blows, to scourge

of a father punishing his son

of a judge ordering one to be scourged

Verse again 6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

scourgeth G3146
μαστιγόω
mastigoō
mas-tig-o'-o
From G3148; to flog (literally or figuratively): - scourge.

For him to say "It does not mean "to punish" " is really not the truth.
Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.(2John 1:9)

Lois

I watched this video the other day. JP jumped on the Shemitah bandwagon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxCDy2xOrqo

He parrots what Johnathan Cahn says.

If this supposed 7 year pattern of financial, Shemitah, economic collapse, disaster, what-have-you, is supposedly God judging America every 7 years then how do they explain all the many stock market crashes and disasters that have happened throughout history that didn't occur during the year of rest? 89

I might have to make a thread just discussing the Shemitah..idk
Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.(2John 1:9)

Lois

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2015, 02:19 PM by Lois.)

It is well know that Joe teaches his followers that the Holy Spirit does not convict them of anything, make them feel condemned, or guilty,  and that if they feel convicted it is from the devil. Th_thlies

But in this mp3 he himself is attempting to manipulate his followers to give him their money by using condemning words to convict those that do not tithe as being God robbers.

r.newcreation.org.sg/site/audio/benefitsoftithing.mp3

Quote:At 24:16 - You say "All my money belongs to the Lord"-- When you check the tithing records, It's not there folks. They're only tipping God.-And they tip the waitress down the road even more because he sashays.It's important, well-well-well-well, pastor Prince, ya see, folks we don't check on your tithing record, so don't worry. Alright, we only check in 2 cases. Alright, that is between you and God.What I am teaching you is for your own prosperity.
Whether you tithe or not is between you and God...because our [country could] get blessed with windows of heaven blessings but I'm doing this for your good, we'll not check your records, the only time we check is when we are about to appoint someone to be a leader and then we check their tithing record because we don't want God robbers to become leaders.They end up people robbers also.   

They keep a record of everything that every one gives.  

He stated that what people give is between them and God.If he really believed that then why is he contradicting that by keeping a record of what he says is supposed to be between a person and God?

He says "WHEN you check the tithing records, It's not there" then he tries to back peddle and contradicts what he just said by saying we don't check on your tithing record, so which is the truth?

How does he know "It's not there folks" unless it is being monitored? Smilies-34791

He throws out the accusation that those that aren't tithing by the standards he has set of being robbers of God and people.That is a diabolic attempt to manipulate people, to make people feel guilty.
He teaches that only the devil accuses you, makes you feel condemned, convicted, and guilty, so then what does that make him for doing these things to the people that listen to him?

I pray that people will start seeing through his shuck and jive manipulation and repent.

Lois

Just bumping this from work on lunch