Help Me I've Strayed!!!!!!!!!!!!
03-06-2011, 01:16 PM
Help Me I've Strayed!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hello,

I haven't been on this site for quite some time. To be honest, I have strayed away from God. Not completely, but I have not been living my life for Him. I won't go into a lot of details, but I have been wandering down roads I never should have. Some are roads I had walked down before I had a relationship with Christ, and some are new.
I feel that I have disappointed God and that to road back to him is too far and that He cannot accept me back because of the things I've done and the things I've allowed to come into my life.
I am weak. I know that. I don't feel strong enough to make it back. I need prayer. I need encouragement. I need to get back into His Word but don't know where to begin. I need to pray but don't know how. Any advice/encouragement will be greatly welcome. Thanks.

Th_prraisethelord
MarkSmile

The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer;
My God, my strength, in whom I will trust;
My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
Psalm 18:2
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-06-2011, 02:44 PM
RE: Help Me I've Strayed!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dear Mark,

It is so good that you have come to the forum again. I think most believers will say they/we have had times of straying and feeling like they/we have disappointed God. And why would He even want to hear our prayers.

Here's the thing Mark. We have these most precious promises:

1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

1Jn 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
1Jn 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

1Pe 4:12 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:

2Co 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Eph 1:7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

Heb 4:14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.
Heb 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
Heb 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

1Pe 5:6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:
1Pe 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
1Pe 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
1Pe 5:9 Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.
1Pe 5:10 But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.
1Pe 5:11 To him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

A friend recently reminded me of these passages:

Psalm 118, 119, 22, 23. In fact always in times of struggle I have often simply read the Psalms, and kept reading and praying until I am at peace.

Remember also,

Jas 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
Jas 4:8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.
Jas 4:9 Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness.
Jas 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Eph 6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
Eph 6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
Eph 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Eph 6:13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
Eph 6:14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
Eph 6:15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
Eph 6:16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
Eph 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
Eph 6:18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

1Pe 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
1Pe 1:4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,
1Pe 1:5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
1Pe 1:6 Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations:
1Pe 1:7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:
1Pe 1:8 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:
1Pe 1:9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

Psa 37:23 The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way.
Psa 37:24 Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholdeth him with his hand.
Psa 37:25 I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.
Psa 37:26 He is ever merciful, and lendeth; and his seed is blessed.
Psa 37:27 Depart from evil, and do good; and dwell for evermore.
Psa 37:28 For the LORD loveth judgment, and forsaketh not his saints; they are preserved for ever: but the seed of the wicked shall be cut off.

It's never been about our own abilities or righteousness. It's about full dependence on Jesus, to cleanse us, and give us the faith and ability to live for Him. None of us can do it on our own. When we have sinned and are under full conviction of those sins, confessing them, repenting from them are necessary in order to move forward. We also know that the depth of God's forgiveness is even greater than the 70x7 the apostles were told to forgive others. When He forgives us, He promises our sins are remembered no more.

Psa 103:8 The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy.
Psa 103:9 He will not always chide: neither will he keep his anger for ever.
Psa 103:10 He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our iniquities.
Psa 103:11 For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that fear him.
Psa 103:12 As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.
Psa 103:13 Like as a father pitieth his children, so the LORD pitieth them that fear him.

God knows we can get messed up. It's what we do when we know we have. And it starts with believing all God said and promised to those who believe who Jesus is and that He died so our sins would be forgiven. When we make that step, then we need to make a heart committment to live for Him, and the Scriptures teach us how to follow Him in obedience.

Joh 8:31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
Joh 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. ...Joh 8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Paul wrote that when we are unable to pray, that the Holy Spirit helps us.

Rom 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
Rom 8:27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
Rom 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
Rom 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
Rom 8:30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
Rom 8:31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

Heb 7:25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

Nothing can separate us from the love of Christ, Mark. But once we determine to live for Him, we need to allow Him to change us and walk in the Spirit not the flesh.

