01-02-2009, 11:50 AM
RE: in court
(01-02-2009 11:18 AM)Emjesown Wrote: I wanna say something
Emje, no one is irritated with any of your questions that I can see. I think when a person moves from one area to another it really is wise to eavaluate all we know and believe to the Word of God. We are called to prove all things---to the Scriptures first and factually if necessary. Since you have been submerged in various doctrines it only makes sense to go thru your beliefs and confirm which are right and true to the Scriptures, what are merely opinion from another source and what is contrary to Scriptures and facts.
We are to study to show ourselves approved--and that means each of us must enter into that studying-- there is no fast food way of doing it but patiently and methodically studying.
(15) Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
(16) But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.
It's only by digging into the Word and learning it, can we begin to discern between good and evil, and it really comes from allowing Christ to show us and teach us.
(12) For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.
(13) For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.
(14) But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.
Psa 119:11 Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.
Blessings to you Emje, as you seek Him and the Truth of His Word.
Eph 6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Eph 6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
Eph 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Eph 6:13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
Eph 6:14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
Eph 6:15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
Eph 6:16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
Eph 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
Eph 6:18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
3John 1:4 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.
Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)