Jim Staley and World Net Daily
10-03-2011, 03:43 PM
RE: Jim Staley and World Net Daily
Quote:I believe it's to take followers away from all things Christian and New Testament. Because that has to be the end result. You can't merge two contrary beliefs and remain sound in what one believes. It's like serving two masters. It's one or the other, not both.

Exactly. They still haven't figured out that oil and water don't mix.
I on occasion hear Messies on the radio and they constantly talk about
the Torah, but almost never about the NT. And even Jesus's name is
seldom mentioned.

Sometimes they remind me of Mohammad-trying to create a new religion
by blending together two others.

I think it's interesting that Christianity as a whole doesn't seem to fight the HR
movement, and in many ways is accepting of it. I've seen people involved in
HR stray away from Christianity more than once. Are there any active anti-HR
missions/missionaries at work?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2011, 12:20 PM
(10-03-2011 03:43 PM)SheitlQueen Wrote:  
Quote:I believe it's to take followers away from all things Christian and New Testament. Because that has to be the end result. You can't merge two contrary beliefs and remain sound in what one believes. It's like serving two masters. It's one or the other, not both.

Exactly. They still haven't figured out that oil and water don't mix.
I on occasion hear Messies on the radio and they constantly talk about
the Torah, but almost never about the NT. And even Jesus's name is
seldom mentioned.

Sometimes they remind me of Mohammad-trying to create a new religion
by blending together two others.

I think it's interesting that Christianity as a whole doesn't seem to fight the HR
movement, and in many ways is accepting of it. I've seen people involved in
HR stray away from Christianity more than once. Are there any active anti-HR
missions/missionaries at work?

Looking back since I researched and wrote my first series, To Embrace Hebrew Roots in 1998/99, for many, they believed the false idea that to speak about these things was to be anti-semitic. And we have seen that false accusation repeatedly against me and my site, by messianics and Hebrew roots, and those claiming to be Christian who are friends with various ones in that camp. It's because of that nonsense I believe, that many who could have been speaking out have remained silent or have been muzzled. Fear of being labeled or reprisals.

That said, Christians are being targeted in forums and bible studies, and via Christian media, to be drawn away into HR. I have heard from many over the years, who have been rejected or who have seen family or friends totally pulled away from Christ, and end up despising Christians. It's very sad, because they believe what they are moving into is somehow more godly. Christianity is filled with deceptions all under label of Christian. But, for those who know Christ and understand the scriptures, that really is no surprise. There have been many warnings in Scripture about those things.

Unlike Judaism with anti-missionary groups such as Jews for Judaism who are very proactive against HR< Messianics and also Christians pulling people away from Judaism, for some reason, Christians --and I mean those under the umbrella or label of Christian--either remain silent or are being wooed to accept various aspects of HR. Look at this thread. This is a pretty large audience with world net daily-viewed as being a major Christian resource and publication. And this isn't the first time it's promoted HR people or ideas.

And even throughout other groups such as even the Evangelical Press Association convention in 2006---had First Fruits of Zion,'s Christopher Detwiler, aka Boaz Michael as a workshop speaker --although I haven't tracked it since. That's him with his phony conversion to Judaism and claims to be Jewish so he could appear to be a like a rabbi, being in with people from Christianity Today, etc. FFOZ website and teachings are filled with kabbalah and talmud, and bringing people under HR. It's ludicrous. EPA's doctrinal statement--which is really part of the ecumenical mindset, however, "Although EPA members represent a range of theological views, they are united by shared beliefs on core doctrinal issues. Our doctrinal statement mirrors that of the National Association of Evangelicals."

We've seen Sky Angel --a supposed Christian satellite system promoting Michael Rood and who knows what else. We see HR crossing into mainstream Christian events and using Christian media --by "Christian" invitation. How sad is that.

Individuals, some pastors, and perhaps some congregations as a whole, are savvy to understand the deception and may speak against it all, but I've had pastors write asking me about HR or HR leadership and many individuals ask how to refute it, if they are struggling to deal with it themselves. It's very sad because if Christians know their Bibles, they won't be so easily sucked in. My website was for a long time, one of the few that addressed HR. I really haven't tracked how many others are out and about on other forums or blogs, etc, speaking specifically about the errors of it. For the most part it's individuals speaking up I think, and working one on one with individuals.

Vic
SeekGod.ca

3John 1:4 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.
Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-18-2012, 11:32 PM
Why are people so afraid to look at Jewish/Hebraic Roots teaching? After all that is where Christianity came from. We are called Jewdeo/Christians. You would think after a few hundred years out from under Catholic church/rule we would want to fully break from that tradition. But as I can see from all over America people are still chained to it.
12-19-2012, 12:49 AM
(12-18-2012 11:32 PM)kingdavid6268 Wrote:  Why are people so afraid to look at Jewish/Hebraic Roots teaching? After all that is where Christianity came from. We are called Jewdeo/Christians. You would think after a few hundred years out from under Catholic church/rule we would want to fully break from that tradition. But as I can see from all over America people are still chained to it.

The site has been mainly dedicated to looking into and refuting (with scripture) Hebraic Roots teachings.This site has been dedicated to doing that for Oh, what the last 12 years.(I think?) So I don't see how you could say that anyone is "afraid" to look at the teachings?

Kingdavid6268, I would like to encourage you to actually take the time to read through the main site and the forum.
http://www.seekgod.ca/index.htm

Vic has done years worth of research on the subject as well as some members here that are Jewish and some former HR.
All teachings should be and are compared to scripture..this is not done flippantly or off the cuff.

I don't know your reasoning for bringing the Catholic church into the thread as I don't believe any of us are affiliated with or adhere to Catholicism.
I would like to encourage you to stay on the topic of the thread so that the thread does not get confusing.

If you don't understand someone's reasoning perhaps you should ask more questions such as why someone doesn't agree with Jim Staley and World Net Daily, or where someone believes Jim Staley and World Net Daily have strayed from clear biblical doctrines?

Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.(2John 1:9)