Welcome to SeekGod.ca Forum
Sign in Create Account
Not a member yet? Why not sign up today and start meeting our community.

Is Easter Pagan?

GustavoWoltmann

Could it not be both?
Just some thoughts-- The Israelites were in trouble for mixing 'strange fire' and other gods/ images/ in with what God told them to keep to His rules. What could be the "strange fire" in our time? Is everything OK to do just because "in my heart" I don't believe it is now what it was 100 or 1000 yrs ago? Is that trusting in my own understanding (therefore wrong?) Could the Israelites get away with saying that when they made the golden calf? Are we different than them, are there different expectations on us in the New Covenant? Do I have "weak faith" because I may think it IS still demonic/ pagan when it may mean nothing? It would be easier to answer if I knew what exactly was expected of me by the Almighty Creator of the Universe and everything in it. 1 Cor. chapter 10- I am studying it now.

1 Corinthians 11:26 (NET) "For every time you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes." This is "Passover" - remembering His death. But the Word also says:
Philippians 3:10 (NET) "My aim is to know him, to experience the power of his resurrection, to share in his sufferings, and to be like him in his death,..." This gives me peace, just the simplicity of these words from Him. Isn't the other stuff from "man"?

Vic

Administrator

Bump   That time of year again.
Vic
SeekGod.ca

3John 1:4  I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.
Isaiah 40:31  But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.