Rom 8:34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
Rom 8:35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
Rom 8:36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
Rom 8:37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
Rom 8:38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Rom 8:39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

There's some poems I posted recently to the forum, that I wrote a few years ago. One is a bit of devotional called Father I Cannot Pray Today. I think it might be of encouragement to you, as well as the other poems. http://www.seekgod.ca/forum/showthread.php?tid=768 > post 4 has that one.

Mark, if you need to pm me or want to ask more questions, please don't hesitate. Be encouraged, God isn't done with you yet, and just the fact that you have said what you did, shows a heart desiring to live for Christ again.

Vic
SeekGod.ca

3John 1:4 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.
Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-06-2011, 04:18 PM
(03-06-2011 01:16 PM)Mark Wrote:  Hello,

I haven't been on this site for quite some time. To be honest, I have strayed away from God. Not completely, but I have not been living my life for Him. I won't go into a lot of details, but I have been wandering down roads I never should have. Some are roads I had walked down before I had a relationship with Christ, and some are new.
I feel that I have disappointed God and that to road back to him is too far and that He cannot accept me back because of the things I've done and the things I've allowed to come into my life.
I am weak. I know that. I don't feel strong enough to make it back. I need prayer. I need encouragement. I need to get back into His Word but don't know where to begin. I need to pray but don't know how. Any advice/encouragement will be greatly welcome. Thanks.

" ....so great is his mercy toward them that fear him."
Grouphugg6SendprysTh_JesusLives

Phillipians 4:23 "The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen."
03-06-2011, 06:44 PM
Welcome back Mark!!
your story reminds me of the parable of the prodigal son.
Jesus and God know our weak natures.That is why Jesus said we must forgive whoever wrongs us not just seven times but seventy.God knows we fail and make mistakes.
Throughout my life there have been many times when I have strayed in the sense that I have allowed certain types of sin or overlooked certain others.As we get older and think we will never fall prey to such and such ever again we see that inadvertently we may fall victim to things which deep down we know are not right.
The beauty comes in recognising that we have failed God, which you have done since you are on here posting it openly and wanting sincerely to change.That is what God needs to work on our hearts.That we want that change.And sometimes God has to allow us to fall to certain depths for us to recognise that we need to change .Also, God will not change us if we don't want it.Our free will is too precious.

If you ever feel really alone don't hesitate to email me and I will try to encourage you..Thats' what we are all here for.To encourage and build up one another.
Bear in mind also that while on earth Jesus mingled with the common people who were sinners just like you and me.He was patient with them.He was harsh with the religious leaders that were leading the people astray.Yet with the common people He was a shepherd guidiing His flock.Shepherds dont beat the sheep.Instead Jesus says

Joh 10:11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
Joh 10:12 But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.
Joh 10:13 The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.
Joh 10:14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.
Joh 10:15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.
Joh 10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.
Joh 10:17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.

and check out this encouraging Scripture

Heb 13:20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,
Heb 13:21 Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Note it says perfect you
We are all works in progress.
Will be keeping you in prayer!!
03-06-2011, 09:08 PM
Thank you folks. I'm taking baby steps back right now. Your words are all very encouraging and very much appreciated. Thanks again.

Th_prraisethelord
MarkSmile

The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer;
My God, my strength, in whom I will trust;
My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
Psalm 18:2
03-29-2011, 06:08 PM
HI Mark, hoping you are doing better in the Lord. Sendprys

Vic
SeekGod.ca

3John 1:4 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.
Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-18-2011, 11:59 PM
Hi Mark,

Hope all is well with you and your "baby steps" turned into bigger steps.

Hos 14:4 I will heal their backsliding, I will love them freely: for mine anger is turned away from him.

Kindly,
Rick

Jer 12:5 If thou hast run with the footmen, and they have wearied thee, then how canst thou contend with horses? and if in the land of peace, wherein thou trustedst, they wearied thee, then how wilt thou do in the swelling of Jordan?