Prayer/Advice/Insight
02-26-2012, 08:18 PM
Prayer/Advice/Insight
Hey there,

I really think I need some help,some prayer,someone else's insight right now.

Ever since God opened my eyes to the false doctrine I had been under,I have thought that I should start a website much like Vic's but my main focus would be about the charismatic beliefs and my experiences with that.

I immediately wanted to shout the truth from the roof tops,start a blog,something that might help other women who have been enslaved to this doctrine..but I felt compelled to wait,learn and grow more.

I have been praying for some months now about being able to have the finances and fortitude to go forward with such an endeavor even stating in my prayers,"God, if you want me to do this then you will some how give me the money for it"

Lo and behold I will be getting $800 back on my taxes.Of course I have prayed and prayed about what to do with this money.
In the past I have just blown it,Red Lobster,shopping, etc, but now I must be a better steward and not live selfishly on the money God gives me.

I know to some it would seem like a no brainer,you will have the money just do it, but I want God's will,not my own.

Since I did my taxes 2 weeks ago I had it set in my mind to use it for a web ministry but my peace in so doing has been fleeting.

I have heard people say before that they knew something was God's will because they had peace about whatever it was and therein lies part of my problem.

It seems the closer I get to getting that money the more in spiritual upheaval I feel.I am at the point of feeling attacked, even now just trying to write and ask for prayer and insight about this I feel like I'm breaking out in hives..itching all over and a nervous wreck.

I have moments of peace about this but they do not last long.I feel as though there is some kind of spiritual Armageddon going on inside me(overly dramatic)

I have this whole, God will give you peace about it if you are supposed to do it thing stuck in my head but is that necessarily true?

I am having trouble discerning the meaning of why I feel in such turmoil and I have asked God to show me,help me and give me understanding as to what and why this is happening.

I don't know if all this spiritual unrest is God,me,or the devil.

Is it me doing it to myself because maybe I'm afraid of failing?
Or is it because I am being attacked ie, The devil trying to keep me from doing it.
Or is it God telling me not to do it?

Is it a combination of things? Am I just going schizophrenic?

I have been trying not to even think about it because it starts to cause me such distress but the time is closing in on making a firm decision and moving forward either way.

Your prayers and insight would be very much appreciated on this.

Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.(2John 1:9)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-27-2012, 03:52 PM
RE: Prayer/Advice/Insight
(02-26-2012 08:18 PM)Lois Wrote:  Hey there,

I really think I need some help,some prayer,someone else's insight right now.

Ever since God opened my eyes to the false doctrine I had been under,I have thought that I should start a website much like Vic's but my main focus would be about the charismatic beliefs and my experiences with that.

I immediately wanted to shout the truth from the roof tops,start a blog,something that might help other women who have been enslaved to this doctrine..but I felt compelled to wait,learn and grow more.

I have been praying for some months now about being able to have the finances and fortitude to go forward with such an endeavor even stating in my prayers,"God, if you want me to do this then you will some how give me the money for it"

Lo and behold I will be getting $800 back on my taxes.Of course I have prayed and prayed about what to do with this money.
In the past I have just blown it,Red Lobster,shopping, etc, but now I must be a better steward and not live selfishly on the money God gives me.

I know to some it would seem like a no brainer,you will have the money just do it, but I want God's will,not my own.

Since I did my taxes 2 weeks ago I had it set in my mind to use it for a web ministry but my peace in so doing has been fleeting.

I have heard people say before that they knew something was God's will because they had peace about whatever it was and therein lies part of my problem.

It seems the closer I get to getting that money the more in spiritual upheaval I feel.I am at the point of feeling attacked, even now just trying to write and ask for prayer and insight about this I feel like I'm breaking out in hives..itching all over and a nervous wreck.

I have moments of peace about this but they do not last long.I feel as though there is some kind of spiritual Armageddon going on inside me(overly dramatic)

I have this whole, God will give you peace about it if you are supposed to do it thing stuck in my head but is that necessarily true?

I am having trouble discerning the meaning of why I feel in such turmoil and I have asked God to show me,help me and give me understanding as to what and why this is happening.

I don't know if all this spiritual unrest is God,me,or the devil.

Is it me doing it to myself because maybe I'm afraid of failing?
Or is it because I am being attacked ie, The devil trying to keep me from doing it.
Or is it God telling me not to do it?

Is it a combination of things? Am I just going schizophrenic?

