What's the True Name of God?
04-16-2011, 11:38 AM
RE: What's the True Name of God?
(04-16-2011 08:59 AM)sari83 Wrote: [quote='YYZ Skinhead' pid='7251' dateline='1302905678']
Recently, as I was researching God's name, I googled YHWH, and the first article in the results was a wikipedia article entitled, Tetragrammaton. I just assumed this was a common term for God's name. I honestly had no idea it meant anything more.
(04-15-2011 11:31 PM)Vic Wrote: Vic:
Sarah, the article on wikipedia--which is not known for it's accuracy unless all sources and information are confirmed incidentally--tells of the views and use of it. Including Jewish view. So if you read that, you read some of the info.
The question was, where did you get the knowledge of the term tetragrammaton. Most Christians do not know that term. That's the question.
And no Sarah, I am not over-analyzing your posts or information. Nor am I falsely accusing you. Please don't play the victim. We are going by what you post Sarah. You say you get your doctrine by your own study. Yet, you are found in agreement with and in discussion on the internet with HR groups and or messianic. So something is a contradiction there isn't it?
I can see contradictions because that is something that God has allowed me to see, time and again in writings and conversations. I see contradictions in what people say and things that contradict the Scriptures as God leads. So, believe me when I say, I am not over-analyzing you or your posts. Nor is anyone else.
You could not have just recently decided to research God's Name. Because you have been using madeup HR names or as some describe sacred name ideas for the ones you have been using. They are not accurate hebrew words or names. That's a problem.
Again you distinctly avoid the questions to you. You said you wanted me to show you areas of gnosticism or false doctrine. Well here's the deal. I am going to ask you some clear questions and am asking for a straight yes or no answer to them directly or at least a direct and clear answer. Please consider not avoiding answering as you are prone to do. This will resolve some needed clarifications for me and I am sure others.
1) Are you still currently involved in the Followers of Yah forum and/or website that now has a new forum found at messianiccommun..../followers-of-yah-forum...etc
2) If you are no longer involved with Followers of Yah, when did you leave?
3) Are you still currently involved with Nazarite.net?
4) This is a comment from nazarite.net that you made:
Quote:Referred: from a link Favorite: Messianic Judaism
Do you still believe that? You said it was in the last two years you started reading the OT. And here we see you 2 years ago confirming nazarite.net as "delivering a powerful message of truth".
So again, Do you still believe that?
If you didn't know the names of any of the leaders I have researched in HR and yet defended them, how would you know what nazarite.net proclaims as truth without reading their information, since it promotes those leaders teachings and books and videos and you say you never heard of before coming here?
5) If you are no longer involved in nazarite.net, when did you discontinue association?
6) Are you calling yourself a
a) nazarite or nazarene
d) Hebrew roots proponent
e) something else, if so what?
7) Do you believe you know the 'true name' of God? If so, what is it?
8) Do you still believe that the names of God and Jesus
are prefixed with Yah,
8b) Do You still use Yahuah and Yahuashua?
9) Do you believe that Jesus was born of a virgin as the Scriptures say?
10) Do you believe that Jesus is Divine?
10a)Do you believe that Jesus is Divine, sinless, and fully God and fully man?
11) Do you believe what the Scriptures say in 1 Tim 3:16, and 1 John 5:7 and that they are a true record as given by God, or do you believe they are corrupt?
12) Do you believe the Word of God as we have it today--and since you claim to use the KJV, I will ask if it can be trusted? or do you believe it has been corrupted and things have been added to and taken away by translators or scribes?
13) Do you believe we have a NEW Covenant or do you believe that it is a RENEWED Covenant?
14) Do you believe that Jesus brought a New Law when He brought in the New Covenant?
15) Do you believe that when Jesus said He fulfilled the Law and the prophets that means they were actually fufilled having been shadows and types of what He was going to do?
16) Do you believe the feasts and sabbaths from the Sinai Coventant should be observed by Christians ie those under the New Covenant?
17) Do you believe Christians are generally anti-semitic?
There's much more I could ask, Sarah, based on your many posts, but I think I will leave it at this and see if you are going to answer these direct questions.
The thing is Sarah, if you hold beliefs -and that means really believe something---there is no need to hide it. If that's who you are, then not admitting to a belief you have is saying you are either ashamed of the belief or don't really believe it, or prefer to deceive people into thinking you are something other than you are. That's reality. All our beliefs should be able to not only be presented but put to the test of Scripture first and also factually where necessary. If what believe fails that test we need to make changes to make our doctrine align the Word of God.
It's entirely up to you what you want to convey to others. But here's your chance to clarify some of the things that are at issue. If you really came here to just discuss things, this should be no problem for you.
2Co 8:21 Providing for honest things, not only in the sight of the Lord, but also in the sight of men.
Col 4:6 Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
1Pe 2:12 Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation.
1Th 5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.
1Th 5:22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.
1Jn 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
1Jn 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
2Ti 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
2Ti 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
Eph 5:8 For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:
Eph 5:9 (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;)
Eph 5:10 Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.
Eph 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
Joh 3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
Joh 3:21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.
3John 1:4 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.
Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
|Messages In This Thread|
RE: What's the True Name of God? - strefanash - 12-31-2008, 01:33 AM
RE: What's the True Name of God? - strefanash - 12-31-2008, 02:04 PM
RE: What's the True Name of God? - strefanash - 12-31-2008, 10:35 PM
RE: What's the True Name of God? - Vic - 04-16-2011 11:38 AM
User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)