Welcome to SeekGod.ca Forum
Sign in Create Account
Not a member yet? Why not sign up today and start meeting our community.

The Day of the Lord

Rose of Shushan

Marathon Poster

(This post was last modified: 06-10-2010, 01:45 PM by Rose of Shushan.)

Still no answer to the tenses question...Jazzy if you made a statement on their being no hebrew tenses why cannot you now explain it and discuss it?
That is the problem with people debating using information that you get on websites.When they are then asked to explain things they cannot since they really didn't know what they were talking about in the first place..
Jazzy I am not saying this is so in your case since there is still time to prove us wrong.
So what did you mean when you said that there there were no hebrew tenses? I for one am still waiting for an answer on that thread we set up specifically to address it.

micha'l

(06-05-2010, 01:12 PM)Rose of Shushan Wrote: Jazzy you asked me what the Day of the Lord meant to me and in that particular past you referenced Zechariah 14 v1

Zec 14:1 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.
Zec 14:2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

In that particular day of the Lord it seems to refer to judgement and punishment being executed upon Israel.
That verse in Zech actually says a day of the Lord not the day of the Lord though.However Jazzy,I'm not too sure if you were asking me what I think of the phrase day of the Lord in just that verse or others too throughout the Bible.Thus it seemed a good idea to open up a thread discussing this topic.

So Jazzy I ask you what does the day of the Lord mean to you?
What does the day of the Lord mean to readers.Do you all think it refers to one event..or many?

Shalom,
The 'Day of the Lord' means the 70th Week of Daniel. And it will begin after Joel's prophecy is fulfilled on Sukkot, 2015. The 70th begins in 2016. As soon as my probation is over, I intend to post 'Psalm 119: Time Frame for the End of Days.'
This post will not set a day or hour, but a season. And the Lord has not only given us signs (Matt24), but commanded us to watch for them, lest we be in darkness as the rest.

Micha'l

RiverofFire

Banned

2016? How do you figure?

(04-18-2014, 08:06 AM)michal Wrote:
(06-05-2010, 01:12 PM)Rose of Shushan Wrote: Jazzy you asked me what the Day of the Lord meant to me and in that particular past you referenced Zechariah 14 v1

Zec 14:1 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.
Zec 14:2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

In that particular day of the Lord it seems to refer to judgement and punishment being executed upon Israel.
That verse in Zech actually says a day of the Lord not the day of the Lord though.However Jazzy,I'm not too sure if you were asking me what I think of the phrase day of the Lord in just that verse or others too throughout the Bible.Thus it seemed a good idea to open up a thread discussing this topic.

What does the day of the Lord mean to readers.Do you all think it refers to one event..or many?

Shalom,
The 'Day of the Lord' means the 70th Week of Daniel. And it will begin after Joel's prophecy is fulfilled on Sukkot, 2015. The 70th begins in 2016. As soon as my probation is over, I intend to post 'Psalm 119: Time Frame for the End of Days.'
This post will not set a day or hour, but a season. And the Lord has not only given us signs (Matt24), but commanded us to watch for them, lest we be in darkness as the rest.

Micha'l

micha'l

(04-18-2014, 12:09 PM)RiverofFire Wrote: 2016? How do you figure?

(04-18-2014, 08:06 AM)michal Wrote:

Shalom,

Micha'l

Shalom,

And thanks for asking 'How do u figure'. I think I have already reached the required number of post for a newbie before he can start a thread. But I will wait for Vic to respond.

When I can, I will post this - Psalm 119: Time Frame for the End of Days - I believe the Lord has revealed such a time frame.

Micha'l