I have been trying not to even think about it because it starts to cause me such distress but the time is closing in on making a firm decision and moving forward either way.

Your prayers and insight would be very much appreciated on this.

My first thought was that you should get more involved here, helping Vic. I prayed about it and still feel the idea has merit, but some risks mainly for Vic came to mind....what do others think?
Anyway Lois so long as you have doubts, keep your money and perhaps attend to any other outstanding issues first, such as health for example. Wink

Phillipians 4:23 "The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen."
02-27-2012, 07:36 PM
Hi Mary,

Thank you for responding and praying about this.

I'm not sure what risks there would be to Vic in me having a website as it would be my site and not be affiliated with hers,much like some of your blogs and such.

I would be more than willing to be more involved here,I'm just not sure how I could be,Vic would have to shed more light on that subject.(assuming she needs more help)

I feel very much like I should be doing something.

I definitely will continue to pray about it.

Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.(2John 1:9)
02-29-2012, 11:46 AM
Hi Lois,

Thank you for sharing where you are at about things. I know you have a deep desire to help others. Over the years I have seen others come out of HR, Pentecostal or Charismatic beliefs. Many also desire to warn others, which is really a good thing.

One of the issues I ran into with one person who had been in the Charismatic beliefs for several years, plus other beliefs, was that they did not take the time to deal with all those beliefs before thinking they had their doctrine all fixed up. THey saw some of the error and jumped right into trying to get others out of those same beliefs. Part of the problem was because they didn't believe that specific beliefs were not of God, even though they obtained them while in the movement. They couldn't see that they were still being deceived by them. It took quite some time-well over a year- before the hidden beliefs were revealed, and it was quite a surprise to see they were there.

That is in fact one of the dangers of coming out of false teachings or long held beliefs. It isn't always recognised as being not Scripturally sound. I have also seen there can be a harshness and lack of love for those people still in those systems if they don't at first respond the way the person thinks they should. They want instant results for other people, which for them can take years of study and relearning the Scriptures without the prior denominational/group bias.

IN saying all that, I think each person must take the time and make sure their doctrine abides the Word of God. It's certainly not an overnight thing. I have read where many from Pentecostal/Charismatic backgrounds have to start anew in understanding who Christ is, and that salvation is not based on works etc. Some actually start over by accepting Christ based on who He is in the Scriptures, not according to what had been taught by that leadership. So these are basic things that need to be addressed with much thought and care.

I do think the best place to start in helping others is with a written testimony, declaring Christ and what you now believe. You are welcome to post it on here or I have a place for testimonies on my website, if that interests you, Lois. The other thing is, you don't have to pay for a website like I do. There are many blogs now like word press who do not charge and you can set it up by various designs, if you really feel you want to try an internet presence. You can obtain your own domain name that way also. And you don't have to be concerned with the technical issues then, because they take care of all that. Just something to think about.

As far as helping here, I hadn't really thought about it. Although, having someone on as you have been is helpful. YOu can actually spot spammers--anyone who joins and has commercial or any links in their info--and mark any post they do as spam--and it gets the notice to me if I am tied up or limited. I would have to pray about further involvement. I really am not sure, but, who knows what God has in mind. YOu've been doing good posts and researching which is a really good thing to do when dealing with things. I guess we'll wait and see what happens.

Icon_tea

Vic
SeekGod.ca

3John 1:4 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.
Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-29-2012, 07:02 PM
Thanks so much Vic for your insight it is very much appreciated.

I can be impulsive, quite honestly, even when I think I may have thought something through,I often find myself thinking If I had thought it through just a little longer I may have had a better result.

I will continue to actively pursue God,His word and will for me.

I think that I probably do need to take more time to learn and grow.I just wonder though,do you ever really know when you are ready?

The "hidden beliefs" you mentioned had not occurred to me.I think that is something I should pray about.

I definitely want to make sure I am not carrying any false doctrine baggage.

I have surfed the net to see if there is a need for a website like I would like to do.I have read people's site where they claim to have "come out" of the charismatic church but they still keep some,if not all,the beliefs.

Or they have come out of one false belief system,only to get caught up in another..or they marry 2 or 3 different beliefs into one.It seems a mad house.

I definitely am reminded of 2Ti 3:13 over and over...

2Ti 3:13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

I think a written testimony is also a good idea.I will work on that.I think it will be pretty lengthy though. lol